Author Topic: 2012 NFL  (Read 54542 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: 2011 NFL Free agency - The NFL has returned.
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 04:12:37 PM »
Phili getting Nnandi is just crazy with Samuel on the other side. I love the G-men picking up David Bass.  8)
D

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 04:28:44 PM »
Oh thats swell.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2011, 06:41:34 PM »
Oh thats swell.

And they have Dominique Rodgers-Cromatire.  >:(
D

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2011, 07:40:09 PM »
And they have Dominique Rodgers-Cromatire.  >:(

asante aswell if im correct.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2011, 07:45:37 PM »
asante aswell if im correct.

Phili getting Nnandi is just crazy with Samuel on the other side. I love the G-men picking up David Bass.  8)

8)
D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2011, 04:57:53 AM »
Philly got a good starting corner in return.  I actually think it was Arizona that overpaid.  Kolb hasn't done much in the NFL yet (because he hasn't had the opportunity). 
i'm hoping your right, but i don't see the logic sometimes eagles now picked up 3 cornerbacks and another problem child vince young. they paod out some pretty hefty cash already, but expect desean gamebreaker jackson to play for a measely 600 k. where's the logic?
F

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2011, 09:57:28 AM »
i'm hoping your right, but i don't see the logic sometimes eagles now picked up 3 cornerbacks and another problem child vince young. they paod out some pretty hefty cash already, but expect desean gamebreaker jackson to play for a measely 600 k. where's the logic?

I agree they need to lock Jackson up, but I like what they've done.  You can never have enough good corners. 

I like the Vince Young signing.  He'll be a quality backup. 

Didn't they also sign a DE? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2011, 10:11:03 AM »
Houston signs daniel manning and jonathan joseph to their secondary...if we keep pollard we may have a decent shot at the playoffs FINALLY!!!

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2011, 12:24:21 PM »
Peyton gets 90 Million for 5 years.  8)
D

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2011, 08:54:02 AM »
I agree they need to lock Jackson up, but I like what they've done.  You can never have enough good corners. 

I like the Vince Young signing.  He'll be a quality backup. 

Didn't they also sign a DE? 
yeah a guy they cut who went on to be an all-pro elsewhere now he's back.
F

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2011, 03:14:52 PM »
Still blown away as to how the Eagles gang raped the Cardinals in that trade. Rodgers-Cromartie is a damn good starting CB in the NFL. He's a playmaker. I think he has 3 career touchdowns in his four year career. Now you have Samuel and Nhamdi as your starters?? Wow. Who's going to be able to pass on the Eagles in man coverage??

Eagles 13-3 and taking the NFC East if Vick plays in all 16 games.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2011, 02:26:07 PM »
Eagles are still prone to the run.

giants resigned bradshaw 2yr/18$ mil

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2011, 03:47:17 PM »
Eagles are still prone to the run.

giants resigned bradshaw 2yr/18$ mil

That's why they signed Jason Babin and Cullen Jenkins. The Giants will finish second to the Eagles in the division. Maybe even behind Dallas.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2011, 05:23:34 PM »
Do you honestly think defensive coordinators are losing sleep over those two players? Hardly. Zone blocking all day.

Also, its been a year. Teams now have an idea on how to gameplan for that offense. I haven't looked at their schedule but I doubt they will be slaughtering teams like they have last year.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2011, 08:43:56 PM »
eh yo guts, whats the word on vonte leach up there?

are they looking to make him a goal line back or a blocking full back?

he was one of my favorite Texans players, the dude is a hoss and a half...you will enjoy watching him put ppl on their asses

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2011, 07:10:37 AM »
Do you honestly think defensive coordinators are losing sleep over those two players? Hardly. Zone blocking all day.

Also, its been a year. Teams now have an idea on how to gameplan for that offense. I haven't looked at their schedule but I doubt they will be slaughtering teams like they have last year.

Even so....12-13 wins and a division title for the Eagles. Sorry Giants fans.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2011, 07:15:11 AM »
eh yo guts, whats the word on vonte leach up there?

are they looking to make him a goal line back or a blocking full back?

he was one of my favorite Texans players, the dude is a hoss and a half...you will enjoy watching him put ppl on their asses

Yeah..I'm stoked that we acquired Leach. I've seen game film of that guy planting middle linebackers on their ass. If we can sign Le'ron Mclain to back up Rice at halfback, the Ravens running game will be deadly. Vonte Leach reminds me a lot of Lorenzo Neal. I'm excited about the Ravens running attack with this pickup. Leach will definitely be a blocking full back primarily. Might get some goalline touches but that depends on whether they can re-sign Mclain. I'm hopeful of that but it might be wishful thinking since he believes he's good enough to be a primary RB.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2011, 10:24:30 AM »
Even so....12-13 wins and a division title for the Eagles. Sorry Giants fans.

I think the giants and the eagles match up pretty well.

Week 16, despite an all time choke job (which was a fluke, but philly deserves every bit of credit.), the giants dominated the eagles for 3 quarters. It wasn't competative at all. Conservative playcalling by kevin killdrive and some blown coverage here and there, a line drive punt directly to desean, and the disaster that unfolded were the perfect storm for philly. The better team did not win that game.

I'm not suprised to see the giants being over looked by many though. They usually are not big FA players and they dont have a lot of flash or flamboyant personalities on the team. Even in the NY market they quitely go about their business. They just win.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2011, 10:51:24 AM »
I think the giants and the eagles match up pretty well.

Week 16, despite an all time choke job (which was a fluke, but philly deserves every bit of credit.), the giants dominated the eagles for 3 quarters. It wasn't competative at all. Conservative playcalling by kevin killdrive and some blown coverage here and there, a line drive punt directly to desean, and the disaster that unfolded were the perfect storm for philly. The better team did not win that game.

I'm not suprised to see the giants being over looked by many though. They usually are not big FA players and they dont have a lot of flash or flamboyant personalities on the team. Even in the NY market they quitely go about their business. They just win.

They didn't win shit last year. last time I checked they were home for the playoffs in 2010. But every season is different and who knows...maybe they'll surprise everybody.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2011, 12:44:31 PM »
They didn't win shit last year. last time I checked they were home for the playoffs in 2010. But every season is different and who knows...maybe they'll surprise everybody.

So because they didnt make it to the post season, despite winning 10 games, they won't amount to much this year? Haha.

The seahawks made it to the post season with a 7-9 record LOL.

Yeah seatle is going places this year  ::). Look out for them in 2011!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2011, 01:14:28 PM »
So because they didnt make it to the post season, despite winning 10 games, they won't amount to much this year? Haha.

The seahawks made it to the post season with a 7-9 record LOL.

Yeah seatle is going places this year  ::). Look out for them in 2011!

10 wins wasn't good enough to get in from the NFC East. But 7-9 was good enough to win a horrible division. You're comparing apples to oranges dude. Sure they won 10 games last season but how is that a guarantee that they're going to be better in 2011? Every season is different and any team can come out of nowhere.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2011, 01:19:26 PM »
10 wins wasn't good enough to get in from the NFC East. But 7-9 was good enough to win a horrible division. You're comparing apples to oranges dude. Sure they won 10 games last season but how is that a guarantee that they're going to be better in 2011? Every season is different and any team can come out of nowhere.

Love the Avatar.  :D
D

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2011, 01:42:57 PM »

I'm using your logic.

You said the giants didn't win shit last year. Obviously you were responding to my last bit about the giants being overlooked.

Guess what, seattle made it to the post season at 7-9. Does that mean people are looking out for them this year? Of course not.

Nobody is saying the giants will be better this year. But to say they're irrelevant because they didn't play in the playoffs is just dumb.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2011, 02:01:35 PM »
Eagles grabbed ronnie brown. 1 Year deal.

Theyre just buying shit up left and right.  :D