Author Topic: Restaurant Bans Kids, Wins Fans  (Read 1523 times)

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
Re: Restaurant Bans Kids, Wins Fans
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2011, 06:26:26 AM »
The thing that we REALLY TRULY NEED.... is an airline that bans not just kids, but all talking on a plane.  Seriously.

If I have to listen to any more random fuckass strangers talk to each other about their stupid fucking kids while I'm trying to get some sleep on a 4.5 hour flight to LA.... I swear....

The only talking allowed on an airplane should be giving the stewardess your order. Nothing more.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 06:30:37 AM »
I live in a country where people adore kids.

I come from a country where people treat kids like a social disease.

Where I live - if you walk into a restaurant with a 2 year old kid, chances are a waitress will whisk the kid away for some or all of the duration of your stay.

Where I used to live, if you walk into a restaurant with a child, you hear people complaining the moment you walk in the door.

A lot of the people complaining will have their own kids one day and be taking their 'brats' to a restaurant. How the tables will turn that day.

Fact is - there are a lot of miserable girls in the future third world countries of the US and the UK and there are other 'less developed' countries with pro-kid cultures where you can enjoy a cheap meal in good company where children are understood.

Makes you wonder if the way children are treated like herpes in the UK & the US is part of the reason for the steady demise of those places.

My child - in a restaurant - for you viewing pleasure:

I'm more interested in your hardwood flooring, and the bar stools.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2011, 09:13:35 AM »
I live in a country where people adore kids.

I come from a country where people treat kids like a social disease.

Where I live - if you walk into a restaurant with a 2 year old kid, chances are a waitress will whisk the kid away for some or all of the duration of your stay.

Where I used to live, if you walk into a restaurant with a child, you hear people complaining the moment you walk in the door.

A lot of the people complaining will have their own kids one day and be taking their 'brats' to a restaurant. How the tables will turn that day.

Fact is - there are a lot of miserable girls in the future third world countries of the US and the UK and there are other 'less developed' countries with pro-kid cultures where you can enjoy a cheap meal in good company where children are understood.

Makes you wonder if the way children are treated like herpes in the UK & the US is part of the reason for the steady demise of those places.

My child - in a restaurant - for you viewing pleasure:

When my child was young we could take him into a place and know he would behave. Why? Because when he first started throwing tantrums in public he learned it wasn't a safe place from a spanking. Didn't take but a couple test trials for him to confirm it. After that, no issues. We didn't have to find a sitter, he learned his boundaries, and was a pleasure to be around..It helps when parents are sensitive to other people around them.

I don't "adore" your child if she is throwing food, crying for her sippy cup, and chances are, no one else around you does...

but your baby is a cutie  :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2011, 09:16:48 AM »
I travel a lot  I will put up around 30k this year.  I hate crying babies.  but as far anything else,  ear bud style head phones work great as ear plugs.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2011, 12:01:48 PM »
When my child was young we could take him into a place and know he would behave. Why? Because when he first started throwing tantrums in public he learned it wasn't a safe place from a spanking. Didn't take but a couple test trials for him to confirm it. After that, no issues. We didn't have to find a sitter, he learned his boundaries, and was a pleasure to be around..It helps when parents are sensitive to other people around them.

I don't "adore" your child if she is throwing food, crying for her sippy cup, and chances are, no one else around you does...

Word.  My oldest did the Curly shuffle one time in public.  I dealt with it swiftly.  Never happened again.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2011, 12:02:40 PM »
I travel a lot  I will put up around 30k this year.  I hate crying babies.  but as far anything else,  ear bud style head phones work great as ear plugs.   

Yeah.  Same here.  Music and movies drown out most anything. 

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2011, 04:09:54 PM »

Parenting 101...bust that ass.  I wish more were like you.  I applaud your parenting style.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2011, 11:39:14 PM »
The parents find it amusing when the kids run about harrassing people; only the people don't find it amusing.
It's called lack of parenting. Many parents today don't teach their children manners or "going out behavior"...and many parents either don't care or don't have manners themselves...I was at a sushi restaurant one time and a middle aged man was wearing a hat in there...he knew better, but hen again, his son told his own mother to shut up.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2011, 11:42:31 PM »

Amen, my mom gave that look---and she used to have a saying, "If you ar going show off, I am going show off too...and I am a tough act to follow."

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 04:14:21 AM »

Indeed...

Here's the issue - some kids are assholes. Some adults are too. I'm all for them being thrown our when they act up - babies AND adults.

My eldest is 9 - he's been eating out since he was 0. He's been associating with adults since he was 0. He's mature and polite.According to most adults we meet, he's a pleasant person to talk to. This is because we haven't had him hidden away from adults or adult activities such as eating out. He speaks to people as equals, he knows no other way. On the other hand, he knows full well what a spanked ass feels like.

Fortunately, I live in a country where you can spank your children. In the UK, where I am from, it is illegal to hit your own children. Children there are little wankers because they know there is no punishment.

I was caned  on 3 separate occasions at school. I recall 'fondly' one occasion where my father picked me up by the throat, pinned me to the wall and said "do you want to work all your life in a factory like I did?". He had a point, he scared the life out of me, it was a turning point. Nowadays, he could go to jail for dishing out the same tough live.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2011, 04:54:27 AM »
Indeed...

Here's the issue - some kids are assholes. Some adults are too. I'm all for them being thrown our when they act up - babies AND adults.

My eldest is 9 - he's been eating out since he was 0. He's been associating with adults since he was 0. He's mature and polite.According to most adults we meet, he's a pleasant person to talk to. This is because we haven't had him hidden away from adults or adult activities such as eating out. He speaks to people as equals, he knows no other way. On the other hand, he knows full well what a spanked ass feels like.

Fortunately, I live in a country where you can spank your children. In the UK, where I am from, it is illegal to hit your own children. Children there are little wankers because they know there is no punishment.

I was caned  on 3 separate occasions at school. I recall 'fondly' one occasion where my father picked me up by the throat, pinned me to the wall and said "do you want to work all your life in a factory like I did?". He had a point, he scared the life out of me, it was a turning point. Nowadays, he could go to jail for dishing out the same tough live.

I can assure you that lack of caning and hitting is not the reason why some children misbehave in the UK.
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2011, 11:20:45 AM »
Indeed...

I was caned  on 3 separate occasions at school. I recall 'fondly' one occasion where my father picked me up by the throat, pinned me to the wall and said "do you want to work all your life in a factory like I did?". He had a point, he scared the life out of me, it was a turning point. Nowadays, he could go to jail for dishing out the same tough live.

Good for you. 

We are becoming a nation of sissies.  I remember growing up how my teachers, the vp, and the principal all used corporal punishment (which paled in comparison to the punishment I'd get at home if I misbehaved).  Now you have parents going to jail for spanking their kids.   :-\

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2011, 05:23:44 PM »
I can assure you that lack of caning and hitting is not the reason why some children misbehave in the UK.

Are you saying that their gums hurt maybe?  I have seen some messed up teeth from people in European countries.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2011, 06:01:08 PM »
Are you saying that their gums hurt maybe?  I have seen some messed up teeth from people in European countries.

No, just that many modern studies show that children learn better and behave better without the threat of violence.
I hate the State.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2011, 07:33:10 PM »
No, just that many modern studies show that children learn better and behave better without the threat of violence.

Modern studies said eating fats caused obesity at one time. I'm just saying that when the threat of the paddle at school existed, there was a more controlled atmosphere... could be coincidence.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 12:32:39 AM »
you reward go behavior and ou punish bad behavior---it can be progressive punishment...children will always test boundaries---especially with authority. One of a parents duties is to help guide a child in what is appropriate behavior when going out in public. If there are established guidelines beforehand, and they know that certain reprocussions will occur if bad beahvior is exhibited...then many times the child will not act up...yet, when they do (testing the parents authority), and they act up, and they are are "embarassed", they then realize that such behavior will NOT be tolerated.

today's modern "societies" aide in the degrading of the parent's authority, and aide in the bad beahvior of children---in such a degree that it is now the norm.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2011, 03:56:54 AM »
you reward go behavior and ou punish bad behavior---it can be progressive punishment...children will always test boundaries---especially with authority. One of a parents duties is to help guide a child in what is appropriate behavior when going out in public. If there are established guidelines beforehand, and they know that certain reprocussions will occur if bad beahvior is exhibited...then many times the child will not act up...yet, when they do (testing the parents authority), and they act up, and they are are "embarassed", they then realize that such behavior will NOT be tolerated.

today's modern "societies" aide in the degrading of the parent's authority, and aide in the bad beahvior of children---in such a degree that it is now the norm.

Of course there are ways to punish children but but if I had a child and it were misbehaving in a restaurant I would immediately take it home, no meal and no fun, confined to the room. Then they know that they are not going to be able to act that way and still get what they want. You don't need to beat children in order to show them boundaries. I father used to whack me with a belt (when he was drunk), sometimes with the buckle. All it created was hatred and resentment.
I hate the State.

newmom

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 04:00:45 AM »
Pedro, what a doll she is, look at that cute face. Bless her and your family.

I agree, it's how they are raised. Parents that allow that, I bet those kids run rampant at home. They're probably the type of parents that will cook their kids 5 different meals till they eat one (not my cup of tea of parenting but to each it's own).

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2011, 07:47:45 AM »
Of course there are ways to punish children but but if I had a child and it were misbehaving in a restaurant I would immediately take it home, no meal and no fun, confined to the room. Then they know that they are not going to be able to act that way and still get what they want. You don't need to beat children in order to show them boundaries. I father used to whack me with a belt (when he was drunk), sometimes with the buckle. All it created was hatred and resentment.

Whatever works for you. I picked a couple swats on the butt verses forgoing my meal and fun and got great results. If you got great results immediatly leaving the place without eating, taking him home and putting him in his room, cool.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2011, 07:49:27 AM »

A father whacking you with a belt when he was drunk, sometimes with the buckle is not equivelant to a sober parent, metting out controlled spankings to a child when the child knew the consequences prior to the discipline. FYI