Author Topic: Divorce: Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony  (Read 2119 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Divorce: Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony
« on: July 15, 2011, 05:45:49 PM »
Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony call it quits

Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony, a superstar couple who turned their personal union into a veritable professional brand, announced Friday that they are ending their seven-year marriage.

In a statement to The Associated Press from Lopez's publicist, the pair called the move to end their marriage a "very difficult decision."

They said they have come to an "amicable decision" on all matters and asked for privacy.

It's Lopez's third marriage, Anthony's second. The couple are parents to 3-year-old twins, Max and Emme.

Lopez's last public appearance was at Saturday's BAFTA event in Los Angeles with Prince William and Kate, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Tongues wagged when the singer/actress/American Idol judge turned up with her mother instead of her husband.

The split comes as a surprise to celebrity watchers. As recently as March, Lopez, 41, told USA TODAY that she and Anthony, 42, "challenge each other in a way that only the two of us could.It's awesome."

Last month, Anthony joked with USA TODAY about the cheeky rapport he and Lopez share with his Hawthorne co-star Jada Pinkett Smith and her husband, Will Smith. And in February, a grinning Lopez told E! Online, in front of her husband, that more kids were likely in the cards: "I think Marc would like to have more kids. We talk about it."

No doubt fans will be combing the lyrics of her latest album, Love?, for clues. (Sample lyric: "I was down for the count, feeling like I've come to the end.") Still, she told USA TODAY in March, "This is not a negative album in any way. It's really a great dance-pop-urban album that talks about all of the different facets of love in all its glory and all its pain."

Last year, Lopez told USA TODAY that the record "is such a big thing for me. The whole examination of love and what that is, the state of that today, I just feel the dialogue for that needs to be open. That's kind of a little bit of my goal with this record."

Back then, she talked about forging a professional identity separate from her husband, after being nearly inseparable from him for the past five years.

"The first two years we were kind of in wedded bliss. The third and fourth year, we just did everything together. He produced my album. We did the movie. We went on tour. We had the babies. We just got to the point, after the babies were born, when we realized that he has a responsibility to his fans and I have a responsibility to my fans," she says. "We still are two individual entities and artists, and we have to go off and do our things again."

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Divorce: Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 10:43:55 PM »
hahahhahahahahhahaha, gay marriage is some how validated...;)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 07:19:47 AM »
 :(
R

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 10:26:42 AM »
I was hoping they would make it.  :'(

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 03:40:09 AM »
You know as well as I did that it wouldn't---she seems to be a very needy woman. Not uppity, not stuck up, but NEEDY.

And he seems like the type has hid a few bodies in the backyard....that type of combo doesn't last....one needs a shovel, the other needs attention. It 's only so long before one gives...

newmom

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 03:40:59 AM »

this.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 06:05:47 AM »
You know as well as I did that it wouldn't---she seems to be a very needy woman. Not uppity, not stuck up, but NEEDY.

And he seems like the type has hid a few bodies in the backyard....that type of combo doesn't last....one needs a shovel, the other needs attention. It 's only so long before one gives...

Have your relationships (past the age of 21) lasted more than seven years?

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 04:09:29 PM »
i can fill her needs

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 12:36:04 AM »
I never thought they were a good couple. Way back when there were rumors he was abusive and controlling and although I'm sure it's just Hollywood gossip, I've always had that image of him in my head.

njanvi

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 12:14:18 PM »
Not too sound like I have a double standard, but just look at how long the list is for her over the past 15 years. Clearly she has issues if she goes through men like baby outfits

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 12:53:00 AM »
A lot of these celebs seem to be a bit wacky in their heads. Besides their talent I don't think they are really that interesting.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 11:22:56 PM »
Not too sound like I have a double standard, but just look at how long the list is for her over the past 15 years. Clearly she has issues if she goes through men like baby outfits
Never trust a big butt and smile----
"Poison" , Bell, Biv, Devoe

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 12:49:53 AM »
Have your relationships (past the age of 21) lasted more than seven years?

Nope. I started a relationship with the woman who would later become my wife when I was eighteen and she was twenty. We married when I was just twenty and she was twenty-one after living together for about a year. We are still married and living together after nearly forty-seven years. Would we have had a successful marriage had we met and married later? Who knows?

Interestingly enough, our son married at twenty-two and is still married to the same woman twenty-two years later. Our daughter married at twenty and is still married to the same man fifteen years later.

Our family's success with early marriages lasting is unusual I think. Most people would say it is better to wait until one is more settled/mature to marry....maybe not. Maybe there is something bonding about growing up together.

Interesting you use the seven year measure. What's that we hear about "the seven year itch?"