Author Topic: IFBB Hartford - Finals Recap  (Read 8253 times)

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
IFBB Hartford - Finals Recap
« on: July 30, 2011, 07:29:06 PM »
Took the drive out to Hartford with fellow GB'er theEsquire today to check out my first pro show since the NY Pro the year Marvelous Melvin Anthony won it. I dunno, 2005 or 2006?

Anyway here's a recap for yo asses.

- Runningmom is a doll. She was there to support her friend Ripitupbaby (Lori Steele) in her first pro show and was kind enough to meet us and introduce us to some other people. Met Ron Harris and Bob Bonham who were both decent guys in person. She also baked 3 batches of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies and a shitload of cannolis, of which she gave some to us. Dee, you're all class!

- Said hello to Bob Chick and chewed the fat for a few minutes. I made sure to give a GetBig shoutout and to critique his suit (Dr. Evil suit with navy embroidered vest, powder blue check tie and two tone shoes complete with mid length pompadour haircut.) In all honesty, Bob has been super approachable and cool the few times I've met him, and he deserves big props for sticking around the Thunderdome all these years. He also does a great job as MC. Made a good "ketchup" joke about Heinz Senior, timed well and got a bunch of genuine laughs from the crowd.

- Met and spoke w Toney Freeman for a good 10 minutes about a variety of subjects. He was very likeable and well spoken as well as self confident. In the competition, he was clearly the best bodybuilder on stage, just 4 weeks out of shape to be able to win the show. But seriously, everyone else looks like an amateur next to him, development wise. Wish he came in 90% cuz that would be enough to hand everyone their asses.

- Spoke briefly with Jason Arntz, who looks lean and ready very early for the 202 O. Cordial and spent time to chat.

- Jose Raymond has the biggest ghona paws I've ever seen. And forearms. And calves. He looked like he was 240 lbs, 8 weeks out, with a double chin and neck rolls with veins on top of everything. Bizarre beast of a man. His hands were twice the size they should be for a man his size.

- Fahkri Muhbarrek (sp) is an enormous dinosaur midget. I can't even explain this to someone who hasn't seen it in person. Forearms defy physics. Calves are heinously huge. He was wearing a bedspread that looked tight on him. Just pukishly big.

- Evan Centopani dressed like a totally normal new dad dude who just happens to be like 290 lbs. Also, to be noted, looked totally comfortable in his own skin and not the least like a sweating, uncomfortable mess you'd expect from a mass monster. Also smiled a bunch. Congrats on the baby, Evan.

- Jeff Long got HOSED. Kid was diced to bits from the back. His calves shit on everyones so bad it's not funny. They had TEETH. Hams were razors, glutes in , back diced and arms huge. He just looked really good and I had him in 4th. Not sure where he ended up but it was out of the top 5.

- Mark Lavoie (Who?) somehow waltzed into second. I had him in like "who cares, not top 7". So yeah, he was wide as a house, and conditioned nicely... but he just wasn't impressive in person. When Will Harris was called out in 4th, we all laughed that this Lavoie stooge beat him. Then they called out Ben White in 3rd and we were like "Come Onnnnnnnnn..." Total gift to someone who is about to get smeared all over the O stage.

- Ben White was dry as a bone and could have won.

- Troy Alves was tight and shapely and deserved a win.

- Will Harris was no worse than 3rd.

- The Mo fella has oil in his calves and tri's so bad that they don't actually flex.

- The chick who got third in the womens BB contest... I couldn't beat her on every drug on earth. She got hosed too (although the winner was pretty effin good). The rest of the FBB's were "hard to look at".

- Mark Lavoie will probably win the O because nobody can figure out what's supposed to beat him.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
Re: Hartford/Europa finals
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 07:49:13 PM »
That's a hell of a recap ! Nice !! Very nice !! I'm actually surprised by World Harris's placing. He must've really tightened up lookin' at those pics we saw earlier in the week posted by Ron ! WOW ! How's his kidneys feel ? LOLOL !!

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 07:52:39 PM »
That's a hell of a recap ! Nice !! Very nice !! I'm actually surprised by World Harris's placing. He must've really tightened up lookin' at those pics we saw earlier in the week posted by Ron ! WOW ! How's his kidneys feel ? LOLOL !!

He was PISSED when his placing was called. He was not quite tight enough and has some imbalances in his structure from injuries but he also has a fair amount of "wow" factor in his size, shape and muscularity. Like I said, anywhere from 1-3 I wouldn't have peeped. This show was close in the top 4 with the exception of Lavoie who sucked someone off sooooo gooood.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 07:58:11 PM »
He was PISSED when his placing was called. He was not quite tight enough and has some imbalances in his structure from injuries but he also has a fair amount of "wow" factor in his size, shape and muscularity. Like I said, anywhere from 1-3 I wouldn't have peeped. This show was close in the top 4 with the exception of Lavoie who sucked someone off sooooo gooood.

LOL @ the Lavoie comment.

I'm lookin' forward to seein' the pics. Alves should be VERY, VERY happy with his win. And I say that because of his age. He's up there, if I recall. Should definitely motivate, if not inspire some future competitors to " go for the gold ", if you will. He's certainly impressed me. :)

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 08:14:10 PM »
Seemed like everyone in the top 6 or so was pushing or past 40. Not a lot of young guys in this show at all. HRT does wonders!

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 08:20:09 PM »
Seemed like everyone in the top 6 or so was pushing or past 40. Not a lot of young guys in this show at all. HRT does wonders!

Yeah, your right. I forgot about World " The Vampire " Harris. He's at least 3,000 years old or so. ;D

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 09:56:57 PM »
Borrowed from another board:

Open
1. Troy Alves
2. Marc Lavoie
3. Ben White
4. Will Harris
5. Fred Smalls
6. Toney Freeman
7. Johnnie Jackson
8. Jeff Long
9. Ricky "Tricky" Jackson
10. Adorthus Cherry
11. Mohamad Bannout
12. Phil Von Kaenel
13. Grigori Atoyan
14. Heinz Senior
Open
1. Kim Buck
2. Monique Jones
3. Kim Perez
4. Tazzie Columb
5. Angela Salvano
6. Lora Ottenad
7. Debbie Bramwell
8. Jennifer Sedia
9. Maria Segura
10. Claire OConnell
11. Bonnie Pappas
12. Drorit Kernes
13. Sarah Hayes
14. Candice Carr-Archer
15. Pamela Franklin
16. Gina Quinn
16. Stacey Pillari
16. Tammy Patnode
16. Julia Korfhage
16. Nicole Acker
16. Mary Jurumbo
16. Heather Foster
16. Irene Anderson
16. Lori Steele

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 09:58:14 PM »
Borrowed from another board:

Open
1. Troy Alves
2. Marc Lavoie
3. Ben White
4. Will Harris
5. Fred Smalls
6. Toney Freeman
7. Johnnie Jackson
8. Jeff Long
9. Ricky "Tricky" Jackson
10. Adorthus Cherry
11. Mohamad Bannout
12. Phil Von Kaenel
13. Grigori Atoyan
14. Heinz Senior
Open
1. Kim Buck
2. Monique Jones
3. Kim Perez
4. Tazzie Columb
5. Angela Salvano
6. Lora Ottenad
7. Debbie Bramwell
8. Jennifer Sedia
9. Maria Segura
10. Claire OConnell
11. Bonnie Pappas
12. Drorit Kernes
13. Sarah Hayes
14. Candice Carr-Archer
15. Pamela Franklin
16. Gina Quinn
16. Stacey Pillari
16. Tammy Patnode
16. Julia Korfhage
16. Nicole Acker
16. Mary Jurumbo
16. Heather Foster
16. Irene Anderson
16. Lori Steele

:o :o :o

Stavios

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 12:44:35 AM »
Hey leave Marc Lavoie the fuck alone he is a great guy, trains a my gym and will probably do my prep for my next show  ;D

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 05:01:20 AM »
Nice recap Rearden. I was there on Friday trolling around myself.

I too saw Toney walking around in his jump suit, looked small (no hating) but because he is tall it is deceiving.

Do you know who was running the Muscle Meds booth? There was a guy as big as a house looked like Centapabu but wasn't.

I hope the show comes back as it is the only thing in my neck of the woods.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 10:17:45 AM »
Hey leave Marc Lavoie the fuck alone he is a great guy, trains a my gym and will probably do my prep for my next show  ;D

:) might be the nicest guy in the world but he was just gifted that placing. He could have been 7th nobody would have griped.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 11:02:02 AM »
good job rearden....i guess ron harris can put to bed lol jose is natural theory,,,i don't care what he uses he is crazy thick but he is changing his overall looks all around with that added size on his compact already frame.still freak tho,,,

newmom

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 12:11:38 PM »

- Runningmom is a doll. She was there to support her friend Ripitupbaby (Lori Steele) in her first pro show and was kind enough to meet us and introduce us to some other people. Met Ron Harris and Bob Bonham who were both decent guys in person. She also baked 3 batches of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies and a shitload of cannolis, of which she gave some to us. Dee, you're all ass!

:o :o :o ;D

Thanks Rearden.

My rundown of Rearden and theEsquire. Both very nice dudes and both big fuckers.

newmom

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 12:43:11 PM »
Big Will.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 12:47:05 PM »
:o :o :o ;D

Thanks Rearden.

My rundown of Rearden and theEsquire. Both very nice dudes and both big fuckers.

Forgot to mention that the canoli was incredible. My GF said hers was orgasmic. Seriously impressed with the baking skills!

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 12:48:33 PM »
Big Will.

I knew you loved black men  :)

newmom

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 12:54:44 PM »
Forgot to mention that the canoli was incredible. My GF said hers was orgasmic. Seriously impressed with the baking skills!

awwwwwwww glad she liked it. Lori sent me a text this morning, said OMG that was amazing.
I knew you loved black men  :)

LOL..naaa but he was cool as hell.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 01:16:57 PM »
You look like a Puerto Rican newmom.

Stavios

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 01:23:43 PM »
:) might be the nicest guy in the world but he was just gifted that placing. He could have been 7th nobody would have griped.

I kind of agree, thing with Marc is posing by himself, he looks BAD

I think he looks more impressive in a line-up because he is wide as fuck and his back lat spread is just mind blowing fucking wide, plus he has hard looking glutes ( homo )

but this was supposed to be his last show tonight as he is getting old, might do the O just for fun just to say he has been on that stage once in his life

newmom

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 01:42:30 PM »
You look like a Puerto Rican newmom.

Most people think I am. I'm half dago and half greek

Me and Ripitup

Stavios

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 02:06:46 PM »
everybody gets good food exept old stavios  >:(

newmom

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 02:30:24 PM »
everybody gets good food exept old stavios  >:(

if you lived closer I'd make ya some...

Don't think cannolis would travel well to canada

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 03:00:35 PM »
Most people think I am. I'm half dago and half greek

Me and Ripitup

Looking very Latina Newmom.  When you come to Diego, I'll wine and dine you, fell you up, and you can have me incarcerated with your convict buddy, Chaos.  ;D   

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2011, 03:34:49 PM »
I kind of agree, thing with Marc is posing by himself, he looks BAD

I think he looks more impressive in a line-up because he is wide as fuck and his back lat spread is just mind blowing fucking wide, plus he has hard looking glutes ( homo )

but this was supposed to be his last show tonight as he is getting old, might do the O just for fun just to say he has been on that stage once in his life

Firstly, Lavoie was huge and definitely in shape. It's just that Ben White and Will Harris genetically crush him and were plenty hard enough to nudge Lavoie.

Then you get Jeff Long standing there giving up some lbs but more ripped and muscular in virtually every pose than Lavoie. Long crushed Everyone but Ben White from the back.

This show was a mess to judge. If I had to place them, it would be -

- Alves
- White
- Harris
- Smalls
- Long
- Freeman
- the 3rd place finisher from women's bb show
- Lavoie

Stavios

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2011, 03:47:56 PM »
Firstly, Lavoie was huge and definitely in shape. It's just that Ben White and Will Harris genetically crush him and were plenty hard enough to nudge Lavoie.

Then you get Jeff Long standing there giving up some lbs but more ripped and muscular in virtually every pose than Lavoie. Long crushed Everyone but Ben White from the back.

This show was a mess to judge. If I had to place them, it would be -

- Alves
- White
- Harris
- Smalls
- Long
- Freeman
- the 3rd place finisher from women's bb show- Lavoie

LMAO  ;D

I relate to Lavoie because he was a tiny tits 10 years ago, he is really "all drugs" so if he could take a tiny tits like himself and build a beast of a physique, he can do it with a tiny tits like me  8)