Author Topic: Ric Flair  (Read 10014 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Re: Ric Flair
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 06:36:28 PM »
Nobody busts a man in the chops like Ric Flair.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 06:45:54 PM »
Even though I like soccer, I have to agree with your comment.  Windmills and wooden shoes are plenty gay. 

Even when Flair got pwned, he still stole the show  (skip to about 1:30)

Damn I miss those days!!!

That was wrestling of my youth right there. Thanks!

Flair still sounds the same!!! So great!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 06:51:21 PM »
Damn I miss those days!!!

That was wrestling of my youth right there. Thanks!

Flair still sounds the same!!! So great!

tu.....I knew I always liked you..... 8)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 07:23:32 PM »
Great stuff, Andy.  Most of these guys just don't get what old school Mid-Atlantic wrestling was.  Pure entertainment.

Interestingly enough, it was my grandmother - Ivy-league educated, teacher/counselor, church benefactor, daughter of a preacher, etc - who got me into wrestling.  I'd come in on Saturday evenings and she'd have Mid-Atlantic on.  Good times, man, good times.  When she first got cable TV and got TBS, she suddenly had access to twice as much TV wrestling. :)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 07:39:33 PM »
Interestingly enough, it was my grandmother - Ivy-league educated, teacher/counselor, church benefactor, daughter of a preacher, etc - who got me into wrestling.  I'd come in on Saturday evenings and she'd have Mid-Atlantic on.  Good times, man, good times.  When she first got cable TV and got TBS, she suddenly had access to twice as much TV wrestling. :)

haha, yes Tre.... you know what we are talking about !!  i remember after only watching Mid-atlantic and then getting calbe and hearing Gordon Solie for the first time....

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2011, 02:42:49 AM »
haha, yes Tre.... you know what we are talking about !!  i remember after only watching Mid-atlantic and then getting calbe and hearing Gordon Solie for the first time....

I still refer to a suplex as a "su-PLAY" in his honor...

Other terms of his I fondly remember:  "front chancery" (front facelock)..."pier sixer"..."Mr. Wrestling II is on the scene!!!" 
~

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2011, 02:54:48 AM »
When I was about the age of 10, I had the Flair entrance song recorded on tape.
When Mom would call me to come downstairs for dinner, I would play the tape as I made my approach from the landing.
Company always appreciated that.
Damn, that funny, i used to come down acting like Brutus The Barber Beefcake--with that slow walk and two fingered "scissor" movement...

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2011, 02:59:13 AM »
Damn, that funny, i used to come down acting like Brutus The Barber Beefcake--with that slow walk and two fingered "scissor" movement...
When one of my friwends calls to my house and I see him walkin up the garden I put on Hulk Hogans song I am a real American on the iphone
Never gets old