Author Topic: Ron Paul leads TIME magazine GOP nominee bracket, Cast your vote  (Read 468 times)

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
Live free or die

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Ron Paul leads TIME magazine GOP nominee bracket, Cast your vote
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 11:18:03 AM »
However, only 6 percent of Iowa Republicans expected to attend the 2012 caucuses prefer the former Minnesota governor as their choice, according to the poll.

Former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich, whose campaign has struggled since widespread staff departures this month, has support from 7 percent, the same as Texas Representative Ron Paul.

Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum has 4 percent, followed by former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, who has said he will not campaign in Iowa, with 2 percent.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/25/romney-and-bachmann-lead-iowa-poll-on-gop-presidential-field/

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 11:24:26 AM »
Any Fox News poll is going to have cooked numbers against Ron Paul, they can't stand him.  I was talking about the Time online poll listed above.  In that poll RP has 55% of the vote. 
Live free or die

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 11:28:42 AM »
Any Fox News poll is going to have cooked numbers against Ron Paul, they can't stand him.  I was talking about the Time online poll listed above.  In that poll RP has 55% of the vote. 

lol

"The poll conducted for The Des Moines Register shows Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, with support from 23 percent in Iowa."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/25/romney-and-bachmann-lead-iowa-poll-on-gop-presidential-field/

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 11:36:47 AM »
Again, I am talking about an online poll that anyone can particpate in, not a poll of 400 handpicked Iowa conservatives endorsed by fox news.  Hence the Subject line, "TIME magazine GOP bracket"       
Live free or die

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 11:41:03 AM »
Again, I am talking about an online poll that anyone can particpate in, not a poll of 400 handpicked Iowa conservatives endorsed by fox news.  Hence the Subject line, "TIME magazine GOP bracket"       

So now it's not a "Fox News poll" with "cooked numbers against Ron Paul," it's 400 handpicked Iowa conservatives endorsed by Fox News?  lol . . . .  On what basis do you conclude "Fox News" endorsed these 400 handpicked Iowa conservatives? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 12:13:48 PM »
The Real Clear Politics average for Ron Paul is 6.8 percent.  http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html#polls

Fox News must be handpicking a lot of voters. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 12:24:07 PM »
Your average person isn't interested in the issues. 

They're interested in showmanship, and image which aren't Ron Paul's strong suit...

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 12:25:43 PM »
Your average person isn't interested in the issues. 

They're interested in showmanship, and image which aren't Ron Paul's strong suit...

Which may actually be a good thing, because the President is really just a figure head.  If Ron Paul was elected and tried to start doing things his way he wouldn't last long. :-\

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 02:17:40 PM »
The Real Clear Politics average for Ron Paul is 6.8 percent.  http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html#polls

Fox News must be handpicking a lot of voters. 

It's like trying to reason with a wall.  Hell, just last year or so his fanatics were claiming that Time polls were biased against him.  Now, they're suddenly legit?

And heaven help the media outlet that doesn't post him as number one - even when it's a mistake.

Same old excuses too:

Media bias, everybody but RP and his followers are stupid, Bilderburgs, Illuminati, the rooster didn't crow...  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 02:31:43 PM »

It's like trying to reason with a wall.  Hell, just last year or so his fanatics were claiming that Time polls were biased against him.  Now, they're suddenly legit?

And heaven help the media outlet that doesn't post him as number one - even when it's a mistake.

Same old excuses too:

Media bias, everybody but RP and his followers are stupid, Bilderburgs, Illuminati, the rooster didn't crow...  ::)

Tell me about it.