Author Topic: FMR. GOP SEN. ALAN SIMPSON CALLS REPUBLICAN REFUSAL TO RAISE REVENUE ABSOLUTE BS  (Read 563 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Source: Think Progress

FMR. GOP SEN. ALAN SIMPSON CALLS REPUBLICAN REFUSAL TO RAISE REVENUE ‘ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT’ | Former GOP Sen. Alan Simpson blasted his intransigent GOP colleagues on the hill today for failing to reach a deal on the deficit. The expletive-prone co-chairman of President Obama’s bipartisan fiscal reform commission slammed Republicans for kowtowing to American for Tax Reform head Grover Norquist (“Republicans can’t be in thrall to him”) and pushed Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner to stand fast on the August 2 deadline. Surveying the lay of the current fiscal land, Simpson said “We’re at 15 percent revenue, and historically it’s been closer to 20 percent.” “We’ve never had a war without a tax, and now we’ve got two,” he added. “Absolute bullshit.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
What nonsense.   

The low revenues is yes, partially due to the wars, butits also the horrible economy that obama is collapsing.   

Yes, end the wars, cut the spending, cut the bullshit, impeach obama and send him back to kenya, let the economy recver for real wo the communist bs, and we will be ok.   

We dont need new taxes that kill jobs, we need to cut the bullshit. 

BTW 240 - tell me what obaa plans on cutting?   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
BTW 240 - tell me what obaa plans on cutting?   

how the heck should I know?  :)  I'm impressed the guy uses such langauge.  Great for headlines.  Lots of crassness in the media this week from politicians and pundits.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
how the heck should I know?  :)  I'm impressed the guy uses such langauge.  Great for headlines.  Lots of crassness in the media this week from politicians and pundits.

Did you like what Halperin said? 

I did and wish he would have went a lot farther.   

Obama is the biggest obstacle to recovery there is.  He is like a black plague hovering over everything and nothing will improve until he is gone.   Busineses wont hire, people spend, foregin companies are investing less and less, people are afraid to start businesses, more an more are on welfare and handouts, etc, and its all intentional.   

funny how simpson is complaining when obama panned Simpsons' own recs.     

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
A tax hike in an economy as bad as this one is comparable to squeezing blood from a turnip. The extra revenue simply isn't there to be collected.

If the economy was really growing in an organic fashion and expanding at a 4%+ GDP per year w/ 4-5% U.E. and rising wages across all brackets than yes, you could raise taxes. But this current economy is a fucking trainwreck, absolute and total so, in my eyes, raising taxes is out of the question. It would be pointless anyways because in the current climate the revenue you'd get would be a pittance.

According to Congress and the CBO if you roll back current rates on the upper incomes to pre-2000 levels you would get about 70 billion per year in additional revenue.....that's a joke.

Now, if you want to get increased revenue and growth they should simply, refine and close the holes through tax reform, but that's a while away.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Did you like what Halperin said? 
I did and wish he would have went a lot farther.   

LOL!  You fell for that?  That shit was an inside job.  The Morning Joe ratings are slumping.  "The new guy didn't know how to bleep the word".  Riiiiight.

That shit was staged, homie.  Gives them credibility, in their eyes, and puts them on the grid when nobody else is watching.  Primaries coming up.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
LOL!  You fell for that?  That shit was an inside job.  The Morning Joe ratings are slumping.  "The new guy didn't know how to bleep the word".  Riiiiight.

That shit was staged, homie.  Gives them credibility, in their eyes, and puts them on the grid when nobody else is watching.  Primaries coming up.

Regardless, Obama needs to be called out for his immature nonsense.   He is a joke and his little act is wearing real thin with people.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Regardless, Obama needs to be called out for his immature nonsense.   He is a joke and his little act is wearing real thin with people.   

Give it a week... mark Halperin will be hired at FOX as the token liberal pundit that viewers like.  Just like Steele was hired by MSNBC for the opposite viewpoint.