Author Topic: Cantor: Obama Stormed Out Of Debt Meeting After Becoming “Agitated”  (Read 2552 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
(Politico) — President Barack Obama abruptly walked out of a debt-limit meeting with congressional leaders Wednesday, throwing into serious doubt the already shaky debt limit negotiations, according to House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) and a second GOP source.

Cantor said the president became “agitated” and warned the Virginia Republican not to “call my bluff” when Cantor said he would consider a short-term debt-limit hike. The meeting “ended with the president abruptly walking out of the meeting,” Cantor told reporters in the Capitol. “I know why he lost his temper. He’s frustrated. We’re all frustrated.”

Asked if they’d made progress in the lasted of negotiations, House Minority Leader Steny Hoyer said “No.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/58937.html

This guy is the sorriest excuse for a leader I've ever seen. Just shows how much criticism and adversity he's had to deal with in his life....aka none.

Vanishes for 2.5 years on the economy and can't even stick around for a few days of discussions without throwing a tiff and storming off.

What are the odds he's golfing this weekend?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
uh oh, i wonder if 240 will be bitching about his gold investments saying he stands to make a profit but net loss on his portfolio

CONFLICT OF INTEREST!!!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
uh oh, i wonder if 240 will be bitching about his gold investments saying he stands to make a profit but net loss on his portfolio

CONFLICT OF INTEREST!!!!!

How dare you plan for your retirement by taking portfolio risk into account! BUY HIGH, SELL LOW!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
(Politico) — President Barack Obama abruptly walked out of a debt-limit meeting with congressional leaders Wednesday, throwing into serious doubt the already shaky debt limit negotiations, according to House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) and a second GOP source.

Cantor said the president became “agitated” and warned the Virginia Republican not to “call my bluff” when Cantor said he would consider a short-term debt-limit hike. The meeting “ended with the president abruptly walking out of the meeting,” Cantor told reporters in the Capitol. “I know why he lost his temper. He’s frustrated. We’re all frustrated.”

Asked if they’d made progress in the lasted of negotiations, House Minority Leader Steny Hoyer said “No.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/58937.html

This guy is the sorriest excuse for a leader I've ever seen. Just shows how much criticism and adversity he's had to deal with in his life....aka none.

Vanishes for 2.5 years on the economy and can't even stick around for a few days of discussions without throwing a tiff and storming off.

What are the odds he's golfing this weekend?

Funny, that's not how the story read from Politico.... ::)

President Barack Obama abruptly walked out of a stormy debt-limit meeting with congressional leaders Wednesday, throwing into serious doubt the already shaky negotiations, according to GOP sources

“He shoved back and said ‘I’ll see you tomorrow’ and walked out,” House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) told reporters in the Capitol after the meeting.
On a day when the Moody’s rating agency warned that American debt could be downgraded, the White House talks blew up amid a new round of sniping between Obama and Cantor, who are fast becoming bitter enemies.

When Cantor said the two sides were too far apart to get a deal that could pass the House by the Treasury Department’s Aug. 2 deadline — and that he would consider moving a short-term debt-limit increase alongside smaller spending cuts — Obama began to lecture him.

“Eric, don’t call my bluff,” the president said, warning Cantor that he would take his case “to the American people.” He told Cantor that no other president — not Ronald Reagan, the president said — would put up with the treatment he was getting from the House majority leader.

Democratic sources dispute Cantor’s version of Obama’s walk out, but all sides agree that the two had a blow up. The sources described Obama as “impassioned” but said he didn’t exactly storm out of the room.

“Cantor’s account of tonight’s meeting is completely overblown. For someone who knows how to walk out of a meeting, you’d think he know it when he saw it,” a Democratic aide said. “Cantor rudely interrupted the president three times to advocate for short-term debt ceiling increases while the president was wrapping up the meeting. This is just more juvenile behavior from him and Boehner needs to rein him in, and let the grown-ups get to work. “

On exiting the room, Obama reportedly said that “this confirms the totality of what the American people already believe” about Washington, said a Democratic official familiar with debt negotiations, that officials are “too focused on positioning and political posturing” to make difficult choices.

The latest and sharpest in a series of harsh exchanges between the two leaders heightened concern that markets could crash at any time amid fear of a reduction in the rating on once-ironclad U.S. debt.

A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama must have been pissed off he was missing tee time or party night. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Update: OBAMA: "THIS MAY BRING MY PRESIDENCY DOWN BUT I WILL NOT YIELD ON THIS"
Zero Hedge ^ | 07/13/2011 | Tyler Durden
Posted on July 13, 2011 8:01:37 PM EDT by The Magical Mischief Tour

The Petulant Teleprompter: Obama "Abruptly" Walks Out Of Debt Negotiations

Update: OBAMA: "THIS MAY BRING MY PRESIDENCY DOWN BUT I WILL NOT YIELD ON THIS" -- REPUBLICAN AIDE; Perhaps Obama may want to put the country ahead of his own interests this one time...

Here is the relevant section in the 14th Amendment that the Constitutional scholar is likely about to invoke. The bolded section is what is largely being ignored.

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. Odd how the debt inccured for payment of pensions is being nicely trampled to make way for debt incurred for payment of Federal worker bonuses...

Orignal:

So far the Moody's threat is having precisely zero impact on the debt ceiling farce, with just 8 days left until July 22. But the latest development is certain to jar both S&P and Fitch, not to mention Dagong, out of hibernation. Reuters reports that President Barack Obama abruptly ended a tense budget meeting on Wednesday with Republican leaders by walking out of the room, a Republican aide familiar with the talks said. The aide said the session, the fourth in a row, was the most tense of the week as House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner, the top Republican in Congress, dismissed spending cuts offered by the White House as "gimmicks and accounting tricks." Either Congress has become the best orchestrated reality TV show in history or, and this is a big or, the market should really consider panicking soon.

Some additional color:

Cantor relayed this quote: "Eric, don't call my bluff," Obama said. "I'm going to take this to the American people." More Cantor: Obama said that the group has until Friday to figure out "which way we're going." They'll meet tomorrow. Odd. Last time we checked far more Americans didn't want a debt ceiling hike than did:

Overall, voters oppose raising the debt ceiling by a strong 45 percent to 32 percent margin, with the remainder undecided.

But the real eye-opener in the poll is the stiff Republican and swing-voter opposition to a deal. Sixty-seven percent of GOP voters and 51 percent of independents think raising the debt ceiling is a bad idea.

Democratic voters, by comparison favored raising the debt ceiling by a 44 to 21 percent margin. Interestingly, 35 percent of Democrats say they are either undecided on the question, or don’t know enough to have an opinion. Perhaps Obama believes GM union members are a representative segment of the broad US population...

Skip8282

• Getbig V

Funny, that's not how the story read from Politico.... ::)

And now politico reads, "Cantor insists he never interrupted the president, and was “deferential,” seeking permission to speak"

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/58937.html#ixzz1S2mJUQd3

::)  It's called updating retard.  I'd explain it, but aren't you the same dumbass who tried to claim you can't be both Marxist and Communist? 

Why yes, yes you are that retard.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No, I think he is the guy claiming airsoft guns can be converted to real firearms.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Lmao.     Another "you lie " moment. 

t=102s

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
“He shoved back and said ‘I’ll see you tomorrow’ and walked out,” House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) told reporters in the Capitol after the meeting.

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
So now its the republicans who wants to borrow more money ???

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Quick, 240, we need you to investigate where the President has his money invested. I am sure you don't want to be accused of any bias against Cantor and the Republicans. After all, you are a libertarian and a very objective and fair individual. Right?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
So now its the republicans who wants to borrow more money ???

NO THEY DONT WANT TO BORROW MORE MONEY.

The problem is the maddoff in chief is demanding massive new spending and massive new taxes.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
NO THEY DONT WANT TO BORROW MORE MONEY.

The problem is the maddoff in chief is demanding massive new spendingand massive new taxes.  

don't you mean has offered massive spending cuts in exchange for a tiny increase in taxes on the super wealthy?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
don't you mean has offered massive spending cuts in exchange for a tiny increase in taxes on the super wealthy?

Please show me what cuts Obama has offered.   

He is talking more stim bills and making the baseline for the budget including the stim bill spending. 

Very simple to end this - cut 10% across the board everywhere for all spending everywhere.  Thats 400 billion a year.   

Obama brought this all on himself by refusing to adhere to the recomendation of Simpson/Bowles and dragging this out to the end. 

But oh he has plenty of time for golf, vacations, parties, fund raising, etc.   

What a piece of disgusting commie traitor trash you support.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Please show me what cuts Obama has offered.   

seriously man - how can you be unaware of this

It's been in the news the last 2 weeks

he offered 4 trillion in cuts (including cuts to Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security) and asked for tiny increases in taxes on the super wealthy an Repubs rejected it

They're fine with the spending cuts that effect 95% of the population but nixed a tiny increase in taxes on the 5% at the top

Again -how could you possibly be unware of this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/07/us/politics/07fiscal.html?_r=2&hp

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
seriously man - how can you be unaware of this

It's been in the news the last 2 weeks

he offered 4 trillion in cuts (including cuts to Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security) and asked for tiny increases in taxes on the super wealthy an Repubs rejected it

They're fine with the spending cuts that effect 95% of the population but nixed a tiny increase in taxes on the 5% at the top

Again -how could you possibly be unware of this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/07/us/politics/07fiscal.html?_r=2&hp

Show me his specific plan that cuts spending NOW!     Only a deluded doped up commie like yourself could believe a damn thing coming from this fraud who lies even about his own mother to push his commie agenda.     

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Show me his specific plan that cuts spending NOW!     Only a deluded doped up commie like yourself could believe a damn thing coming from this fraud who lies even about his own mother to push his commie agenda.      

I showed you my source and it was freely available to anyone with a functioning brain

FACT - Obama offered massive spending cuts in exchange for a tiny increases in taxes on the super wealthly and Repubs rejected it

MB

• Getbig IV
I showed you my source and it was freely available to anyone with a functioning brain

FACT - Obama offered massive spending cuts in exchange for a tiny increases in taxes on the super wealthly and Repubs rejected it

Obama's plan is to kick the can down the road.  Who cares about reducing the deficit by $4 trillion over the next 12 years?  It is still a deficit!  We need real spending cuts that balance the budget every year starting now.  The only way to stop Obama is to cut him off completely.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The president’s renewed efforts follow what knowledgeable officials said was an overture from Mr. Boehner, who met secretly with Mr. Obama last weekend, to consider as much as $1 trillion in unspecified new revenues as part of an overhaul of tax laws in exchange for an agreement that made substantial spending cuts, including in such social programs as Medicare and Medicaid and Social Security — programs that had been off the table.

________________________ ___________________

Tell me exactly what those cuts are?  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
The president’s renewed efforts follow what knowledgeable officials said was an overture from Mr. Boehner, who met secretly with Mr. Obama last weekend, to consider as much as $1 trillion in unspecified new revenues as part of an overhaul of tax laws in exchange for an agreement that made substantial spending cuts, including in such social programs as Medicare and Medicaid and Social Security — programs that had been off the table.

________________________ ___________________

Tell me exactly what those cuts are?  

CITE YOUR QUOTE, FUCKTARD!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

THATS FROM YOUR OWN FUCKING ARTICLE DAMN IT ! ! !

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
THATS FROM YOUR OWN FUCKING ARTICLE DAMN IT ! ! !

then say its from the article

again - everything you post is suspect unless it's sourced

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
then say its from the article

again - everything you post is suspect unless it's sourced

Oh sorry me, I thought you actually read the article you linked to as a source for your bullshit.   My bad.   

Again - what EXACTLY are the cuts your communist cult leader is offering?   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Obama's plan is to kick the can down the road.  Who cares about reducing the deficit by $4 trillion over the next 12 years?  It is still a deficit!  We need real spending cuts that balance the budget every year starting now.  The only way to stop Obama is to cut him off completely.

no we don't

Reagan, Bush and Cheney told us that deficits don't matter

the entire Republican economic revolution is based on deficits and debt