Author Topic: Slin PWO shake gut bombs  (Read 1280 times)

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
Slin PWO shake gut bombs
« on: July 18, 2011, 04:51:11 PM »
I've used slin plenty of times and never had any issues with going hypo. The issue I have is the f-ing shakes and how they feel like a brick in my stomach. I usually use dextrose or karbolyn along with bcaa's, eaa's and creatine all in powder form. 30 minutes or so after drinking this my stomach feels like a piece of cement is in there and it is next to impossible to eat. What do you guys drink? I was thinking of trying just pineapple juice and a couple scoops of protein. Any suggestions from the slin regulars?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Slin PWO shake gut bombs
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 06:46:57 PM »
sounds like your not taking in enough water with the dextrose. it shouldnt cause that issue.  karbolyn on the other hand, i do believe is a much thicker, slower carb that sits in the stomach longer and make you feel hevaier. same with vitargo/waxy.

why not eat some chicken and rice..

lesaucer

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 06:58:16 PM »
throw those shakes in the garbage and eat a good home cooked meal right after your shots

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 07:03:28 PM »
sounds like your not taking in enough water with the dextrose. it shouldnt cause that issue.  karbolyn on the other hand, i do believe is a much thicker, slower carb that sits in the stomach longer and make you feel hevaier. same with vitargo/waxy.

why not eat some chicken and rice..

You may be right. I probably don't put in enough water, but I guess I just never thought of that. As far as just eating something, if I have something made or a quick meal I'll just eat. But I live a good little bit from my gym and don't wanna be one of those Tupperware guys you see carrying their food around. I'll try adding more water but would like to hear what other guys do as well as far as shakes.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 07:17:13 PM »
for a shake..  it depends when your other meals are... you dont need any protien in the shake if your eating enough at the other meals..     but if you do then add in 1-2 scoops of an isolate along with ~10 grams of carbs per iu of slin..  slowly sip the shake starting 5-10 minutes after you inject and finish it up about an hour and a half later.

lesaucer

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 09:18:21 PM »
You may be right. I probably don't put in enough water, but I guess I just never thought of that. As far as just eating something, if I have something made or a quick meal I'll just eat. But I live a good little bit from my gym and don't wanna be one of those Tupperware guys you see carrying their food around. I'll try adding more water but would like to hear what other guys do as well as far as shakes.

how far do you live from there? i drive 30mins to get home, take a shower, then take slin, eat my meal, sip pineapple juice. no need to stress and inject in your gym locker room bro

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 09:53:43 PM »
how far do you live from there? i drive 30mins to get home, take a shower, then take slin, eat my meal, sip pineapple juice. no need to stress and inject in your gym locker room bro

About 30 minutes as well. I was thinking of doing exactly what you described but never heard any real world experience. You hear most guys take it right after the workout and that's been preached forever. I'll try it your way and see how it goes. Thanks