Author Topic: Pullovers  (Read 9885 times)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Re: Pullovers
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2011, 02:48:42 AM »
I swear by heavy dumbell pullovers for lats...in fact awesome total upperbody exercise.

Bent-Arms with deep breath,get a good stretch in the lats,exhale while pulling to just over the face/chest area, and repeat.

I do them every week,at times as heavy as 5 reps and at others up to 20 reps.........standard is 8-12 for me pyramiding up in weight as I decrease reps.

Yup! Been a back mainstay of mine since I was 15 or so. I have a damn good back and this exercise has always been one of my favorites. I use them to pre-exaust lats. The machine can be more effective but few gyms have them. In the bay area for example only the Golds in Mountain View has one. Otherwise, I stick with dumbells.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2011, 10:16:36 AM »
Who rates pullovers as a lat exercise? I mean lying normal on a bench not across it and with bent arms and an EZ Bar. Who here does them straight Arm with a Barbell or a Dumbbell?  What do you find is the best variation for Lats?
i do not care for db pullovers....but i do like machine pullovers.....seems to hit the lats nicely.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 08:35:12 AM »
I did pullovers today superset with bench press and it really was a great feeling ;)