Author Topic: Christian Nation  (Read 18432 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: Christian Nation
« Reply #175 on: July 08, 2011, 05:35:22 AM »
Ummmm, didn't God give them 120 years or so to repent, before the Flood hit?

When did "turning the other cheek" translate into letting sin go perpetually unpunished?

"Ordering the death is the opposite of love"? I beg to differ, unless you count love as letting people oppress and brutalize Israel for centuries on end (ala the Amalekites) without consequence.

Oh so everyone deserved to die? its logical that many "sinned" in a manner that is so mundane it wouldnt even be required by law to fine them, yet he decided to kill them all? If you feel that is moral then you are a horrendous person, i cant put it any other way to be honest. Children who were 2 had no idea about 120 years to repent, nor wtf they had to repent for, yet they died, please, take your hate speech somewhere else.

turning the other cheek means exactly what i stated, you cant ask people to turn the other cheek if slapped when you have god killing people for mundane sins.

god could have easily stopped the oppression and brutalization. Also, your skewed view that children should pay for the sins of their parents is incredibly arcane. There was no reason to kill amlekite children just as much as there is to kill osama bin ladens children.

religion has your mind warped to the point of justifying genocide and child murder.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #176 on: July 08, 2011, 06:07:44 AM »
Oh so everyone deserved to die? its logical that many "sinned" in a manner that is so mundane it wouldnt even be required by law to fine them, yet he decided to kill them all? If you feel that is moral then you are a horrendous person, i cant put it any other way to be honest. Children who were 2 had no idea about 120 years to repent, nor wtf they had to repent for, yet they died, please, take your hate speech somewhere else.

turning the other cheek means exactly what i stated, you cant ask people to turn the other cheek if slapped when you have god killing people for mundane sins.

god could have easily stopped the oppression and brutalization. Also, your skewed view that children should pay for the sins of their parents is incredibly arcane. There was no reason to kill amlekite children just as much as there is to kill osama bin ladens children.

religion has your mind warped to the point of justifying genocide and child murder.

The Amalekites had hundreds of years to repent and they did not.  Generation after generation of children grew to adults who were fully accountable for their actions and feel prey to the depravity of the generations before them.  God stepped in and said enough.  And yes the unaccountable 2 year olds lives were ended, but what about the fate of their souls?  Their parents choose to rebel and defy God at every point in their lives.  God is a god of second, third, fourth, fifth.....chances, but after generations lived and died and refused God's grace they chose to then spend an eternity without him.   The 2 year olds you speak of can't make that choice and aren't accountable for their actions, but like generations before them they would've done exactly what their parents and their parent's parent and their parent's parent's parents did......separate themselves from God.   God recognized the hopelessness in these people and the idolotrous, depravity they repeatedly chose.  That said, he ended their unrepentant ways.  The Amalakite children of that last generation, the unaccountable 2 year olds, God showed them mercy and grace because upon their deaths they entered paradise while those before them (accountable adults) remain separate from God (as they chose to be) for all eternity.  If you don't believe all you see is death, if you do believe you see mercy, grace and love.    

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2011, 06:08:53 AM »

Apparently, you need to bone up on your ancient history. Why do you think the Amalekites kept assaulting Israel for three centuries?

Answer: Those kiddies grew up and picked up where their parents left off. They weren't exactly Boy Scouts. Israel turned the other cheek for over 300 YEARS!! But, when you have an enemy, hell-bent on wiping you out, there is no compromise. Either you destroy them, or they destroy you.

Speaking of Bin Laden (notwithstanding that most of his children are grown), many of these tikes in the Middle East are taught to hate Jews, virtually fresh out of the womb. Heck, they have kids' shows (equivalent to Sesame Street and Barney, here in the US) in which puppets and Big-Bird-style animal characters sing songs to kids, about how the blood of Jews should flow in the streets and how blessed a day it will as they get killed.

But, of course, Israel's supposed to just lay back and take it, because poor ol' Necrosis is going to get his feelings hurt, should God pass judgment on their oppressors. And, we can't have that, now can we?  ::)

NEWS FLASH!!! Children pay for the mistakes/sins of their parents. That's as true today as it was back then. When Japan hit us at Pearl Harbor, we hit back. And when the A-bomb got dropped, there was no segregation between the adults and the kids.

The point, of course, is simple. Sometimes in life, when you screw up, YOU AREN'T THE ONLY ONE THAT PAYS THE PRICE FOR IT.

If you're a father and you commit certain crimes, your whole family may suffer for it.

If you're a crooked businessman, all your employees may end up out of work, because of your nefarious actions.

And, if you're a king, your foolish decisions can bring death on your subjects.

The more authority you have, the more your behavior and actions can bless or curse those under you, pure and simple.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: July 08, 2011, 07:34:04 AM »
Apparently, you need to bone up on your ancient history. Why do you think the Amalekites kept assaulting Israel for three centuries?

Answer: Those kiddies grew up and picked up where their parents left off. They weren't exactly Boy Scouts. Israel turned the other cheek for over 300 YEARS!! But, when you have an enemy, hell-bent on wiping you out, there is no compromise. Either you destroy them, or they destroy you.

Speaking of Bin Laden (notwithstanding that most of his children are grown), many of these tikes in the Middle East are taught to hate Jews, virtually fresh out of the womb. Heck, they have kids' shows (equivalent to Sesame Street and Barney, here in the US) in which puppets and Big-Bird-style animal characters sing songs to kids, about how the blood of Jews should flow in the streets and how blessed a day it will as they get killed.

But, of course, Israel's supposed to just lay back and take it, because poor ol' Necrosis is going to get his feelings hurt, should God pass judgment on their oppressors. And, we can't have that, now can we?  ::)

NEWS FLASH!!! Children pay for the mistakes/sins of their parents. That's as true today as it was back then. When Japan hit us at Pearl Harbor, we hit back. And when the A-bomb got dropped, there was no segregation between the adults and the kids.

The point, of course, is simple. Sometimes in life, when you screw up, YOU AREN'T THE ONLY ONE THAT PAYS THE PRICE FOR IT.

If you're a father and you commit certain crimes, your whole family may suffer for it.

If you're a crooked businessman, all your employees may end up out of work, because of your nefarious actions.

And, if you're a king, your foolish decisions can bring death on your subjects.

The more authority you have, the more your behavior and actions can bless or curse those under you, pure and simple.

you dont kill innocent children, if you killed the parents you would raise the kids to have morals. Kids dont inherit disdain for other races, assumptions etc of their parents. Killing children is never right because you think they might commit crimes later on, so much for innocent before proven guilty, you would rather give them the verdict of death then the benefit of the doubt.

The pearl harbor comment is ridiculous, we didnt intend to kill the children as god ordered. I disagree with the usage of nuclear weapons it was wrong as was killing the kids in the bible. Two wrongs dont make a right, if you are using other incidinces of genocide to infanticide to prove your point you will fail. I would assume the world agrees with me since there have been no other nuclear attacks to date with numerous opportunities to use them.

kids dont inherit sin, just like osamas kids are not guilty of destroying the towers, how you can make that logical jump is beyond me.

I have no problem with defending and attacking tyrants, however, its not black and white like you would like me to believe. I agree if a peaceful resolution could not be met, violence may be needed, i dont see how mass genocide is necessary.  When we fight wars now and win we dont go and kill all that are left of the enemy, we dont slay the children it's immoral. The fact that god created the two factions, set the actions in motion, then ordered the death of one of his creations is also immoral. You also make the assumption that all kids will grow up and do as they were told as kids, that indoctrination works everytime, this is just not true.

How can't you see this? how many more examples do you need? You just keep changing the subject.

Answer the question.

what of the babies who died in the flood? were they given ample time to repent? what about those whose only sins were adultery? did they deserve to die as well?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: July 08, 2011, 08:31:26 AM »
you dont kill innocent children, if you killed the parents you would raise the kids to have morals. Kids dont inherit disdain for other races, assumptions etc of their parents. Killing children is never right because you think they might commit crimes later on, so much for innocent before proven guilty, you would rather give them the verdict of death then the benefit of the doubt.

The pearl harbor comment is ridiculous, we didnt intend to kill the children as god ordered. I disagree with the usage of nuclear weapons it was wrong as was killing the kids in the bible. Two wrongs dont make a right, if you are using other incidinces of genocide to infanticide to prove your point you will fail. I would assume the world agrees with me since there have been no other nuclear attacks to date with numerous opportunities to use them.

kids dont inherit sin, just like osamas kids are not guilty of destroying the towers, how you can make that logical jump is beyond me.

I have no problem with defending and attacking tyrants, however, its not black and white like you would like me to believe. I agree if a peaceful resolution could not be met, violence may be needed, i dont see how mass genocide is necessary.  When we fight wars now and win we dont go and kill all that are left of the enemy, we dont slay the children it's immoral. The fact that god created the two factions, set the actions in motion, then ordered the death of one of his creations is also immoral. You also make the assumption that all kids will grow up and do as they were told as kids, that indoctrination works everytime, this is just not true.

How can't you see this? how many more examples do you need? You just keep changing the subject.

Answer the question.

what of the babies who died in the flood? were they given ample time to repent? what about those whose only sins were adultery? did they deserve to die as well?

The babies and other unaccountables have no reason to repent and were taken to God's eternal kingdom upon their death.....another aspect of love and mercy.

Man places no penalty on adultery because man loves adulterous behavior.  God doesn't see it that way.....adultery is sin and the wages of sin is death.  The picture outlined in scripture is that the world (prior to the flood) was corrupted by violence and steeped in sin.  Not part of the world, the whole world.  Only Noah and his family were deemed righteous and worthy to continue on.   

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: July 08, 2011, 08:37:03 AM »
The babies and other unaccountables have no reason to repent and were taken to God's eternal kingdom upon their death.....another aspect of love and mercy.

Man places no penalty on adultery because man loves adulterous behavior.  God doesn't see it that way.....adultery is sin and the wages of sin is death.  The picture outlined in scripture is that the world (prior to the flood) was corrupted by violence and steeped in sin.  Not part of the world, the whole world.  Only Noah and his family were deemed righteous and worthy to continue on.   

give me a break, death for adultery? some form of forgiveness there.

Do the children not have to accept christ as there lord and saviour?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: July 08, 2011, 08:45:32 AM »
give me a break, death for adultery? some form of forgiveness there.

Do the children not have to accept christ as there lord and saviour?

Death for sin.  Life is but a vapor my friend.  It ends not with the close of human existance on earth.  Forgiveness is available to all though Christ.  Our lives today are but preparation for eternity.  We know how truly serious God treats sin and we must respond and act accordingly.  Still, he gives us the choice to life however and determine how we will spend eternity.

If children are not accountable for the difference between right and wrong, they can't be held accountable for a making a choice for salvation.  None are more precious to God than the children and unaccountable children aren't banished to an eternity without God because they weren't saved like their accountable elders.

Luke 17:2

"It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble. "

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #182 on: July 08, 2011, 09:05:58 AM »

Answer the question.

I answered your question. Their parents are responsible for them. And, when adults commit certain sins, their families may suffer the consequences for their actions.

I've used this analogy in the past. If you do something stupid to lose your job and you can't pay your rent/mortgage, you AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY will be out on the street. Your landlord/the bank isn't going to just evict you and leave your wife and kids there. ALL OF YOU got to go.

Look at the corruption at Enron. Was their CEO the only one to get whacked? NO!! Thousands of employees lost their jobs, pensions, and savings. The crooked action of the boss adversely affected the workers.

Again, that's what so terrible about sin and sinful behavior. Sometimes, the transgressor ain't the only one that suffered. And as Man of Steel mentioned, per the second Commandment, just as God blesses from generation to generation, He also PUNISHES from generation to generation.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #183 on: July 08, 2011, 09:09:51 AM »
why do i hear fundies and repubs continue to say that america was founded on christianity, that this is a christian nation? do they not know the constitution or are they willingly lying and ignorant?

I would it rather be a nation founded on Christian and religious principles than aethist, marxist, souless, techocratic crap. 

I am not religious, but I much rather live in a nabe of social cons vs commie libs   

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #184 on: July 08, 2011, 09:10:52 AM »
I answered your question. Their parents are responsible for them. And, when adults commit certain sins, their families may suffer the consequences for their actions.

I've used this analogy in the past. If you do something stupid to lose your job and you can't pay your rent/mortgage, you AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY will be out on the street. Your landlord/the bank isn't going to just evict you and leave your wife and kids there. ALL OF YOU got to go.

Look at the corruption at Enron. Was their CEO the only one to get whacked? NO!! Thousands of employees lost their jobs, pensions, and savings. The crooked action of the boss adversely affected the workers.

Again, that's what so terrible about sin and sinful behavior. Sometimes, the transgressor ain't the only one that suffered. And as Man of Steel mentioned, per the second Commandment, just as God blesses from generation to generation, He also PUNISHES from generation to generation.

Just because something is a certain way in reality, doesnt mean it should be that way.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: July 08, 2011, 11:05:21 AM »

your analogy is flawed because those actions are extensions on family. If you killed the father the consequence that trickles down is the child not having a father, that is the repercussion not murder the child as well. Its two disparaging acts where as the your analogy is one action.

you condone the murder of children i don't

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #186 on: July 08, 2011, 11:29:06 AM »
your analogy is flawed because those actions are extensions on family. If you killed the father the consequence that trickles down is the child not having a father, that is the repercussion not murder the child as well. Its two disparaging acts where as the your analogy is one action.

you condone the murder of children i don't

I recognize that such happens in war and in judgment against evil people.

The analogy isn't flawed. The point remains the same. There are consequences for wicked behavior that are NOT JUST METED on the transgressor.

In the analogy about your house, you did something wrong, which had a FINANCIAL consequence. That consequence fell on you and your entire family.

Same goes for the Enron examply, only a much larger scale: A financial punishment, felt by employees and the employer.

In the most extreme cases of war and/or judgment on sinful people, the ultimate consequence is DEATH. That is not limited to the perpretrators of those evil deeds.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: July 08, 2011, 12:33:17 PM »
I recognize that such happens in war and in judgment against evil people.

The analogy isn't flawed. The point remains the same. There are consequences for wicked behavior that are NOT JUST METED on the transgressor.

In the analogy about your house, you did something wrong, which had a FINANCIAL consequence. That consequence fell on you and your entire family.

Same goes for the Enron examply, only a much larger scale: A financial punishment, felt by employees and the employer.

In the most extreme cases of war and/or judgment on sinful people, the ultimate consequence is DEATH. That is not limited to the perpretrators of those evil deeds.

no the murder analogy would be akin to the father losing his job then going and starving his kid. Killing the parents would committed the crime much like firing the father would have consequences related to the initial action on the child. Thus in the biblical example the child would be fatherless from the action of killing the parents/father, just like the kid would have less money,security because of the lost job. However, the above example goes further and has the kid killed, it is not a epiphenomenon  of the fathers murder like job loss is, thus the analogy is flawed. There is no reason to kill the kid. Again if the parents evslaved isareal etc it would be akin to the father performing poor at work and being fired it was his action not the childs, they went out of the way to kill the kids, they are punishing the kids for there parents mistakes, where as the boss who gets fired has no intention on hurting that persons kids.

i cant explain it two hundred different ways. You have two distinct actions in one case and only one in the other.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: July 08, 2011, 12:52:01 PM »
no the murder analogy would be akin to the father losing his job then going and starving his kid. Killing the parents would committed the crime much like firing the father would have consequences related to the initial action on the child. Thus in the biblical example the child would be fatherless from the action of killing the parents/father, just like the kid would have less money,security because of the lost job. However, the above example goes further and has the kid killed, it is not a epiphenomenon  of the fathers murder like job loss is, thus the analogy is flawed. There is no reason to kill the kid. Again if the parents evslaved isareal etc it would be akin to the father performing poor at work and being fired it was his action not the childs, they went out of the way to kill the kids, they are punishing the kids for there parents mistakes, where as the boss who gets fired has no intention on hurting that persons kids.

i cant explain it two hundred different ways. You have two distinct actions in one case and only one in the other.

Once again, you're confusing the two scenarios. One, involves financial punishment; the other involves capital punishment (death).

The point you keep missing is that in BOTH scenarios, the adverse effects ARE NOT JUST LIMITED to the transgressor.

Dad loses his job by doing something dumb; he is financially impacted; so is his wife and his kids (not just him).

Enron CEO involved himself in corruption; he goes down; his employees (from the managers to the janitors) lose their jobs, too.

And, in the extreme case of warfare, you have women and children dying for the misgivings of their male leaders and kings. It happens across the board.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: July 08, 2011, 01:18:00 PM »

Once again, you're confusing the two scenarios. One, involves financial punishment; the other involves capital punishment (death).

The point you keep missing is that in BOTH scenarios, the adverse effects ARE NOT JUST LIMITED to the transgressor.

Dad loses his job by doing something dumb; he is financially impacted; so is his wife and his kids (not just him).

Enron CEO involved himself in corruption; he goes down; his employees (from the managers to the janitors) lose their jobs, too.

And, in the extreme case of warfare, you have women and children dying for the misgivings of their male leaders and kings. It happens across the board.

read my post again, i clearly stated several times in a couple posts about the adverse effects of the dads job loss on the kid. I can't even respond to your post because you are ignoring my points and bringing up the same refuted argument over and over.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #190 on: July 09, 2011, 10:44:45 PM »
read my post again, i clearly stated several times in a couple posts about the adverse effects of the dads job loss on the kid. I can't even respond to your post because you are ignoring my points and bringing up the same refuted argument over and over.

WRONG!! You keep confusing the issue.

As I said from the start, when adults commit certain sins, their families may suffer the consequences for their actions.

That DOES NOT TRANSLATE into the same consequence for different actions, ONLY that the consequence for a particular actions go beyond the guilty party.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: July 10, 2011, 06:44:28 AM »
WRONG!! You keep confusing the issue.

As I said from the start, when adults commit certain sins, their families may suffer the consequences for their actions.

That DOES NOT TRANSLATE into the same consequence for different actions, ONLY that the consequence for a particular actions go beyond the guilty party.

you're right everything including infanticide is black and white. ::)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: July 11, 2011, 08:07:54 AM »
you're right everything including infanticide is black and white. ::)

I'm sometimes a bit dense and often times ignorant LOL, that said I'm not sure how you concluded that "everything including infanticide is black and white" from the statement "when adults commit certain sins, their families may suffer the consequences for their actions."  Are you equating "certain sins" with "infanticide"? 

Can you elaborate a bit? These discussions often include generalizations and exclude the all important context.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #193 on: July 11, 2011, 08:15:57 AM »
I'm sometimes a bit dense and often times ignorant LOL, that said I'm not sure how you concluded that "everything including infanticide is black and white" from the statement "when adults commit certain sins, their families may suffer the consequences for their actions."  Are you equating "certain sins" with "infanticide"? 

Can you elaborate a bit? These discussions often include generalizations and exclude the all important context.

He's referring to the Flood, the judgment of God on the Amalekites, and things of that nature. His outrage is because men, women, and children were destroyed in those instances.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: July 11, 2011, 08:24:22 AM »
He's referring to the Flood, the judgment of God on the Amalekites, and things of that nature. His outrage is because men, women, and children were destroyed in those instances.

Oh, here's my post from above:

The Amalekites had hundreds of years to repent and they did not.  Generation after generation of children grew to adults who were fully accountable for their actions and feel prey to the depravity of the generations before them.  God stepped in and said enough.  And yes the unaccountable 2 year olds lives were ended, but what about the fate of their souls?  Their parents choose to rebel and defy God at every point in their lives.  God is a god of second, third, fourth, fifth.....chances, but after generations lived and died and refused God's grace they chose to then spend an eternity without him.   The 2 year olds you speak of can't make that choice and aren't accountable for their actions, but like generations before them they would've done exactly what their parents and their parent's parent and their parent's parent's parents did......separate themselves from God.   God recognized the hopelessness in these people and the idolotrous, depravity they repeatedly chose.  That said, he ended their unrepentant ways.  The Amalakite children of that last generation, the unaccountable 2 year olds, God showed them mercy and grace because upon their deaths they entered paradise while those before them (accountable adults) remain separate from God (as they chose to be) for all eternity.  If you don't believe all you see is death, if you do believe you see mercy, grace and love.    

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: July 11, 2011, 09:34:36 AM »
I would it rather be a nation founded on Christian and religious principles than aethist, marxist, souless, techocratic crap. 

I am not religious, but I much rather live in a nabe of social cons vs commie libs   

So you enjoy being told you can't buy liquor on Sundays at a package store, or in a restuarant before noon. That marijuana is evil, women shouldn't have the right to an abortion, you can't drink legally until 21.... personally, i like more personal liberties than that     

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2011, 10:03:21 AM »
So you enjoy being told you can't buy liquor on Sundays at a package store, or in a restuarant before noon. That marijuana is evil, women shouldn't have the right to an abortion, you can't drink legally until 21.... personally, i like more personal liberties than that     

In reference to the marijuana being evil piece, we you aware that the number one smuggled drug between the US and Mexico is marijuana?  Despit marijuana being sold very cheaply the current side effects of use are a relaxed/mellow attitude, "the munchies" and the monthly death of approximately 1,000 mexicans caught up either directly or indirectly in the current drug war in Mexico?

Galations 5:19-24
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, heresies, 21 envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they which practise such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are of Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with the passions and the lusts thereof.

"Sorcery" in the Hebrew tranlsated in Greek as "pharmakeia" then translated into english:

1)the use or the administering of drugs
2)poisoning
3)sorcery, magical arts, often found in connection with idolatry and fostered by it

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2011, 11:32:35 AM »
In reference to the marijuana being evil piece, we you aware that the number one smuggled drug between the US and Mexico is marijuana?  Despit marijuana being sold very cheaply the current side effects of use are a relaxed/mellow attitude, "the munchies" and the monthly death of approximately 1,000 mexicans caught up either directly or indirectly in the current drug war in Mexico?

Taking your monthly death count at face value, I think your attempt at blaming marijuana for those deaths falls short of reality. I would posit that decriminalizing and controlling to some extent all drugs might lead to the end of those 1,000 deaths per month. As it is now, there is no reason to believe continueing what we are doing will reduce the numbers. 

Galations 5:19-24
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, heresies, 21 envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they which practise such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are of Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with the passions and the lusts thereof.

"Sorcery" in the Hebrew tranlsated in Greek as "pharmakeia" then translated into english:

1)the use or the administering of drugs
2)poisoning
3)sorcery, magical arts, often found in connection with idolatry and fostered by it

Not seeing your point with the last part..

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2011, 11:55:48 AM »

It's not my attempt, it's unfortunately what's happening.  This is just one source: http://www.theage.com.au/world/15000-die-in-drug-war-20110113-19prq.html

Sure you could decriminalize it and make it available at your local Walmart, but I'd rather not have my kids go to daycare and know the daycare teachers watching my children can freely get lit before their shift, during lunch or their breaks.  I'd rather not have a bus driver smokin a bowl during his break between routes.  I'd rather not have my doctor blazing a fatty before he takes out my appendix. 

The last part I include because others have said the bible includes nothing about drug use in it.   

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2011, 12:13:12 PM »
It's not my attempt, it's unfortunately what's happening.  This is just one source: http://www.theage.com.au/world/15000-die-in-drug-war-20110113-19prq.html

Sure you could decriminalize it and make it available at your local Walmart, but I'd rather not have my kids go to daycare and know the daycare teachers watching my children can freely get lit before their shift, during lunch or their breaks.  I'd rather not have a bus driver smokin a bowl during his break between routes.  I'd rather not have my doctor blazing a fatty before he takes out my appendix. 

The last part I include because others have said the bible includes nothing about drug use in it.   

I think the reality is, 1. Your teachers can do it now if they want to and 2. Even if decriminalized, there would be controls placed on it just as there are for alcohol now. You can't show up at your job drunk now can you? Criminalize the behavior, not the drug just like alchohol.