Author Topic: Dryer balls  (Read 3280 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Dryer balls
« on: June 24, 2011, 10:43:54 AM »
I'm not convinced  ::)
plus they're noisy as heck

Dryer Balls soften fabrics naturally without the need for fabric softener. They will reduce static cling and leave your clothes feeling soft without the use of harmful chemicals. These two little balls will last for years, and take the place of your other fabric softening products. Because they are completely chemical-free, dryer balls are perfect for anyone with sensitive skin or allergies. They are reusable, hypoallergenic and come with a Lifetime Guarantee. Save hundreds of dollars on fabric softeners, dryer sheets, and energy with Dryer Balls.

For a price that is just a little more than one fabric softener or dryer sheet purchase, you will have a fabric softening product that will last for years. Imagine the savings of never buying fabric softener or dryer sheets again. Plus with 15%-25% shorter drying times, you will save on energy costs and shorten the amount of time it takes you to do laundry.

Dryer balls tumble in the dryer to lift and separate your laundry, allowing the air to flow more efficiently. As a result, your clothes dry faster and feel fluffier. The soft tips on our dryer balls massage fabrics to naturally fluff and soften them without the use of chemical-laden dryer sheets or liquid fabric softeners. They are completely reusable and safe for use on all fabrics. The unique design causes the fibers to relax, leaving clothes softer and towels more absorbent. Without the use of chemicals, there is no build-up on your towels so they don't loose absorbency like with dryer sheets. These dryer balls can be used over and over again and they last for years! They are so good, they come with a Lifetime Guarantee!

How to Use:
Just toss them in the dryer with your normal load of laundry. That's all there is to it. Leave them in the dryer and use for every load. They are totally reusable and will continue to tumble in the dryer, softening your clothes load after load. The soft nodules never ware out, so they will massage the fibers of your clothes, opening them up and making them naturally soft and fluffy for years and years. Reduce lint and wrinkles without the use of chemicals. Dryer Balls are safe for all fabrics and the unique soft rubber material will never melt, break or release any chemicals. Eliminate your need for dryer sheets.

:

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Dryer balls
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 10:48:41 AM »
Cue Migs and his gutter mind in 3....2.....
R

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 01:42:37 PM »

Well according to him they are blue...

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 04:08:02 PM »
baby powder helps dry balls

newmom

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 04:51:25 PM »
I'm okay with fabric softner sheets in the dryer

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 05:09:01 PM »

>:(

;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 07:19:07 PM »
LOL this thread is suprisingly clean for the title

whats the problem with fabric softner sheets? do they damage clothes?

newmom

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 05:10:31 AM »
LOL this thread is suprisingly clean for the title

whats the problem with fabric softner sheets? do they damage clothes?

only time I dont use sheets is with my towels. Sucks. Sheets break down fibers in the towel

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 01:48:43 PM »
only time I dont use sheets is with my towels. Sucks. Sheets break down fibers in the towel
so do they effect the softness of shirts and stuff too?

news to me, maybe I should stop using them then

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 06:59:01 AM »
I prefer the liquid over the sheets.  I feel like all the fabric gets hit then and you don't run the risk of having a sheet sticking out of your pants. ;D
:

newmom

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 07:31:13 AM »
so do they effect the softness of shirts and stuff too?

news to me, maybe I should stop using them then

no, not to my knowledge.

I do like liquid fabric softner but always, except for towels but a few sheets in the dryer also

w8m8

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 12:02:41 PM »
Sheets break down fibers in the towel

one of my friends thought the same thing .. I never heard it until she mentioned it to me

There is a commonly held belief that fabric softener will break down the fibers in your clothing over time. While this particular belief has been disproved, there are other issues with fabric softeners that you may want to know about

there are a few good things on this page about fabric softeners and even how to help eliminate static cling

http://www.professorshouse.com/Your-Home/Cleaning/Laundry/Articles/Does-Fabric-Softener-Break-Down-Clothing-/

Most manufacturers recommend amounts that are far in excess of what is needed.

Frugal living expert Pat Veretto suggests that you cut dryer sheets into fourths and then use each twice. You will use much less fabric softener and still reduce static cling. She also suggests that you dilute liquid softener with water. Instead of using it in the washing machine dispenser, spray it inside your dryer or soak up a small amount of softener with a rag and use it as a homemade dryer sheet. You can re-use that rag several times simply by dampening it – no new fabric softener required.

If you think you want to give up fabric softener, there are other options for eliminating static cling. Toss a wet towel into the dryer a few minutes before the end of the cycle. Use a ball of aluminum foil in the dryer. Add ½ cup of white vinegar, baking soda or Borax to the rinse cycle of your washer to soften the water and reduce static cling. To make it really easy, add white vinegar in place of fabric softener in the fabric softener dispenser of your washer. Before trying this myself I was guaranteed that my clothes would not end up smelling like a chip wagon. Thus assured, I added vinegar to a load of laundry and can happily say that not only was there no static cling, there was also no odor.

Migs

• Getbig V

w8m8

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 07:08:14 AM »
apparently Pat Veretto has no life

LOL