Author Topic: A new concept... what do you think?  (Read 2010 times)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
A new concept... what do you think?
« on: July 06, 2011, 08:02:19 AM »
So imagine if the UFC or another fight org worked like this:

8 fighters (within 30lbs of each other) get ready for an event 2 months ahead, all get cleared to fight by athletic commies, etc. etc.

but the matchups are never announced nor are they picked until the night of the fights takes place!

so on gameday you get 4 totally unexpected and fresh fights, the fighters have no 2 month period to study their fighter and train for them, they have to be ready for anything, or anyone with possibly a totally different style
then they are used to.

I think this would put some excitement back into fighting and have less predictable outcomes, would almost make it like a real fight but under athletic commie rules and stipulations.

I would like to see something like that, would even probably get more people watching for the surprise factor

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: A new concept... what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 03:45:54 PM »
I don 't see why it wouldn't work if the fighters are all from within the same weightclass, really what does it matter who they are going to fight as long as they meet the specs set forth by the commision and pass all health tests, etc.

Good idea, I expect you to pass this along to Mindspin so he can go over details with Dana at their next dinner.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 09:44:44 PM »
I don 't see why it wouldn't work if the fighters are all from within the same weightclass, really what does it matter who they are going to fight as long as they meet the specs set forth by the commision and pass all health tests, etc.

Good idea, I expect you to pass this along to Mindspin so he can go over details with Dana at their next dinner.

I think it make the fights a little more organic, I hate the fact that these guys have 2 months to study their opponents and learn their techniques and strengths and weaknesses, that's not how a real fight goes down
you don't have 2 months time and a team of coaches and similar style/sized guys to train with for a real fight, you just go out there and do it.

I would have way more respect for guys that lost that way then for the lame ass fighters who take 2 months and study their opponent, bring in special teams and coaches.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 06:54:43 AM »
I think so too. Would be cool to set up a card in each weightclass that way.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 08:23:10 PM »
Or just go back to the old days when there were no weight classes, no rules (other than no biting or eye-gouging).  8 men enter, and it is a tournament style event where they fight until only one guy is left.  If you like weight classes, you could do the same thing, just have a single elimination tournament.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 08:28:57 PM »
Or just go back to the old days when there were no weight classes, no rules (other than no biting or eye-gouging).  8 men enter, and it is a tournament style event where they fight until only one guy is left.  If you like weight classes, you could do the same thing, just have a single elimination tournament.

I would love to see this, my favorite part of mixed martial arts were the first few ufc's and the Pride open weight grand prix tourney's! nothing they've done in the last 10 years tops this

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 12:51:07 AM »
I would love to see this, my favorite part of mixed martial arts were the first few ufc's and the Pride open weight grand prix tourney's! nothing they've done in the last 10 years tops this

dana is to  money hungry. will not happen again. he milks these monthly cards stretching these events thin with talent because the more shows= more money.
irongearco.com