Author Topic: Is a calorie................  (Read 8467 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Is a calorie................
« on: June 28, 2011, 08:41:14 AM »
just a calorie?  :D :D There was a nutritional expert on the radio who said that a calorie in a doughnut is different than a calorie found in  chicken. He stated that the body processes a calorie from a doughnut different than a calorie from a piece of chicken.

Truth?
X

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
Re: Is a calorie................
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 08:42:48 AM »
Yes. And no. HTH.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 08:48:39 AM »
Yes. And no. HTH.

Where is the coach and tbombz when you need them  :D :D
X

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 08:51:40 AM »
Calories are Calories but Macronutrients are not Macronutrients.  It does not matter what you eat as long as you don`t overeat as you will get your complete nutrition by default if you are bodybuilding naturally.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 08:55:55 AM »
Yes, a calorie is a calorie. Like a gram is a gram.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 08:56:45 AM »
Yes, a calorie is a calorie. Like a gram is a gram.

:o :o :o :o
X

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 08:57:02 AM »
Calories are Calories but Macronutrients are not Macronutrients.  It does not matter what you eat as long as you don`t overeat as you will get your complete nutrition by default if you are bodybuilding naturally.

x2.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 08:59:48 AM »
:o :o :o :o

But other than that, what TA said. All the hype about exact macro ratios is complete BS. As long as you watch your protein a little bit and eat a normal diet, it's practically impossible not to get enough of all nutrients for optimal body composition. Training is much more important.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 09:25:05 AM »
just a calorie?  :D :D There was a nutritional expert on the radio who said that a calorie in a doughnut is different than a calorie found in  chicken. He stated that the body processes a calorie from a doughnut different than a calorie from a piece of chicken.

Truth?

He is correct.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 09:28:15 AM »

Contest prep - Try taking the same amount of calories in donuts as you would in chicken then come back with your answer and see what your body composition looks like.. You have 8 weeks.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 09:30:10 AM »
Contest prep - Try taking the same amount of calories in donuts as you would in chicken then come back with your answer and see what your body composition looks like.
One would look like Coach, and the other, Alice23.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 09:31:00 AM »
Contest prep - Try taking the same amount of calories in donuts as you would in chicken then come back with your answer and see what your body composition looks like.. You have 8 weeks.

BINGO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 09:31:09 AM »
A calorie is a calorie however nutrition wise you arent gonna much from a doughnut. As far weight gain/loss its all math take in more than you need you less you lose.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 09:33:19 AM »

I think you didn't understand what he meant. Plus, you're taking it to the extreme with your example.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 09:35:14 AM »
A calorie is a calorie however nutrition wise you arent gonna much from a doughnut. As far weight gain/loss its all math take in more than you need you less you lose.
Right now I`m shredded...............I think I`ll surpass my best conditioning yet.

If I was eating like shit but only ate 1000 cals a day,I`d lose weight for sure, as long as I was active,but I doubt if I would like a fraction of the way I look right now.

As a matter of FACT,I would look skinny fat as opposed to lean and muscular.

HERE WE GO AGAIN !!!!!   LOL  ;D

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 09:35:32 AM »
all calories are NOT created equal

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 09:35:33 AM »

Why would anyone just eat doughnuts all day and nothing else?  You do realize that you would have to FORCE yourself to do this (for what reason, I have no idea).

EKnight

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 09:35:48 AM »
Maybe regarding contest prep, but for the other 99% of people, a calorie is a calorie. Consider the twinkie diet guy: Mark Haub, a professor of human nutrition at Kansas State University, ate one of these sugary cakelets every three hours, instead of meals. To add variety in his steady stream of Hostess and Little Debbie snacks, Haub munched on Doritos chips, sugary cereals and Oreos, too. He shed 27 pounds in two months. His body mass index went from 28.8, considered overweight, to 24.9, which is normal. He now weighs 174 pounds. Haub's "bad" cholesterol, or LDL, dropped 20 percent and his "good" cholesterol, or HDL, increased by 20 percent. He reduced the level of triglycerides, which are a form of fat, by 39 percent.

Or the potatoe diet guy: Chris Voigt,the head of the Washington State Potato Commission lost 21 pounds in two months eating nothing but potatoes every day all day. What impact did the diet have on Voigt's health? He said his weight dropped from 197 pounds to 176 pounds and his cholesterol level fell 67 points. His doctor was shocked, Voigt said.

-EK

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 09:37:58 AM »
Maybe regarding contest prep, but for the other 99% of people, a calorie is a calorie. Consider the twinkie diet guy: Mark Haub, a professor of human nutrition at Kansas State University, ate one of these sugary cakelets every three hours, instead of meals. To add variety in his steady stream of Hostess and Little Debbie snacks, Haub munched on Doritos chips, sugary cereals and Oreos, too. He shed 27 pounds in two months. His body mass index went from 28.8, considered overweight, to 24.9, which is normal. He now weighs 174 pounds. Haub's "bad" cholesterol, or LDL, dropped 20 percent and his "good" cholesterol, or HDL, increased by 20 percent. He reduced the level of triglycerides, which are a form of fat, by 39 percent.

Or the potatoe diet guy: Chris Voigt,the head of the Washington State Potato Commission lost 21 pounds in two months eating nothing but potatoes every day all day. What impact did the diet have on Voigt's health? He said his weight dropped from 197 pounds to 176 pounds and his cholesterol level fell 67 points. His doctor was shocked, Voigt said.

-EK

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20024131-10391704.html#ixzz1QaazRhVY
I spoke with Mark Haub a bit via email and sent him some pictures and my eating patterns so he can use them for his research and his students. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 09:38:19 AM »
I think you didn't understand what he meant. Plus, you're taking it to the extreme with your example.

Even if I were not talking bodybuilding, macros are important. Anyone can lose weight being calorie deficit but body composition in ANYONE is important. You also have to take into consideration body types as well as health and genetic predisposition. It's never black and white as TA and wavelength claim.  

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 09:39:50 AM »
Even if I were not talking bodybuilding, macros are important. Anyone can lose weight being calorie deficit but body composition in ANYONE is important. You also have to take into consideration body types as well as health and genetic predisposition. It's never black and white as TA and wavelength claim.  

Damn, you sound like one of them liberals you hate so much.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 09:40:50 AM »
What are you bantering on about?  If you eat like a normal human being and not overeat, by default, you will get adequate nutrition.  You can then combine this with your weight training and you will look exactly the same as you would had you been beating yourself into the ground with dogmatic bro-science bodybuilding eating principles.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 09:40:54 AM »
Why would anyone just eat doughnuts all day and nothing else?  You do realize that you would have to FORCE yourself to do this (for what reason, I have no idea).

Even if you were taking the right amount of protein and ate shit the rest of the day even if you kept within your calorie range the result would be........shit. The right foods mean EVERYTHING.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2011, 09:42:13 AM »
Even if you were taking the right amount of protein and ate shit the rest of the day even if you kept within your calorie range the result would be........shit. The right foods mean EVERYTHING.

Why would anyone eat feces?  ???

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2011, 09:44:09 AM »
Why would anyone eat feces?  ???

If I'm pwning you again in these types of theads then just bail out, you're arguement is weak which is why you come back with juvenile answers such as this.