Author Topic: Triple bombings in Mumbai leave twenty dead, 113 injured  (Read 393 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Triple bombings in Mumbai leave twenty dead, 113 injured
« on: July 13, 2011, 06:28:55 PM »
Three blasts in Mumbai, twenty dead, 113 injured
NDTV Correspondent, Updated: July 13, 2011 22:12 IST

Mumbai:  In a seemingly coordinated attack, three explosions took place in Mumbai one after the other on Wednesday between 6.54 and 7.06 in the evening - the first at Zaveri Bazaar in South Mumbai, the second at kabutar khana in Dadar West, central Mumbai and the third again in South Mumbai at Opera House. The Maharashtra home secretary has said 20 people have died 113 are injured. The death toll may rise. (Watch: This is an attack on the heart of India, says Maharashtra CM)

In Delhi, the Home Ministry has confirmed that this was a terrorist attack and Mumbai has been sealed and is on high alert. Mr Chidambaram said his ministry would make a statement every two hours or sooner. The next statement will be made at 11 pm today. (Watch: A coordinated attack by terrorists, says Chidambaram)

Mumbai Police sources say the Indian Mujahideen is suspected to be behind the attack. Union Home Ministry sources too say that the hand of the IM working closely with the Lashkar e Taiba is suspected. (Read)

Two members of the IM were arrested in Maharashtra yesterday by the Maharashtra Anti-Terror Squad.  However, sources confirm there was no intelligence alert or input that warned of today's terror attack.

Mr Chavan said the blast at Opera House was of the highest intensity.

All blasts took place during rush hour and in crowded places.The Zaveri Bazaar blast took place in an umbrella kept at the crowded Kahu Gali, a street of eateries. (Watch: Eyewitness accounts of the blast in Zaveri Bazaar)

The Dadar West explosion took place in a meter box on an electric pole near a bus stop.The Opera House blast took place at Prasad Chamber building.

Dadar, a middle class area also houses the Shiv Sena Bhawan and the famous Shivaji Park. The Home Ministry has said that Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) were used.(Read: Find out who is behind the blasts, Shiv Sena tells Govt)

There were also unconfirmed reports of an unexploded bomb being found in Dadar and a bomb hoax in Santacruz.

Early reports said a police control room had received a call claiming that there were serial blasts in Mumbai.

A National Investigation Agency (NIA) Team has rushed to Mumbai from Delhi to investigate. A National Security Guards (NSG) team and forensic experts have also been airlifted on a BSF plane and are bound for Mumbai. The police have appealed for calm.

Zaveri Bazaar has been hit before -  over 50 people were killed in twin blasts in 2002. 

Malls, markets and other crowded places in Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore are on high alert.(Read)

Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/three-blasts-in-mumbai-ten-dead-54-injured-119030?cp&cp

Wonder which religious group did this?  ::)

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
Re: Triple bombings in Mumbai leave twenty dead, 113 injured
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 06:39:59 PM »
don't use the death of innocent people as a means for your "anti-islam" rhetoric

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 06:47:18 PM »
don't use the death of innocent people as a means for your "anti-islam" rhetoric

LMFAO!!!   

Bro - time to get out of academia and into the real world. 

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 06:51:13 PM »
LMFAO!!!    

Bro - time to get out of academia and into the real world. 

that really made you laugh when I said that people shouldn't use the death of innocents as a podium on which to give their opinions about the truth/falsity of a religion?

???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 06:54:14 PM »
that really made you laugh when I said that people shouldn't use the death of innocents as a podium on which to give their opinions about the truth/falsity of a religion?

???

Oh no of course not, same way 911 , Mumbai hotel massacre, dai.y beheadings, etc are in no way indicative of anything.     

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 06:55:04 PM »

Can you go away? You really don't contribute anything to any thread you post in beyond showing how naive and uninformed you are.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 06:58:27 PM »
Can you go away? You really don't contribute anything to any thread you post in beyond showing how naive and uninformed you are.

I think I contribute somewhat. I do admit I'm a dumbass though. But I think you are just saying that because I disagree with most of what you and your buddy 3333 post.

If I don't contribute anything to any thread, then I guess I should take lessons from 3333 about how to correctly contribute to a thread, for example:

Obama must have been pissed off he was missing tee time or party night. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 07:00:11 PM »
I think I contribute somewhat. I do admit I'm a dumbass though. But I think you are just saying that because I disagree with most of what you and your buddy 3333 post.

If I don't contribute anything to any thread, then I guess I should take lessons from 3333 about how to correctly contribute to a thread, for example:

You don't contribute anything. You're a naive ideologue who likes to make vague, sweeping rebuttals that don't contain any statistics, evidence or, for that matter, facts. We've got plenty of those types on here already.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 07:01:33 PM »

I offered a viable explanation why Obama walked out.   Why the hate?    ;D

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 07:03:15 PM »
You don't contribute anything. You're a naive ideologue who likes to make vague, sweeping rebuttals that don't contain any statistics, evidence or, for that matter, facts. We've got plenty of those types on here already.

If I don't make statistical arguments, then why should I supply statistical evidence? Not every thread or post calls for statistical evidence, and I've already shown that some people cannot correctly interpret statistical evidence, so in cases like that it would be pointless.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 07:04:57 PM »
The only good thing is the Indians really really really hate the friggin Pakistani's with an undying passion and they really wanted to nuke the dogshit out of them. We talked them off a cliff on the last one and I don't think it will work this time..should links to the ISI be proven. Magoo...u have your head in the sand. The only good muslim is...one enjoying his 70 virgins.
L

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 07:06:30 PM »
The only good thing is the Indians really really really hate the friggin Pakistani's with an undying passion and they really wanted to nuke the dogshit out of them. We talked them off a cliff on the last one and I don't think it will work this time..should links to the ISI be proven. Magoo...u have your head in the sand. The only good muslim is...one enjoying his 70 virgins.

The problem is India has a lot more to lose than Pakistan. They're on their way to being a superpower while Pakistan can't go any lower.