Author Topic: Do you support brainwashing young kids like Americans do?  (Read 6704 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Do you support brainwashing young kids like Americans do?
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2011, 07:14:25 PM »
Discipline is good. Brainwashing isn't. And you can get guidience without having to menion "god" or "jesus".
BINGO!  You don't need the bible to teach good basic values, ethics and morals.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2011, 02:33:45 AM »
People try to "will" themselves through religion. In reality they are just scared of the possibility of the nothing that awaits them upon death.  People needed guidance 2,000+ years ago on how to live a good life, these days it should come naturally.  Ask the families of the 85 kids that died what they think of god now.  It has always been a mixture of luck, and natural selection.  I am not religious nor am I an athiest, I am a wait n seeist.

That's called Agnosticism  ;)

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2011, 02:38:04 AM »
Don't listen then. No one said you have to listen to any pastor preacher or whatever. If you don't like it good you don't have to do it. Why bitch about it some much though.

I have the ability not to listen. Because I'm a grown up and I wasn't forced to listen to this as a kid. And most people didn't have a choice either before secularism kicked some religious asses and kept them to a more restrained circle. But I have to say that I agree to a large extent with Uberman: there are different types of determinism and we all face that, religious or not.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2011, 02:39:24 AM »
BINGO!  You don't need the bible to teach good basic values, ethics and morals.
[/quote

I want to live by the morals swede grew up with and assault drunk people and steal from them and then live off the gubment.  Much better than living by decent morals.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2011, 08:11:40 AM »
everytime an indvidual opens his mouth and attempt to influence someone else by gathering or putting informations into his mind, it's a brainwashing process. This thread is stupid.

We are all a sum of conditionnings that for the most parts we didnt even choose. The first one being born at some random place when others are born somewhere else. So much for freedom of choice...

I respectfully disagree. There is a difference in brainwashing and voicing an opinion or attempting to influence a person. Brainwashing would cause a person to strap a bomb on themselves and blow up themselves and others. Brainwashing would cause a kidnapped victim to not let a police officer know they were kidnapped years ago when asked. Brainwashing would cause people to drink poisoned kool-aid.

I don't think voicing your opinion that gold is a good investment over stocks is brainwashing.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »
Some people do not understand the concept of brainwashing. We are all brainwashed, to some degree.

Raising a child from birth to "believe" in god is considerable brainwashing. Religion of any kind is a cult.

What I see in that video is pure and simply abuse. These children are not able to fend off the advances of adults committed to programming their young minds to function as theirs do.

Disgusting.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2011, 11:08:03 AM »
Some people do not understand the concept of brainwashing. We are all brainwashed, to some degree.

Raising a child from birth to "believe" in god is considerable brainwashing. Religion of any kind is a cult.

What I see in that video is pure and simply abuse. These children are not able to fend off the advances of adults committed to programming their young minds to function as theirs do.

Disgusting.

I remember watching a documentary on the preacher that pickets military and gay funerals (Phelps). The kids were all parroting the same bigotry and hatred their parents were....it was sad really that those kids will be messed up in the head for years to come without professional help.  They were speaking of things they knew nothing about as if they were experts on it. The obnoxious, pompous attitudes were already in place.

heycomedy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2011, 11:36:07 PM »
Why isn't polytheism and capitalism taught?  I like that combo over 1 god stuff.

Single god stuff is not the antipode to communism.

I prefer muliplicity.

I reccomend it.
capitalism baby!