Author Topic: Rise of the Planet of the Apes 2011  (Read 8793 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Rise of the Planet of the Apes 2011
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011, 09:30:38 AM »
Irish director.

lol there's your answer - all irish are useless feckers :D

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2011, 09:48:13 AM »
There you go ::) another gullible sad individual that falls for the Hollywood propaganda machine ::)

I cannot stand people that say - OH MAN HAVE YOU SEEN THE TRAILER FOR THAT MOVIE? IT LOOKS AWESOME!!

Fucking bullshit, trailers are made to look good - the better the trailer the worse the movie and the road of hollywood and
previous releases are littered with prove.

no jacka$$, i saw green lamp and thorn trailers and knew something sour was up.  captain fata$$ is a dogpile too.  you can't even hide BS in a trailer.  now, batman and 1st class are in another class.

Magneto  :o

Batman/Joker Classic! 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2011, 11:43:45 AM »
There you go ::) another gullible sad individual that falls for the Hollywood propaganda machine ::)

I cannot stand people that say - OH MAN HAVE YOU SEEN THE TRAILER FOR THAT MOVIE? IT LOOKS AWESOME!!

Fucking bullshit, trailers are made to look good - the better the trailer the worse the movie and the road of hollywood and
previous releases are littered with prove.
What the fuck do you know about me and my interests?

Get fucked, kid.
G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2011, 11:45:17 AM »
lol there's your answer - all irish are useless feckers :D
You just went on my list.
G

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2011, 11:48:56 AM »

Yes or No.

I'm liking the trailer, think it should be entertaining if anything.  it can't be a dud like green lamp and Thorn! 
i'm looking foreward to this one, what we need is an ape president.
F

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2011, 11:54:50 AM »
Rupert Wyatt is actually English. His first film was shot in Ireland. Rise of the Apes is his 2nd film.

theheman

• Getbig III
  • Her tetas were shaped like little pointy tortillas
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2011, 11:56:31 AM »
This movie actually seems to be a very touching and an entertaining movie.  I think it's something worth watching over the Internet but I'm not in a hurry though.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2011, 12:06:49 PM »
Do you really like the scene?
I thought the CGI was medium at best.

i'm no expert but it looked pretty good to my eyes.. the expressions on the apes face were very good, very human. pretty creepy actually

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 12:42:56 PM »
I opened this thread thinking my nabe in Da Bronx was risin up.   Bad on me.  sorry.   

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 12:54:18 PM »

This movie is clearly intended to scare all the white people.

;D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2011, 12:54:51 PM »
You just went on my list.

Oh I'm shaking im my fucking boots ::)

I do life in Ireland you are aware of that right? - ah what the hell judging your intellect I say you are completely oblivious to obvious trolling and sarcasm ::)

You bogtrotting fenian bastard

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2011, 03:28:08 PM »

I do life in Ireland you are aware of that right? - ah what the hell judging your intellect I say you are completely oblivious to obvious trolling and sarcasm ::)

Bahstad?

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2011, 03:58:22 PM »
Morons

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2011, 04:13:22 PM »

Suckers to the side. I know you hate my ninety eight.
G

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2011, 06:47:45 PM »
actually there are more chances mankind devolves into retards before monkeys and gorillas '' take over''  ::)

nice idea to show absolutely the whole fucking movie in the trailer too...

oh well.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2011, 07:50:18 PM »

I will smash your pecker in a fist fight!
G

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2011, 04:45:11 PM »
Apes From the Future, Holding a Mirror to Today
By TERRENCE RAFFERTY

THE evolution of species takes place over millenniums. Pop-culture franchises just don’t have that kind of time. Rupert Wyatt’s “Rise of the Planet of the Apes,” opening Aug. 5, is the seventh film about the peculiarly advanced simians invented by Pierre Boulle in his 1963 novel “Planet of the Apes” and the first in 10 years. The last “Apes” picture, directed by Tim Burton, was a remake of Franklin J. Schaffner’s original 1968 adaptation of the Boulle novel; the first film generated four sequels, a couple of TV series (one live action, one animated), a line of comic books and a jungleful of merchandise before the brand began to peter out, ceding its dominance to other, stronger market beasts like “Star Wars” and “Batman.” The apes had a nice run, but nothing lasts forever. Species die out. Empires fall. Profits decline. New heads of studios rise.

Boulle’s idea, though, is so powerful that it may be immune to the vicissitudes of natural — and even artificial — selection. He imagined an upside-down world in which apes, our ancestors, have become more civilized than humans and feel perfectly justified in treating us like dumb animals: hunting us for sport, keeping us in cages, using us as the subjects of extremely unpleasant scientific experiments. In the first “Planet of the Apes” movie, humans really don’t appear to deserve much respect: they can’t reason and don’t use language. When three American astronauts land on the planet, the apes understandably fail to distinguish these new specimens from the unevolved species they’re accustomed to. One of the earthmen, named Taylor (Charlton Heston), tries to persuade his captors that he’s different, but it’s a heavy lift; the existence of an articulate, rational human is an affront to both ape science and ape religion. (The idea of Heston as the most evolved exemplar of the species may take some getting used to for nonsimians too.)

It’s a witty notion, of a kind that characterized old-school science fiction: the fantastic “what if?” premise that allows the writer to examine the conditions of his own time from a different perspective. The novel and the first movie, which had a screenplay by Michael Wilson and Rod Serling, came out at the height of the cold war, when bomb anxiety made the end of the humanity as we know it seem a not entirely fanciful notion. In the film’s famous final sequence, Taylor, having escaped from the apes, sees the head of the Statue of Liberty on the beach and realizes to his horror that he has been on a post-nuclear-holocaust Earth all along. (Thanks to relativity, his space odyssey has landed him a couple of thousand years into the future.) Nuclear worries may not be as high as they were in the 1960s, but the image still resonates. We know that our species hasn’t yet developed to the point where blowing ourselves up is unthinkable.

But most of the interest of the original “Planet of the Apes” and its sequels lies in their skewed, satiric take on human nature. The apes are disconcertingly like us, and it’s fun both to imagine them as better than we are and to watch their civilization developing some very familiar discontents. They have race and class issues and a rather rigid social hierarchy: orangutans rule, gorillas enforce, and chimpanzees do most of the intellectual work — subject to the approval of the orangutans, who sit in judgment like the Académie Française or the Holy Office. The chimp scientists who try to save Taylor are accused of heresy: the orangutans and the gorillas are, to an ape, staunch creationists.

In the four immediate sequels — “Beneath the Planet of the Apes” (1970), “Escape From the Planet of the Apes” (1971), “Conquest of the Planet of the Apes” (1972) and “Battle for the Planet of the Apes” (1973) — the back story of humankind’s demise and the apes’ ascent gets filled in a bit, with tricky timelines. In “Beneath,” whose action takes place not long after that of the original, Earth is destroyed a second time; in “Escape,” two chimp scientists who have managed to get off the planet before the cataclysm land back in Los Angeles in the 1970s, where they are greeted with the same sort of skepticism and fear that Taylor encountered in ape society. (The movie even borrows a few incidents and plot points from Boulle’s novel, transposing them from human to ape.) These chimps, Zira and Cornelius (Kim Hunter and Roddy McDowell), are a married couple and in the course of the movie have a baby. They’re the Adam and Eve of the super-apes, and in the two final installments their son, who calls himself Caesar (McDowell), leads his band of merry primates in battle against the steadily devolving humans.

The sequels are of wildly variable quality. “Beneath” and “Battle” are, in impressively varied ways, quite terrible; “Conquest,” a kind of simian “Battle of Algiers” with overtones of the late-’60s Los Angeles race riots, is fast paced and has a pleasing B-movie shamelessness to it. “Escape,” directed by Don Taylor, is actually pretty good; like the novel and the first film, it’s more about ideas (and jokes) than spectacular primate action.

Taken together the movies constitute a cleverly worked out and (mostly) consistent mythology: an alternative, hairier, book of Genesis. The new “Rise of the Planet of the Apes,” although it too features an überchimp named Caesar, consigns that bomb-based mythology to the dustbin of made-up history and instead attributes the origin of the super-species to genetic engineering: different anxieties for different times...

more http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/31/movies/a-new-film-in-the-planet-of-the-apes-line.html?hpw=&pagewanted=print

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2011, 04:47:35 PM »
Looks great, but lemme guess.......the apes end up taking over the planet.

Can't Hollywood stop rehashing so much and come up with something new?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2011, 12:42:34 PM »
apes rule
F

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2011, 04:23:04 AM »
apes rule
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2011, 10:58:15 PM »
I really hate it how these new films are killing the back stories.

literally they are taking old movie titles and writing new and completely different stories.  This sucks if you are old enough to remember the originals.  I still prefer the Charleston Heston versions.
I like the original movies but in the time frame of the story they are retelling here, I don't mind.  Conquest of the Planet of the Apes really wasn't very good.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2011, 10:22:56 AM »
Good movie
T