Author Topic: Getbig Guitar Heroes  (Read 15495 times)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: Getbig Guitar Heroes
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2011, 12:01:40 AM »

I have to, my back is fucked.

I've done my time. I agree with your earlier post. That's why I have a real job. Besides, most musicians are fucking pussies.

I like to fight, not bitch.

It is what it is. I do it for my own pleasure. I post on YT because I can. So they sponsor me. Wow. Makes me no money and I have no desire to teach.

I am a graduate of G.I.T Hollywood. Did my time teaching too. That's not what makes me happy.

I'm also a graphic artist and work for some pretty damn famous people, but I do it when I want, and that doesnt' pay the bills either.

Notice anything? All I am is a fucking copycat. No originality whatsoever. I don't have any of my own music.

Don't even care. Big deal.

I can go sit on Haight Street or Venice Beach and make bank. Ha.

No offense, but you should practice more

there was a lot of sloppy moments in the santana and dire straits covers

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2011, 01:50:58 AM »
No offense, but you should practice more

there was a lot of sloppy moments in the santana and dire straits covers

No offense to you bro, but the same could be said about that Sultans of swing vid.
It was way sloppy. I know its a different world playing clean like that, little gain, little sustain, finger picking, etc.. but it was sloppy. (Props for trying to pull it off the right way thoug)

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2011, 02:49:51 AM »
sloppy blowjob

Christian B

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2011, 03:29:10 AM »
Cool playing dyslexic!
I absolutely love shredding, but never really managed to get my hands in sync.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2011, 03:37:59 AM »
No offense to you bro, but the same could be said about that Sultans of swing vid.
It was way sloppy. I know its a different world playing clean like that, little gain, little sustain, finger picking, etc.. but it was sloppy. (Props for trying to pull it off the right way thoug)

Hey guys... I was trying to make a point. I taught music theory and guitar basics. I play every style. Look at the guitars. They are $90 Squiers. I probably make them sound better than most any Strat you can find.

Wanna know how many takes I did on any of my 100 videos? One! If I didn't get it right, fuck it, who cares.

Dire Straits. That is Mark Knopfler and finger style. I had NEVER even attempted that before. First take.

Like I said. Who cares? I don't get paid to do it and I don't claim to be an expert. Why would I practice it again? Shit, I've already forgotten it.

I started  getting more into video editing and making my own computers to handle the workload. "Bark at the Moon" -another first attempt at Adobe Elements 8 and a quick listen to the song.

You need to go criticize guys who are actually standing, performing, practicing and actually giving a shit.

Now, my little critics, show me your vids. K? Maybe you guys actually try hard n' shit?

w8m8

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2011, 04:34:15 AM »
no that's not dyslexic

but I swear dyslexic post a vid on the guitar though

I was wrong it is dyslexic I was thinking about .. I watched a lot of his tubes and recognized the tat

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=379466.msg5395827#msg5395827

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2011, 05:01:42 AM »
Hey guys... I was trying to make a point. I taught music theory and guitar basics. I play every style. Look at the guitars. They are $90 Squiers. I probably make them sound better than most any Strat you can find.

Wanna know how many takes I did on any of my 100 videos? One! If I didn't get it right, fuck it, who cares.

Dire Straits. That is Mark Knopfler and finger style. I had NEVER even attempted that before. First take.

Like I said. Who cares? I don't get paid to do it and I don't claim to be an expert. Why would I practice it again? Shit, I've already forgotten it.

I started  getting more into video editing and making my own computers to handle the workload. "Bark at the Moon" -another first attempt at Adobe Elements 8 and a quick listen to the song.

You need to go criticize guys who are actually standing, performing, practicing and actually giving a shit.

Now, my little critics, show me your vids. K? Maybe you guys actually try hard n' shit?

My bad, I thought for some reason that was one of capts EQ's vids, and that he had called you sloppy about your vids on page 1 and then posted that sultans vids.
Sorry. Lol.
Thats what I get for posting at 3:00 am when I get up to take a shit.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2011, 05:55:33 AM »
i'd criticize you if i paid money to see you and you blew assholes.  but since you're one of millions of videos on youtube playing for fun, who cares?

you wish you were this guy:

Deep Tissue Massage

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2011, 06:00:17 AM »
if youre just going to turn 30 and play local clubs, it's more about song vocaulary, personality, having a decent looks, being cool to club owners, playing soft enough, leading on girls and being cool with dudes, and being able to deliver solid backup harmony vocals.

if you're 16, by all means, chase that dream.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2011, 07:12:41 AM »
Only one problem i have with these so-called metal shredders, and that is they seem to hide behind their overdrive/distortion. Hammer-ons, pull offs, finger tapping, arpeggios etc... sound really good with the aid of a noise box. Tell them to play the same licks on an acoustic guitar, & they fall over every time.
With the exception of Malmsteen, who can shred on either.

Dunno about that man. I played acoustic and/or with no distortion for years during my daily practices, and when I plugged in to a high gain amp I was sloppy as hell trying to control the distortion. Playing heavily distorted is an altogether different animal. I vary my practices these days, but we also have acoustic jams as well. I'm more of a speed picking guy anyway than a legato guy as I'm a huge DiMeola fan and I despise a tremolo bar. Though, I do it all.

if youre just going to turn 30 and play local clubs, it's more about song vocaulary, personality, having a decent looks, being cool to club owners, playing soft enough, leading on girls and being cool with dudes, and being able to deliver solid backup harmony vocals.

if you're 16, by all means, chase that dream.

That was/is me, except I'm heading towards 50. Good post.

I've got some shitty vids and recordings too, maybe I'll post some.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2011, 09:41:35 AM »
in about an hour i'm heading to GC to get the marshall class 5 combo.  i've sworn off guitar center, but the class 5 is on sale this weekend for $299 (probably because the head&cab is out now, marshall never goes on sale). 

the wife should be thrilled when i bring it in. ::)
Deep Tissue Massage

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2011, 11:40:30 AM »
My bad, I thought for some reason that was one of capts EQ's vids, and that he had called you sloppy about your vids on page 1 and then posted that sultans vids.
Sorry. Lol.
Thats what I get for posting at 3:00 am when I get up to take a shit.

Hahahah, no I'm a little more in shape then that! lol

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2011, 12:52:59 PM »
i'd criticize you if i paid money to see you and you blew assholes.  but since you're one of millions of videos on youtube playing for fun, who cares?

you wish you were this guy:

Actually, out of all the fantastic guitarists out there, I like this guy. Go figure. SRV must have liked him too, but I don't play like him. Yes, I do know fingerstyle blues and theory, but I don't play like Tommy.
Second choice Freddy Kreuger... I mean Frank Gambale...

Fuck the rockers... generally speaking, they are nothing. Don't start snivellin about Jason Becker and Paul Gilbert or Marty Friedman... not even Eddie Van Halen. Yes, they were/are (EVH?) great, but only at what they do. Some of these guys like say... oh.. Joe Pass, Django Rheinhardt? They put everyone to shame.

There is always someone better. Always someone faster (even in racing) always someone bigger, stronger, smarter...

Whatevah

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2011, 12:59:33 PM »
you can play dyslexic

but too say some of the metal guitarists arent special is just stupid
T

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2011, 01:10:13 PM »
So is anyone in this thread not into the depressing slow old blues shit or gypsy jazz (who the fuck even listens to this crap!?)  :)

I like my music to have a little kick and life to it, blues is as repetitive and depressing as country, gypsy jazz is so fucked up, I don't even know where to start..

You guys want to hear a guy that can do it all and play it all ?  Stevie Stevens (yes of Billy Idol fame) check out this track, written by him (he wrote the whole album) and INSANE out of this world (yes still original and different) solo
coming at 3:28 but has a prelude at 2:50

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2011, 03:03:28 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2011, 03:21:41 PM »
I play the blues too.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2011, 06:20:30 PM »
name a song you wrote that I would know

You really didn't even understand what I said, did you?
You were the one that mentioned none of us ever doing much.
You said we wouldn't do much more than tour or do much outside of playing a club.
I came into the conversation and told you I had done all that and by the time I was 22 for most of all I said.

And no you want a song I wrote?
Who mentioned anything about a song? You, but only now.
I've never written a single song, it's not my forte. Never thought I was good at putting pen to paper. I have my niche and that's what I stick with. If that's not good enough for you, Nirvana, then shit in your hand.

I am no blues Nazi but that's really impressive.
Who do you think is the best harp player outta that bunch?

Hard to say, depends on if you're looking for a certain style or overall. For particular styles, I would say Estrin does the Sonny Boy II the best, though Kim is no slouch. Overall, Kim is hands down the best. He can play; Walter, Sonny Boy (I and II), Wolf etc...he sings really good (especially in comparison to all the other blues harp singers (though Harman gives him a good run at times) and he can do a lot of tricks too. Look up some of his 10+min harp solos where he's accompanied only by the drummer at times.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2011, 06:26:55 PM »

Actually, out of all the fantastic guitarists out there, I like this guy. Go figure. SRV must have liked him too, but I don't play like him. Yes, I do know fingerstyle blues and theory, but I don't play like Tommy.
Second choice Freddy Kreuger... I mean Frank Gambale...

There's a few "Guitar Boogie Shuffle"'s out there, and Tommy kind of pieced them together to make what you see there. There was Arthur Smith, and there was this man, Frank Virtue, who had this which is oft played yet never duplicated. Everyone from Tom Petty to local bar bands have tried to pull this one off...back when it came out, if you could play it you were hot shit.

Another monster that knew how to play thousands of genres still had his own style, was Danny Gatton. MONSTER!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2670299545018436086

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2011, 07:19:26 PM »
you can play dyslexic

but too say some of the metal guitarists arent special is just stupid

Out of context bud, out of context.

Look at what/how I play. I would be a hypocrite if you took it that way. It's cool. I understand I should have worded that much differently.

Hard to explain with a keyboard what you are trying to get across. It's all good. I am a clone. That would be like biting the hand that fed me.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2011, 07:21:32 PM »
I'm out....  I can barely play the radio.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2011, 07:23:52 PM »
So is anyone in this thread not into the depressing slow old blues shit or gypsy jazz (who the fuck even listens to this crap!?)  :)

I like my music to have a little kick and life to it, blues is as repetitive and depressing as country, gypsy jazz is so fucked up, I don't even know where to start..

You guys want to hear a guy that can do it all and play it all ?  Stevie Stevens (yes of Billy Idol fame) check out this track, written by him (he wrote the whole album) and INSANE out of this world (yes still original and different) solo
coming at 3:28 but has a prelude at 2:50

Steve Stevens is one of THE MOST underrated guitarist out there. He is much more than a rocker. I know that particular Vince Neil album inside and out. Listened to the cassette so much it finally broke. Couple of soundtracks made it to the movies. "Youre invited but your friends can't come" was in a Pauly Shore movie (I think)

Poker in the front, Liquor in the rear.

I love the drumming on that album too.

Steve was pretty creative with all the kids electronic toys too. Very tasteful the way he used them, much like Eddie VH with the drill in Poundcake.

Steve is playing some pretty off-the-wall stuff these days... some kind of Spanish Flamenco solo stuff.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2011, 07:36:59 PM »
can anyone recommend an electric about $300 range with wide neck, balls to play Metallica but also tone to play acoustic/jazz stuff.  Must stay in tune.  No need for Floyd Rose. I am looking through Guitar center and my head is spinning from all the reviews.  Looked at the Peavey Predator or Laguna, Epiphones which I have played before but cannot remember what model.  I have a Tele now and it is shot but I will keep it.  Thanks

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2011, 07:55:44 PM »
You said we wouldn't do much more than tour or do much outside of playing a club.
I came into the conversation and told you I had done all that and by the time I was 22 for most of all I said.

I've never written a single song, it's not my forte. Never thought I was good at putting pen to paper. I have my niche and that's what I stick with. If that's not good enough for you, Nirvana, then shit in your hand.

Hard to say, depends on if you're looking for a certain style or overall. For particular styles, I would say Estrin does the Sonny Boy II the best, though Kim is no slouch. Overall, Kim is hands down the best. He can play; Walter, Sonny Boy (I and II), Wolf etc...he sings really good (especially in comparison to all the other blues harp singers (though Harman gives him a good run at times) and he can do a lot of tricks too. Look up some of his 10+min harp solos where he's accompanied only by the drummer at times.

Yeah Kim is great have you heard the Ludella record he did with Jimmy Rogers bout 12years ago?
has a very decent stab at the old Little Walter parts.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2011, 08:40:26 PM »

say no more, the rest is just meltdown.

when I say going somewhere I don't mean physically.