Author Topic: NPC USA - More info than you need to know.  (Read 9942 times)

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
Re: NPC USA - More info than you need to know.
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 06:46:57 PM »
Thankfully the pigs in Vegas aren't as anal about steroids as they are about other drugs, or they'd be picking everyone up for "internal possession" lol.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 06:51:33 PM »
Sorry gh15 but Steve kulco will get his pro card here.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2011, 11:14:34 PM »
Some Friday evening prejudging shots ...

Kuclo definitely appears to get the overall ....

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2011, 11:17:23 PM »
With Tamer possibly close behind ......

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2011, 11:23:30 PM »
And this year's Cal winner (Nunez???) a possibility also. But I'm overlooking many others who may be placing high on the official score sheet.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2011, 02:26:25 AM »
Will this be the 2011 Overall NPC USA winner?
Elevate Your Image.™

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2011, 06:19:33 AM »
Thanks for that better shot. LIFT!

Best GUESS is a "Yes" guess!!

I had to leave early and pick up late arrivals at the airport around 8:30 PM. What time did Friday night prejudging wrap up?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2011, 06:44:51 AM »
G_THANG ... In LIFT's prejudging post you said ....."like i said, he'll get his pro card, but didn't make the improvements he should have, given he was down in Arlington and Plano."

If you were commenting on KUCLO .... that was the general consensus of opinion from many who expected him to be in a bit better condition for this IFBB qualifying event.

It's going to be interesting to see what the 'experts' have to say when it's all over.

Some say he'll be in top shape in tonite's finals as 24 hours will make a hell of a difference.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't take the overall though .... but it'll be a 'sign' that the judges agree with ya if he doesn't.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2011, 07:13:06 AM »
Some of you GETBIGGERS 'complain' about the use of tanning products in BB contests and/or how bad the contestants appear in photos taken at the weigh-in which can be 24 hours before their initial line-up on stage,

Here's an attempt to show you the 'difference' tanning products can make and how much a conditioning-differene 24 hours makes.

First shot was taken of Kuclo  at approximately 8 PM during Thursday night's weigh-in process at the Embassy Suites site,

Second photo was taken approximately 24 hours later at Ham Hall during the prejudging phase of the event.

And I'll do my best to post a shot of Kuclo which I plan to take at the finals in an attempt to show ya one contender's vast improvement over a very short period of time.

Maybe LIFT will help with this basic demonstration cause he has a better camera and is closer to the stage.

And sometimes it can work in the reverse order.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2011, 07:28:50 AM »
Oh, yea! I forgot to say that CHICK was notably absent, but GRANT was present at his booth greeting one and all. I'll do my best to post some lobby shots tonite.

CHICK, Are you in da house?

Also .... a side note ....

Hawaii's Johnny Ligsay competed once again this year which most likely sets a record for the most number of times one contestant has entered the same event. I don't know how he'll place but he should get a trophy for that alone.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2011, 10:09:39 AM »
Will this be the 2011 Overall NPC USA winner?
Yes Kuclo will the over all. The LHW guy Lenyn that is posted will be about 5th, he messed up his final prep, bc he looked a lot better than that 1 week ago..

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2011, 11:57:25 AM »
Some of you GETBIGGERS 'complain' about the use of tanning products in BB contests and/or how bad the contestants appear in photos taken at the weigh-in which can be 24 hours before their initial line-up on stage,

Here's an attempt to show you the 'difference' tanning products can make and how much a conditioning-differene 24 hours makes.

First shot was taken of Kuclo  at approximately 8 PM during Thursday night's weigh-in process at the Embassy Suites site,

Second photo was taken approximately 24 hours later at Ham Hall during the prejudging phase of the event.

And I'll do my best to post a shot of Kuclo which I plan to take at the finals in an attempt to show ya one contender's vast improvement over a very short period of time.

Maybe LIFT will help with this basic demonstration cause he has a better camera and is closer to the stage.

And sometimes it can work in the reverse order.

no ,, there is lack of conditioning due to usage of insulina and hgh in higher doses,, mainly insulina,, he is good yes,, he will do well ,, he will win pro card,, he as i said will do very well in the pros,, but! he is best out of generation of failures,, as sad as it is ,, no tan can help this,,and only thing that can is less insulina or nothign at all,, but! you take out insulina you take 30-40 lb off him which put him at 215...so you cant do it,,thats the problem,, but our of today way of competing...yes he is doing very well

gh15 approved
fallen angel

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2011, 07:18:31 AM »
Thanks, GH, for providing more info than we need to in accordance with the title of this topic.

Here are somf Finals shots ,,,, Due to lighting difficulties I had to run them through PhotoShop,....

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2011, 07:21:40 AM »
TAMER WINS PRO CARD...

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2011, 07:25:29 AM »
Random USA shots

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2011, 07:31:10 AM »
Anyone familiar?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2011, 07:40:46 AM »
Lenyn Nunez--- Most impressive new contender in this year's USA. I won't be surprised if he takes it in 2012.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2011, 09:19:46 AM »
love the arch in the back lol

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2011, 10:30:52 AM »
Kucklo looked great...he has that "tank" look...great legs too.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2011, 10:36:56 AM »
Moments of anticipation .... Awaiting that First Call Out

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2011, 01:01:37 PM »
I did my best to attend each day's NPC USA events and shot as many pictures as I could from the Peanut Gallery up front directly behind the officials and the official photographers.

I was directly behind Issac whose camera probably cost him 1,000's more than my $20 Kodak, so don't start comparing my shots to his.

It was kind of funny watching that whole row of national photographers because the combined movements of each of them appeared to be coordinated by a choreograher from a Bugsey Berkely movie as each of their picture-taking movements was somewhat identical.

But that's more than ya need to know so ........

Most of you GetBiggers probably don't what to know the following either but here are the facts based on my personal observations .... And I am smart when it comes to 'observatons'. (Just ask any artillery commander if you ever run into one.)

MEN'S PHYSIQUE COMPETITION in a nutshell:

1. It was SWIFT. I didn't have a stop-watch but I think it was over in about 45 minutes.

2. It drew a good number of competitors. (Damn good beach bod competitors in most cases.)

3. The contestants had a good time and the audience (mostly family members and good friends) offered them their full support.

4. It reminded me of how exactly bodybuilding competitions started in the 60's. In fact these USA physique contestants were somewhat identical to the local event contestants back in those days. But actually these USA guys were a bit better than the local contenders back then.

5. A few of them most likely own local home-town bodybuilding titles.

6. And last of all it gave most of the camera guys and gals and those who were not interested in Physique guys in brightly colored, knee length shorts, a well earned break before the start of the next event.

I say "local contests" in #4 above ... but in most cases these USA Physique contenders had better builds than even most of those early year NATIONAL-contending bodybuilders.

This new Physique Division is going to be very popular and draw even more people into the venue to see the Bodybuilding Competitions.

Some GetBiggers think that bodybuilding comps are dieing out, but that was no-way evident this past weekend. The auditorium appeared to be almost full for each and every event and the booth exhibitors were kept very busy.

In my humble opinion this NPC event and others like it will just keep on continuing to grow despite some GetBigger's opinions .... and now with this new Physique Division competition underway .... those contenders who fail to do as well as they expected within the bodybuilding rhelm can trim down a bit and enter the Physique events.

But haterz gotta hate, so keep on truck'n.

AND enventually these Phsique contenders will be offered some worthwhile contracts by the supplement industry.

Photos to follow.... Trouble posting photos right now

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2011, 05:30:50 PM »
Overall - Steve Kuclo  - No doubt that he would win this one this year.

Jonathan Delarosa - I never met Jonathan and had no idea how good this guy was. Not sure if I even took his photo while he was on stage. Gotta search.

Tamer El-Guindy - Another competitor whom I knew would get a pro card this time out. He barely missed it a couple of years ago and on that occasion he told me, "I'll be back better than ever!"

We sat with Tamer's mom and dad and brother and each of them knew that Kuclo deserved the overall but they also felt that their son's pro card was was definitely within his reach this time out. A very nice family who is most supportive. I run into them every time Tamer competes.

Luis Santa  - I never met Luis either but I kind of though he would be victorious the moment he came on stage.

Gonna do my best to see if I shot these winners and post them here.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2011, 06:10:55 PM »
Here's some more stuff that you probably don't want to read about, but it might be best to pay attention in case there is an exam at the end.

During the prejudging on Friday night we were sitting up front with a few of the Pros and each of us was making comments about some of the better competitors who were appearing on stage looking much less than their best.

And on more than one occasion the primary comments was, "What's wrong with these guys!? The7y look two weeks out!"

But one of the more intelligent pros who had "been there, done that" kept on saying, "They're doing fine but you're gonna see one hell of an improvement at the finals tomorrow night!"

And sure enough we did see ONE HELL OF AN IMPROVEMENT AT THE FINALS THE NEXT NIGHT!

ONE HELL  of an "iIMPROVED" improvement!

But I'm not sure any photo can show the improvements that the naked eye can see.

BUT ....  it's evident to me that today's competitors possess a greater degree of knowledge regarding contest prep than the pros of the recent past.

Many years ago a good friend of mine whom you all also know .... showed up to Guest Pose at one of our events and as soon as he got off that plane we knew we were in trouble .... cause he looked like SHIT.

All he said was, "I know! I Know! I look like shit, but lock me up in my hotel room for three days and I guarantee ya that I'll bring down the house!"

So we locked him up and three days later I knocked on the door and fell back three steps because this wasn't the same Guest Poser we picked up at the airport!"

And two hours later .... he did bring down the house!

But what once took three, now takes one and even better results are done .....  by these 'new kids on the block'.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2011, 07:27:02 PM »
JACK T, It's strange that you mentioned 'Police Officers' at the USA venue on 'official business' because when I first entered the venu for one of the prejudging events .... there were two Police Officers in full battle array having a polite discussion with some UNLV person of authority.

I was just about to give myself up ... but they merely nodded, turned, and departed the facility.

Moral of this story ... Never surrender without a fight ... or something like that.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2011, 01:57:40 AM »
More shots.

I'd appreciate it if the GetBig lady haterz not post adverse  comments .... as a few of the ladies had to overcome some great  physical difficulties to prepare for this event and did it in an attempt to show others with medical complications what could be done.