Author Topic: Minimalist running...  (Read 5836 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: Minimalist running...
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 07:28:38 AM »

Prototype

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 08:02:06 AM »
I bought some vibrams about a year ago. First time I went running it felt good but took some getting used to. My ankles and caves, especially the lower part between the calf and ankle were incredibly sore after and i couldn't walk too great for the next few days. Now that I've gotten used to them, my running speed and eficiency hae gone through the roof. Running up hill and stairs is a hell of a lot easier. Also wearing them for leg training has been tremendous. My knees feel great too.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 07:28:32 AM »
I bought some vibrams about a year ago. First time I went running it felt good but took some getting used to. My ankles and caves, especially the lower part between the calf and ankle were incredibly sore after and i couldn't walk too great for the next few days. Now that I've gotten used to them, my running speed and eficiency hae gone through the roof. Running up hill and stairs is a hell of a lot easier. Also wearing them for leg training has been tremendous. My knees feel great too.
I just ran a few miles for the second time in running sandals.

I expect I'll be pretty sore again tomorrow. I also got a blister close to where I got one the first time. I'm not too worried about it, my feet are still adjusting.

Do you think your over-all speed is significantly reduced? It seems like mine is but it's hard to tell, I just run around the neighborhood and I don't have a way of keeping track of how far I've gone. I ran for thirty minutes but it seems like I'm running at a slower pace.

Also, do you land towards the front of your foot all the time? I was seeing some people saying that they land in the middle of the foot. I'm not real comfortable with that, still too much shock to my heel. I definitely land on the ball of my foot. Just wondering if that's "correct".

Anyway, I run everyday and will get a lot more used to it, especially when I am able to do it many times per week.

I tried those Vibrams on, a few pair, but my foot just isn't built for them.
G