Author Topic: MSNBC suspends Halperin indefinately for calling Obama a "Dick" at Presser  (Read 4521 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
MSNBC suspends Mark Halperin for Obama comments
MSNBC Morning Joe Blog ^ | June 30, 2011 | MSNBC Morning Joe Blog

________________________ ________________________ _________________

Statement from MSNBC: Mark Halperin's comments this morning were completely inappropriate and unacceptable.  We apologize to the President, The White House and all of our viewers. We strive for a high level of discourse and comments like these have no place on our air. Therefore, Mark will be suspended indefinitely from his role as an analyst.

Statement from Mark Halperin: I completely agree with everything in MSNBC’s statement about my remark. I believe that the step they are taking in response is totally appropriate.

Again, I want to offer a heartfelt and profound apology to the President, to my MSNBC colleagues, and to the viewers. My remark was unacceptable, and I deeply regret it.

(Excerpt) Read more at mojoe.msnbc.msn.com ...

Ha ha ha ha ha - the truth can't b olerated! 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
LMAOOOOOOOO

"We strive for a high level of discourse"

Years of Olbermann, Matthews and Schultz are clearly indicative of that.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
MSNBC suspends Mark Halperin for Obama comments
MSNBC Morning Joe Blog ^ | June 30, 2011 | MSNBC Morning Joe Blog

________________________ ________________________ _________________

Statement from MSNBC: Mark Halperin's comments this morning were completely inappropriate and unacceptable.  We apologize to the President, The White House and all of our viewers. We strive for a high level of discourse and comments like these have no place on our air. Therefore, Mark will be suspended indefinitely from his role as an analyst.

Statement from Mark Halperin: I completely agree with everything in MSNBC’s statement about my remark. I believe that the step they are taking in response is totally appropriate.

Again, I want to offer a heartfelt and profound apology to the President, to my MSNBC colleagues, and to the viewers. My remark was unacceptable, and I deeply regret it.

(Excerpt) Read more at mojoe.msnbc.msn.com ...

Ha ha ha ha ha - the truth can't b olerated! 

Under no circumstances can you call the President of the United States a dick on national TV.  Its unprofessional and very disrespectable.  You can disagree with him, you can dislike him, but that's something you can't say on TV.  He was suspended indefinitely which was the only call that MSNBC can make on something like that.  MSNBC could even be fined by the FCC for that statement.  He knew he fucked up and apologized but this is an example where personal emotions get the best of someone. 

A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Any normal person seeing obama's presser yesterday most likely came away with the same reaction to that farce.   

One lie after the next as always, and more and more are realizing it.   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Any normal person seeing obama's presser yesterday most likely came away with the same reaction to that farce.   

One lie after the next as always, and more and more are realizing it.   

The saddest part is that Halperin meant what he said. This wasn't a simple slip of the tongue. He actually ASKED if the 7-second delay was activated, KNOWING he was going to say that about Obama.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The saddest part is that Halperin meant what he said. This wasn't a simple slip of the tongue. He actually ASKED if the 7-second delay was activated, KNOWING he was going to say that about Obama.

Good!   its about time someone put obama in his place and started calling him out on his intentionally destructive policies and chaos. 

His faux presser yesterday was a disgrace, as are those who still support hm.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Suspended? Really? (Mark Halperin)
Hugh Hewitt.com ^ | June 30, 2011 | Hugh Hewitt

Mark Halperin is a star of the Beltway-Manhattan media elite, a lefty and transparently so.

But he is also a terrific though deeply biased political reporter and his slip into street-talk on air today needed and got an apology, but a suspension? I have been in broadcast studios, both television and radio, for two decades and the pejorative Halperin used is as common as it is low on the scale of insults towards political figures. So what is MSNBC saying with this absurd display of "standards?" That none of its hosts talk this way, or that they don't talk this way on air? If it is the later, it is a mistake in delivery, not a moral offense, and no suspension is necessary. If the later, there will be a whole lot more suspensions coming down the pike at MSNBC.

I have to suspect that the real crime in MSNBC's eyes is that Halperin broke faith with the fever swamp's favorite president and that the core demo rose up proclaiming that the president should never be criticized, even by an acolyte like Halperin.

And make no mistake --Halperin is an Obama acolyte. His book Game Change makes clear that he sat on story after story that would have hurt the Democrats generally and the president's nomination and election specifically throughout the 2008 campaign until after the voting was done. There is no higher service than helping deep six the bad news, and Mark Halperin came through for Obama and the left when it counted. So eighteen months out from the next election he shows a little false independence from the boss, the better to serve the big guy over the next year-and-a-half, and MSNBC blows it up into a display of "journalistic ethics" --from the most reliably unhinged, hard-left studios in the business. Sheesh.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Under no circumstances can you call the President of the United States a dick on national TV.  Its unprofessional and very disrespectable.  You can disagree with him, you can dislike him, but that's something you can't say on TV.  He was suspended indefinitely which was the only call that MSNBC can make on something like that.  MSNBC could even be fined by the FCC for that statement.  He knew he fucked up and apologized but this is an example where personal emotions get the best of someone. 

I agree with this.  What he said is probably true, particularly since that is exactly how he has acted in the past, but you can't say that about the president on national TV.  Unacceptable. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Leaning forward
Carney called Halperin's bosses
By MATT NEGRIN | 06/30/11 1:28 PM Updated: 06/30/11 3:07 PM

Carney called Halperin's bosses

Jay Carney wasn't pleased with Mark Halperin's choice of words this morning. AP Photo

Close White House press secretary Jay Carney announced Thursday that he called Mark Halperin's bosses at MSNBC after the network contributor called President Obama "a dick" on a morning show.

"The comment that was made was inappropriate," Carney told reporters in his daily briefing. "It would be inappropriate to say that about either president of either party."

Carney said he didn't have a comment on what action the network took against Halperin (he was suspended after he apologized). He told reporters that "on behalf of the White House, I expressed that sentiment to executives at the network."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Halperin is a dick too.  takes one to know one.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Halperin is a dick too.  takes one to know one.

He told the truth, just lik joe wilson did. 

its about time all these Journolists starting reporting what we all know to be the truth - Obama is a lying disgusting piece of trash.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
White House called MSNBC to complain about remark
The Hill ^ | 6/30/11 | Sam Youngman

________________________ ________________________ _

White House press secretary Jay Carney said that he called officials at MSNBC to convey to the cable station the administration's anger toward a remark made by an analyst Thursday morning.

Washington was abuzz Thursday after longtime Washington journalist Mark Halperin used a profane term to describe President Obama's tone during Wednesday's press conference.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
White House called MSNBC to complain about remark
The Hill ^ | 6/30/11 | Sam Youngman

________________________ ________________________ _

White House press secretary Jay Carney said that he called officials at MSNBC to convey to the cable station the administration's anger toward a remark made by an analyst Thursday morning.

Washington was abuzz Thursday after longtime Washington journalist Mark Halperin used a profane term to describe President Obama's tone during Wednesday's press conference.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

Funny picture.   :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Considering obama is now refusing to meet with the gop, i agree 100% with this guy.

fuck obama, and I wish more of these people would spea their minds.   I saw morning joe this morning and even guests like jim cramer who voted for and supported obama were shaking their heads in disbelief how clueless this jerkoff is.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

.Flashback: MSNBC Hosts Called Bush Fascist, Murderous and War Criminal, Never Faced Suspensions
By Geoffrey Dickens | June 30, 2011 | 12:50

________________________ ________________________ ______

On MSNBC you can call a sitting president a "murderous" "fascist" even muse about putting the President on trial for war crimes, so long as that president is a Republican. But if you dare call a Democratic president a "d–ck," as MSNBC analyst Mark Halperin did this morning it's grounds for indefinite suspension.

While calling any president the D-word is probably not showing the proper respect for the office, it has to be asked where does it rank compared to essentially accusing a president of mass murder and war crimes?

The following is a collection of quotes from MSNBC employees past (Keith Olbermann) and present (Chris Matthews, Ron Reagan Jr.) who had some particularly distasteful things to say about a then sitting President George W. Bush:

"Good evening. A President who lied us into a war and, in so doing, needlessly killed 3,584 of our family and friends and neighbors; a President whose administration initially tried to destroy the first man to nail that lie; a President whose henchmen then ruined the career of the intelligence asset that was his wife when intelligence assets were never more essential to the viability of the Republic; a President like that has tonight freed from the prospect of prison the only man ever to come to trial for one of the component felonies in what may be the greatest crime of this young century."

— Keith Olbermann on Bush commuting Lewis Libby's prison sentence, MSNBC's Countdown, July 2, 2007

"If you believe in the seamless mutuality of government and big business, come out and say it! There is a dictionary definition, one word that describes that toxic blend. You're a fascist! Get them to print you a T-shirt with fascist on it!...You, sir, have no place in a government of the people, by the people, for the people. The lot of you are the symbolic descendants of the despotic middle managers of some banana republic to whom ‘freedom' is an ironic brand name, a word you reach for when you want to get away with its opposite."

—  Olbermann addressing Bush in a "Special Comment" on Countdown, February 14, 2008.

"As a final crash of self-indulgent nonsense, when the incontrovertible truth of your panoramic and murderous deceit has even begun to cost your political party seemingly perpetual congressional seats....When somebody asks you, sir, about the cooked books and faked threats you foisted on a sincere and frightened nation; when somebody asks you, sir, about your gallant, noble, self-abnegating sacrifice of your golf game so as to soothe the families of the war dead; this advice, Mr. Bush: Shut the hell up! Good night and good luck."

— Olbermann in a "Special Comment" on Countdown, May 14, 2008.

"What happens when you go in the Oval Office is you start living in a bubble, you know....David Kay, for instance, comes out with a report and says Iraq never had weapons of mass destruction. What does George W. Bush say? 'Well, I still think they had them.' That’s not just spin. That's dementia."

— MSNBC contributor Ron Reagan, Jr., during live coverage of the January 27, 2004 New Hampshire primary.

MSNBC's Chris Matthews: "Russ Feingold wants to censure the President, the Vice President..."

Left-wing filmmaker Michael Moore: "Good idea....Personally I'd like to see a perp walk coming out of the West Wing of the White House."

Matthews: "Do you think they're guilty of war crimes?"

Moore: "Absolutely....I think we need a trial, in this country, where Mr. Cheney and Mr. Bush would be brought up on charges for causing the deaths of so many people...."

Matthews: "It's interesting if you go back....the Nuremberg Trials weren't about the genocide, it was about waging an aggressive war. I love reading some of that language. It's interesting."

— MSNBC's Hardball, July 23, 2007

For the record, you will also get suspended by MSNBC for on-air comments, if you say an ex-Democratic president's daughter was being "pimped out" as was the case when David Shuster back in 2008 made this observation:

DAVID SHUSTER: Bill, there's just something a little bit unseemly to me that Chelsea's out there calling up celebrities, saying support my mom, and she's apparently also calling these super delegates.

BILL PRESS: Hey, she's working for her mom. What's unseemly about that? During the last campaign, the Bush twins were out working for their dad. I think it's great, I think she's grown up in a political family, she's got politics in her blood, she loves her mom, she thinks she'd make a great president --

SHUSTER: But doesn't it seem like Chelsea's sort of being pimped out in some weird sort of way?

About the Author
Geoffrey Dickens is the Deputy Research Director at the Media Research Center. Click here to follow Geoffrey Dickens on Twitter. .

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffrey-dickens/2011/06/30/msnbc-double-standard-you-can-call-president-murdering-fascist-if-#ixzz1QnmD7EQ7

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
.Flashback: MSNBC Hosts Called Bush Fascist, Murderous and War Criminal, Never Faced Suspensions
By Geoffrey Dickens | June 30, 2011 | 12:50

________________________ ________________________ ______

On MSNBC you can call a sitting president a "murderous" "fascist" even muse about putting the President on trial for war crimes, so long as that president is a Republican. But if you dare call a Democratic president a "d–ck," as MSNBC analyst Mark Halperin did this morning it's grounds for indefinite suspension.

While calling any president the D-word is probably not showing the proper respect for the office, it has to be asked where does it rank compared to essentially accusing a president of mass murder and war crimes?

The following is a collection of quotes from MSNBC employees past (Keith Olbermann) and present (Chris Matthews, Ron Reagan Jr.) who had some particularly distasteful things to say about a then sitting President George W. Bush:

"Good evening. A President who lied us into a war and, in so doing, needlessly killed 3,584 of our family and friends and neighbors; a President whose administration initially tried to destroy the first man to nail that lie; a President whose henchmen then ruined the career of the intelligence asset that was his wife when intelligence assets were never more essential to the viability of the Republic; a President like that has tonight freed from the prospect of prison the only man ever to come to trial for one of the component felonies in what may be the greatest crime of this young century."

— Keith Olbermann on Bush commuting Lewis Libby's prison sentence, MSNBC's Countdown, July 2, 2007

"If you believe in the seamless mutuality of government and big business, come out and say it! There is a dictionary definition, one word that describes that toxic blend. You're a fascist! Get them to print you a T-shirt with fascist on it!...You, sir, have no place in a government of the people, by the people, for the people. The lot of you are the symbolic descendants of the despotic middle managers of some banana republic to whom ‘freedom' is an ironic brand name, a word you reach for when you want to get away with its opposite."

—  Olbermann addressing Bush in a "Special Comment" on Countdown, February 14, 2008.

"As a final crash of self-indulgent nonsense, when the incontrovertible truth of your panoramic and murderous deceit has even begun to cost your political party seemingly perpetual congressional seats....When somebody asks you, sir, about the cooked books and faked threats you foisted on a sincere and frightened nation; when somebody asks you, sir, about your gallant, noble, self-abnegating sacrifice of your golf game so as to soothe the families of the war dead; this advice, Mr. Bush: Shut the hell up! Good night and good luck."

— Olbermann in a "Special Comment" on Countdown, May 14, 2008.

"What happens when you go in the Oval Office is you start living in a bubble, you know....David Kay, for instance, comes out with a report and says Iraq never had weapons of mass destruction. What does George W. Bush say? 'Well, I still think they had them.' That’s not just spin. That's dementia."

— MSNBC contributor Ron Reagan, Jr., during live coverage of the January 27, 2004 New Hampshire primary.

MSNBC's Chris Matthews: "Russ Feingold wants to censure the President, the Vice President..."

Left-wing filmmaker Michael Moore: "Good idea....Personally I'd like to see a perp walk coming out of the West Wing of the White House."

Matthews: "Do you think they're guilty of war crimes?"

Moore: "Absolutely....I think we need a trial, in this country, where Mr. Cheney and Mr. Bush would be brought up on charges for causing the deaths of so many people...."

Matthews: "It's interesting if you go back....the Nuremberg Trials weren't about the genocide, it was about waging an aggressive war. I love reading some of that language. It's interesting."

— MSNBC's Hardball, July 23, 2007

For the record, you will also get suspended by MSNBC for on-air comments, if you say an ex-Democratic president's daughter was being "pimped out" as was the case when David Shuster back in 2008 made this observation:

DAVID SHUSTER: Bill, there's just something a little bit unseemly to me that Chelsea's out there calling up celebrities, saying support my mom, and she's apparently also calling these super delegates.

BILL PRESS: Hey, she's working for her mom. What's unseemly about that? During the last campaign, the Bush twins were out working for their dad. I think it's great, I think she's grown up in a political family, she's got politics in her blood, she loves her mom, she thinks she'd make a great president --

SHUSTER: But doesn't it seem like Chelsea's sort of being pimped out in some weird sort of way?

About the Author
Geoffrey Dickens is the Deputy Research Director at the Media Research Center. Click here to follow Geoffrey Dickens on Twitter. .

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffrey-dickens/2011/06/30/msnbc-double-standard-you-can-call-president-murdering-fascist-if-#ixzz1QnmD7EQ7

Facist, murderous, and war criminal are bad things to say but they are not vulgar or gutter talk.  Calling someone a "dick" however is. 
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
LMAO!     ha ha ha ha - yeah, if he would have called obama those things, I'm sure Carney wouldhave not also clled up MSNBC.   ::) ::)  ::)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
LMAO!     ha ha ha ha - yeah, if he would have called obama those things, I'm sure Carney wouldhave not also clled up MSNBC.   ::) ::)  ::)

He suspended as he should be and that's that.  Should serve as a reminder for folks in the media to use some professionalism if you have a disagreement with someone
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

He suspended as he should be and that's that.  Should serve as a reminder for folks in the media to use some professionalism if you have a disagreement with someone

funny - you never call for the same when it deals with Palin or her kids.   Then everything is fair game.   

Skip8282

• Getbig V
He's an Obama shill.  He'll have another job with the MSM in no time.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Mika: Morning Joe Being Pressured To Invite More Pro-Obama Flacks
NewsBusters ^ | Mark Finkelstein

Posted on Friday, July 01, 2011 7:52:45 AM by governsleastgovernsbest

Jay Carney admits calling MSNBC yesterday to complain about Mark Halperin's crack [that we were first to report] that the President, at his Wednesday press conference, acted like a "d--k." Did the White House press secretary take the opportunity of his call to pressure the show to bring on more pro-Obama flacks?

The question arises because on today's show, Mika Brzezinski revealed that "we're getting hit a lot lately for not bringing on people who speak on behalf of the White House and really stick up for the President."

View video here.

(Excerpt) Read more at newsbusters.org ...

________________________ ________________________ _____-

Ha ha ha ha - why not just come here and ask 240 to go on morning joe.  I'm sure he will do a bang up job for bammer.   

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
He told the truth, just lik joe wilson did. 

its about time all these Journolists starting reporting what we all know to be the truth - Obama is a lying disgusting piece of trash.   
sorry to see Halperin suspended. He was one of the sane voices on MJ.
It was a great segment; poor Mica; like she never heard the word before; and the camera cuts to the control room.
Now this is 'reality' TV at its best.
w

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
funny - you never call for the same when it deals with Palin or her kids.   Then everything is fair game.   

Actually I did during the election.  No-one's kids should be thrown into the debate including John Kerry making a comment about Dick Cheney's daughter being a lesbian during the election.  That was one of the things that cost him that year

Of course since, Willow and Bristols decided to make homophobic rants on Facebook or the accusation that Bristol stating that her virginity was forcibly taken, they pretty much invited their own haters although all of them that did were teenagers like they are.   
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
And Glenn Beck called Obama a racist and even the shills at Faux News tried to give him an way out and he just doubled down

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
And Glenn Beck called Obama a racist and even the shills at Faux News tried to give him an way out and he just doubled down

I never had a problem with that either.   We should not attack people for telling the truth.  Not only is obama a racist, a dick, and an illiterate, he is a communist, marxist, incompetant, radical, fraud, liar, thief, and gonif.