Author Topic: Single Dietary Change  (Read 4908 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Single Dietary Change
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 05:06:50 PM »
C'mon, get it right Montague... Snickers ice cream is all you need!  It's packed with peanuts bro!   ;D

That's right!

Where's my fukkin' thinking-cap?

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 01:01:49 AM »
I've been on keto as long as 5 weeks.   Steak and eggs is only the first 5-6 days or until the keto sticks shows a deep level of ketosis (dark purple reading) I then back off the meat a bit and substitute in salmon and chicken and eggs. (leaner proteins)  I still try to have meat at least once a day though on keto.    Energy levels are adequate as long as I keep my workouts to 45 minutes or less.  

I found that my body responds far better to protein via solid foods (steak, chicken, fish, etc) as opposed to liquid proteins (protein drinks).   I find the thermogenic effects from eating solid foods can't be beat, so I don't consume protein shakes at all any more.   Just good old fashioned real food from the grocery store is all I need to get myself into single digit-bodyfat levels.  That and a good workout routine.

Do you do CKD, TKD, or just straight keto? Have you felt any signs of your body adapting to keto yet? Has your rate of fat loss decreased any? Are you still burning fat?
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 01:08:53 AM »

How about cognition?
That is a concern of mine; I did strict "ZERO" carbs for two days & couldn't think for shit.
I've heard that many folks who experience the mental & physical lethargy only have it for the first few days.
Unfortunately, I could not afford at that time to find out if I am one of those who will overcome it.

I really had almost no problem. When I first went into ketosis, I had a very minor headache,  and the back of my head felt a little tight. But that quickly passed away after the first night. On my first workout, I was very tired and had a shortness of breath on my chest and back day, but since then my workouts have been non effected at all, and I really havent lost any strength. In fact, my strenght keeps going up. And Im doing German Volume Training - ten sets of the same exercise.

What might have helped me is that I started out at a good maintenance dose of 200 grams of carbs a day, and took 2 months to gradually taper off my carbs until I eventually went into ketosis.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 09:46:42 PM »
Do you do CKD, TKD, or just straight keto? Have you felt any signs of your body adapting to keto yet? Has your rate of fat loss decreased any? Are you still burning fat?

Initially, it's straight keto (steak & eggs) until I get into deep ketosis.  For me, this first phase usually lasts 5 days. I then add plenty of fibrous carbs with a carb load of starchy carbs every 3rd day until I get into single digit bodyfat levels.  I then go on a maintenance diet and incorporate cheat meals. I do this pretty much every year from April through Sept.  Body starts adapting the leaner I get.  And yes, I still burn fat.  Fall through winter I eat "normal" and then the process is repeated the following spring.  

Just for the purpose of experimentation, this year I preceded my diet with a 24 hour fast before starting with the first (steak & eggs) phase.   I was able to get into deep ketosis (dark purple on the keto sticks) in 4 days.  i.e. Sunday I fasted, Monday I started the eating plan, and by Thursday morning I was in deep ketosis.   Not sure if I will ever fast for 24 hours again, but it was interesting to see how my body would react to it.