Author Topic: " For the love of money is the root of all evil"...........  (Read 4049 times)

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
yet.............The vatican has 5 billion dollars??? The land itself that the vatican sits on is worth 1.5 billion......TOTAL it has 5 billion-Contradiction. I didnt know it costs that much money too simply believe in " a higher power". What are they trying to do?? BUY thier way into heaven??? When jesus was alive and walking this earth....did he walk around with his hand held out saying " give me money???" NO.

Again....." For the love of money is the root of all evil " yet..........on every bill it says " In GOD we trust" ????? Another Contradiction.

Catholicism/christianity have been extremely corrupted/twisted by man. All about power/money/control. " He who has the gold....makes the rules".

My religion- Coexist in peace/give others a helping hand when needed. Overall people need to take care of themselves. I have mental illness' and i " wipe my own ass"/take care of my self.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: " For the love of money is the root of all evil"...........
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 12:02:01 PM »
yet.............The vatican has 5 billion dollars??? The land itself that the vatican sits on is worth 1.5 billion......TOTAL it has 5 billion-Contradiction. I didnt know it costs that much money too simply believe in " a higher power". What are they trying to do?? BUY thier way into heaven??? When jesus was alive and walking this earth....did he walk around with his hand held out saying " give me money???" NO.

Again....." For the love of money is the root of all evil " yet..........on every bill it says " In GOD we trust" ????? Another Contradiction.

Catholicism/christianity have been extremely corrupted/twisted by man. All about power/money/control. " He who has the gold....makes the rules".

My religion- Coexist in peace/give others a helping hand when needed. Overall people need to take care of themselves. I have mental illness' and i " wipe my own ass"/take care of my self.

You do realize that you can have money without actually loving it.

Plus, Jesus' commission to His disciples were to heal the sick, feed the hungry, clothe the naked, etc. Guess what it takes to do that.....MONEY!!!!

You can't clothe and feed others if you can't clothe and feed yourself.

BTW, Judas was Jesus' treasurer.

John 12:6 Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

John 13:29

For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, Buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 12:07:06 PM »

Plus, Jesus' commission to His disciples were to heal the sick, feed the hungry, clothe the naked, etc. Guess what it takes to do that.....MONEY!!!!

You can't clothe and feed others if you can't clothe and feed yourself.

John 12:6 Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, Buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.

While there are those who indeed abuse that, which was designated for God's work, you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Look at private schools in America, 80% of which are religious.

Humanitarian missions (food banks, homeless shelters, drug & alcohol rehabs, battered women's shelters, disaster relief) are primarily religious-based.

Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Pathfinders.........you guessed it, run by religious organizations.

Hospitals, medical centers, orphanages: More of them are run by churches.

YMCA, YWCA....Guess what the "C" stands for!!!

And, that's just the short list.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 12:10:23 AM »
  Having money isn't a sin; making the pursuit of money your main priority is.

And please don't lump the apostate Cat-Lick church in with the rest of us.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 08:44:52 AM »
  Having money isn't a sin; making the pursuit of money your main priority is.

And please don't lump the apostate Cat-Lick church in with the rest of us.
So working is a sin? Working is the PURSUIT OF MONEY. We pursue money soo that we can have the NECESSITIES of LIFE, Food,clothes, money to pay for a roof over our heads, bills, etc.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 09:00:55 AM »

Plus, Jesus' commission to His disciples were to heal the sick, feed the hungry, clothe the naked, etc. Guess what it takes to do that.....MONEY!!!!You can't clothe and feed others if you can't clothe and feed yourself.

Your absolutely right. It does take money too feed the sick,clothe the naked, etc. Iam NOT againest that. BUT, it takes 5 billion dollars to do so?? Yes, there are alot of sick,homeless people, etc......BUT i think you and I both know that alot of that money Doesnt go to where its suppose too. Its like The Godfather part 3. When Michael Corleone give 100 million to the church of sicily and says too the priest " Lets just hope the money gos too where it needs to be".

Purge_WTF

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 08:03:52 PM »
So working is a sin? Working is the PURSUIT OF MONEY. We pursue money soo that we can have the NECESSITIES of LIFE, Food,clothes, money to pay for a roof over our heads, bills, etc.

I think you know what I meant--making an idol out of money.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 04:45:07 AM »
Your absolutely right. It does take money too feed the sick,clothe the naked, etc. Iam NOT againest that. BUT, it takes 5 billion dollars to do so?? Yes, there are alot of sick,homeless people, etc......BUT i think you and I both know that alot of that money Doesnt go to where its suppose too. Its like The Godfather part 3. When Michael Corleone give 100 million to the church of sicily and says too the priest " Lets just hope the money gos too where it needs to be".

As stated earlier,

While there are those who indeed abuse that, which was designated for God's work, you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Look at private schools in America, 80% of which are religious.

Humanitarian missions (food banks, homeless shelters, drug & alcohol rehabs, battered women's shelters, disaster relief) are primarily religious-based.

Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Pathfinders.........you guessed it, run by religious organizations.

Hospitals, medical centers, orphanages: More of them are run by churches.

YMCA, YWCA....Guess what the "C" stands for!!!

I think you know what I meant--making an idol out of money.

EXACTLY!!

When you ignore your family or when you're willing to do dirt to get cash, your money owns you; you don't own it.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 11:47:58 AM »

Wealth can be a blessing from God.  There is nothing wrong with money in and of itself.  If the Vatican had 5 million would that be more acceptable?  It's the corruptible nature of man that takes that blessing and perverts it.  Aspiring for nothing but wealth and losing site of God's purposes leads to sin.  Many folks hang crosses and other religious ornaments in their homes.  They pray to them and sometimes worship these objects and lose site of Christ in the process.  Money can also become an idol of sorts.  Dedicating you life to amassing wealth for the sake wealth is a dangerous play.  Men and women amass great wealth and often think, "what do I need God for?  Look at what I have."   It's becomes one of those "It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of needle than it is rich man to enter the gates of heaven" type situation.  I'm not a member of the Catholic church, but I'm not going to claim sinful contradiction because their financial statements reflect favorability.  I am curious as to why the church gives considerably more of their resources for charitable functions than atheist/agnostic organizations?  That's an altogether different topic though.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 05:25:36 AM »
Wealth can be a blessing from God.  There is nothing wrong with money in and of itself.  If the Vatican had 5 million would that be more acceptable?  It's the corruptible nature of man that takes that blessing and perverts it.  Aspiring for nothing but wealth and losing site of God's purposes leads to sin.  Many folks hang crosses and other religious ornaments in their homes.  They pray to them and sometimes worship these objects and lose site of Christ in the process.  Money can also become an idol of sorts.  Dedicating you life to amassing wealth for the sake wealth is a dangerous play.  Men and women amass great wealth and often think, "what do I need God for?  Look at what I have."   It's becomes one of those "It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of needle than it is rich man to enter the gates of heaven" type situation.  I'm not a member of the Catholic church, but I'm not going to claim sinful contradiction because their financial statements reflect favorability.  I am curious as to why the church gives considerably more of their resources for charitable functions than atheist/agnostic organizations?  That's an altogether different topic though.

Indeed!! I've yet to see atheists giving out food baskets on Thanksgiving, walking old ladies across the street, or giving toys to kids on a certain holiday that drives them nuts.

When is the last time you saw a humanist homeless or battered women's shelter?

How many non-believers hit up the nursing homes to sing and give comfort to the elderly?

probound2

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 07:44:06 PM »

This reminds me of a couple bible examples of when God's people fell victim to this very dilemma!

Joshua 7:11,21

(11) Israel hath sinned; yea, they have even transgressed my covenant which I commanded them: yea, they have even taken of the devoted thing, and have also stolen, and dissembled also; and they have even put it among their own stuff. (21) when I saw among the spoil a goodly Babylonish mantle, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them, and took them; and, behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent, and the silver under it."
(ASV)

2 Kings 5:20, 25-27

"(20) Gehazi, the servant of Elisha the man of God, said to himself, 'My master was too easy on Naaman, this Aramean, by not accepting from him what he brought. As surely as the LORD lives, I will run after him and get something from him.' (25) Then he went in and stood before his master Elisha. 'Where have you been, Gehazi'? Elisha asked. 'Your servant didn't go anywhere,' Gehazi answered. (26) But Elisha said to him, 'Was not my spirit with you when the man got down from his chariot to meet you? Is this the time to take money, or to accept clothes, olive groves, vineyards, flocks, herds, or menservants and  maidservants? (27) Naaman’s leprosy will cling to you and to your descendants forever.' Then Gehazi went from Elisha’s presence and he was leprous, as white as snow."
(NIV)

Didn't work to well for some of the Israelites or Gehazi.

I like what Paul exhorted to Timothy at:

1 Timothy 6:6;9-11

(6)"But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment. (9) But those who would be rich fall into temptation and a snare and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. (10) For the love of money is the root of all evil; and while some have coveted after it, they have erred from the faith and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (11) But thou, O man of God, flee these things and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness."
(NASB),(KJ21)

Seems like if one follows what Paul is saying here in 1 Tim., then it will go well for that one.