Author Topic: Roy Williams sues to recover ring  (Read 787 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Roy Williams sues to recover ring
« on: July 06, 2011, 11:49:58 AM »
Now I ain't sayin she a gold digger. . . .   :)  How stupid is she to file a false claim with the insurance company?  And how big of a loser is he? 

Updated: July 6, 2011
Roy Williams sues to recover ring
By Calvin Watkins
ESPNDallas.com

Cowboys WR Roy Williams seeking to regain possession of mailed engagement ringTags: Mike and Mike, Mike Golic
Mike And Mike: Mailed Engagement

While Dallas Cowboys players Tony Romo, Stephen McGee and Martellus Bennett got married this summer, wide receiver Roy Williams' attempt to join the crowd didn't work out.

More on the Cowboys

Calvin Watkins, Tim MacMahon and Todd Archer have the Dallas Cowboys blanketed for ESPNDallas.com. Blog
More: ESPN Dallas
Cowboys Draft Center

Williams is suing a former girlfriend whom he proposed to this spring, according to a lawsuit obtained by the Odessa American on June 30. The lawsuit says Williams, an Odessa native, is trying regain possession of a $76,000 engagement ring he sent, by mail, to Brooke Daniels, a former Miss Texas USA in 2009 whom he dated for nearly a year.

Williams also sent Daniels $5,000 for school and dental bills, a baseball for her brother and a taped marriage proposal in February. When Daniels declined to marry Williams, the lawsuit says she didn't return the ring when he asked for it back. According to the lawsuit, Daniels said she lost the ring.

"I'm not going to talk about it," Williams told ESPNDallas.com Wednesday morning. "It's a non-issue."

Michael Daniels, Brooke Daniels' father, told the Odessa American that Williams then filed a claim with his insurance company, State Farm, which investigated the lost ring. It was determined by the insurance company, according to Michael Daniels, that the ring was not lost and that the matter was whether it was a gift or not.

Michael Daniels, who is also listed as a defendant in the lawsuit, told the newspaper that he has possession of the ring and plans to return it to avoid further legal issues. He said that the pair never told Williams that the ring had been lost.

"He said to [Brooke], 'I'm not like a lot of people, I don't want the ring back. You'll eventually come back to me,' and she didn't," Michael Daniels said to the Odessa American.

Daniels added, "I want to wash my hands of it. It's just a hassle. I'll take care of my daughter. I don't need him."

An injunction hearing is set for Friday afternoon in Odessa, Texas.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6742082