Author Topic: Van Bilderass, does it make sense to you ?  (Read 3275 times)

Stavios

Van Bilderass, does it make sense to you ?
« on: July 13, 2011, 11:25:16 AM »
don't know shit about slin exept how to shoot it in my gut, but I relate to that even if it comes from Palumbo and I don'T trust his drug advice that much.

from Dave Palumbo..

A: First off, whenever you inject exogenous insulin for performance-enhancing purposes (in an off-season growth scenario), you should always use Humulin-R (since it's fast acting but not too fast). What you're essentially attempting to do is to get a boost of this incredibly anabolic hormone 1-2 times per day max (6-10IU per dose) to help stimulate new growth. The way this occurs is that the large bolus of insulin maximally activates insulin receptors (on the surface of muscle cells) and it forces the large load of consumed macronutrients (protein/fats/carbs) into the muscle cells where they can then be utilized to build and repair muscle tissue. ......

You do NOT want to try to try mimic your own insulin production like a type 1 diabetic would (by taking small shots of a super fast-acting insulin such as Humalog) or else you'll find that you desensitize your insulin receptors (become insulin resistant) because you're constantly flooding the receptors with excess insulin (all throughout the day). When this happens the first response of the cells is to downregulate (reduce) the number of insulin receptors. Less receptors mean less growth. In my experience, I've found that twice (2x) daily dosing of Humulin-R will give you all the growth-promoting benefits without the potential concomitant insulin resistance

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Van Bilderass, does it make sense to you ?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 01:10:42 PM »
its bullshit he made up in his own head.

Stavios

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 01:20:10 PM »
its bullshit he made up in his own head.

his explaination makes absolutely no sense to me, but it seems humalog doesn'T do me shit anymore even the pump isn't there as much.

when I started 15iu made me FULL and I could go hypo easily if I didn't eat  enough during the 4 hours window..

now I can shoot 25-30iu without any problem but seems like the effect ain't as strong

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 08:51:20 PM »
So you want fast but not too fast? ??? Humalog should be the choice if you want it in and out quickly, no?

6-10IU is a large bolus? Get outta here. At least he upped his recommendation from 1-2IU max once per day, and only for "undersecreters", another made up theory.  :D

I doubt you're very resistant... you're not shooting it all day long are you? So Palumbo's explanation for diminished effects wouldn't apply to you anyway.

Palumbo also made the "scientific" claim that over 10mcg of IGF would make you resistant within days... never mind the fact that a normal person produces like up to 10,000mcg each day and kids with growth disorders are prescribed several milligrams a day for years and it keeps working.

I don't know why you're not going hypo as easily now. Could be several reasons, better timing of the carbs, more food each day period, and maybe a little less sensitivity. Can't say.

Personally I made the mistake of downing 100 grams of quick carbs in conjunction with the shot when I used it maybe a decade ago. I would go hypo frequently after 1-2 hours. I think it's better to sip on the solution slowly. I just recently tried it again and can do 25IU no problem but I sip the carbs slowly over the next 2 hours.

kevinf

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 03:46:06 AM »
So you want fast but not too fast? ??? Humalog should be the choice if you want it in and out quickly, no?

6-10IU is a large bolus? Get outta here. At least he upped his recommendation from 1-2IU max once per day, and only for "undersecreters", another made up theory.  :D

I doubt you're very resistant... you're not shooting it all day long are you? So Palumbo's explanation for diminished effects wouldn't apply to you anyway.

Palumbo also made the "scientific" claim that over 10mcg of IGF would make you resistant within days... never mind the fact that a normal person produces like up to 10,000mcg each day and kids with growth disorders are prescribed several milligrams a day for years and it keeps working.

I don't know why you're not going hypo as easily now. Could be several reasons, better timing of the carbs, more food each day period, and maybe a little less sensitivity. Can't say.

Personally I made the mistake of downing 100 grams of quick carbs in conjunction with the shot when I used it maybe a decade ago. I would go hypo frequently after 1-2 hours. I think it's better to sip on the solution slowly. I just recently tried it again and can do 25IU no problem but I sip the carbs slowly over the next 2 hours.

Van what is your carb drink of choice? I remember readign somewhere that grape juice would be one of the better carb drinks for slin..i forget the reason why, i'd have to search for it again..it was probably some bullshit broscience tho.

Stavios

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 08:22:01 AM »
Van what is your carb drink of choice? I remember readign somewhere that grape juice would be one of the better carb drinks for slin..i forget the reason why, i'd have to search for it again..it was probably some bullshit broscience tho.

I prefer something with little fructose

ABB carbos are purely carbs they are better than other carb drinks with 30-40% fructose

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 08:53:47 AM »

Grape juice is basically the same as dextrose.

I like maltodextrin since it's at least as fast as dextrose but less sweet.

For a slow carb component I have been trying out mixing in a little Isomaltulose/palatinose. Seems to reduce the chance of going hypo.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 06:03:10 PM »
I prefer something with little fructose

ABB carbos are purely carbs they are better than other carb drinks with 30-40% fructose
ya i avoid any kind of concentrated fructose...   fruits are fine, but not high fructose corn syrup.. juice is iffy.. i water it down or just buy diet juice

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 03:37:04 PM »
I use humalin-R exclusively and get great results..you dont need carbs with R anyways. I have a friend who is a diabetic..talked with her and she said never keeps track of what she eats after a shot...if she goes hypo and she takes a glucose tablet. just five grams of carbs and is fine in minutes. bodybuilders are the biggest pussies I swear lol.. I talked with Van about using insulin to get some synergy with the protein and drugs  rather than slamming a big carb drink postworkout to stay fuller...which is a   waste of time except keeping your ego high from getting too low from being flat. ::)
 For example, I just took 6iu of R post workout and ate 12oz. chicken breast,2tbsp peaut butter and green beans and my blood glucose is fine and I'm alive. Just get a blood glucose monitor at walmart..dont be stupid. Ask yourself is 50 bucks worth risking your life? Going by signs of hypo is stupid and wreckless! I personally dont get shaky hands and sweaty until I am DANGEROUSLY LOW. My blood glucose was below 60 and I felt perfectly fine :o..

Also I know for a fact Goonter :D Schlerkamp used R excusively thoughout his career.  Will Vampire Harris told me he hates humalog as well. . Most guys just like R better from what I see (not all)..the only ones who dont are the ones who haven't tried it. (the majority)

l

Fitness4Life

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 12:07:07 AM »
I use humalin-R exclusively and get great results..you dont need carbs with R anyways. I have a friend who is a diabetic..talked with her and she said never keeps track of what she eats after a shot...if she goes hypo and she takes a glucose tablet. just five grams of carbs and is fine in minutes. bodybuilders are the biggest pussies I swear lol.. I talked with Van about using insulin to get some synergy with the protein and drugs  rather than slamming a big carb drink postworkout to stay fuller...which is a   waste of time except keeping your ego high from getting too low from being flat. ::)
 For example, I just took 6iu of R post workout and ate 12oz. chicken breast,2tbsp peaut butter and green beans and my blood glucose is fine and I'm alive. Just get a blood glucose monitor at walmart..dont be stupid. Ask yourself is 50 bucks worth risking your life? Going by signs of hypo is stupid and wreckless! I personally dont get shaky hands and sweaty until I am DANGEROUSLY LOW. My blood glucose was below 60 and I felt perfectly fine :o..

Also I know for a fact Goonter :D Schlerkamp used R excusively thoughout his career.  Will Vampire Harris told me he hates humalog as well. . Most guys just like R better from what I see (not all)..the only ones who dont are the ones who haven't tried it. (the majority)

This seems to case with all drugs, until we find out it's usually internet balonie lol.  T3 has such a bad rep should be limited to 6 weeks max, steroids should be 16 weeks max, gh should be limited as well and so forth. 
Now insuline, another myth being debunked here on getbig, love it. 

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 12:49:18 AM »

This seems to case with all drugs, until we find out it's usually internet balonie lol.  T3 has such a bad rep should be limited to 6 weeks max, steroids should be 16 weeks max, gh should be limited as well and so forth. 
Now insuline, another myth being debunked here on getbig, love it. 

;D dont forget kids taking 100grams of dextrose a cup of honey and 2 boxes of raisins per every iu of insulin.
l

chess315

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 03:49:06 AM »
Grape juice is basically the same as dextrose.

I like maltodextrin since it's at least as fast as dextrose but less sweet.

For a slow carb component I have been trying out mixing in a little Isomaltulose/palatinose. Seems to reduce the chance of going hypo.

ya but grape juice is high priced