Author Topic: Tito on Fedor...  (Read 1545 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Tito on Fedor...
« on: August 03, 2011, 05:47:55 PM »
I also watched the Fedor Emelianenko-Dan Henderson fight. I am not a huge supporter or anything, but it was hard to see someone like Fedor basically retire himself like that. He's been finished in his last three fights and it is never good seeing any fighter who has been around for a long time finish on his face.
He's not one of the greatest ever; he did great in Pride but he chose not to come to the UFC and he never fought in the UFC. You can't be considered one of the best -- much less the greatest ever -- if you didn't fight in the UFC. Pride isn't the UFC and the places he's been since Pride aren't the UFC. Everyone who came from Pride to the UFC got stomped.
w

suckmymuscle

Re: Tito on Fedor...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 08:53:51 PM »
I also watched the Fedor Emelianenko-Dan Henderson fight. I am not a huge supporter or anything, but it was hard to see someone like Fedor basically retire himself like that. He's been finished in his last three fights and it is never good seeing any fighter who has been around for a long time finish on his face.
He's not one of the greatest ever; he did great in Pride but he chose not to come to the UFC and he never fought in the UFC. You can't be considered one of the best -- much less the greatest ever -- if you didn't fight in the UFC. Pride isn't the UFC and the places he's been since Pride aren't the UFC. Everyone who came from Pride to the UFC got stomped.

Yeah, right. Like Minotauro(won UFC heavyweight belt), Shogun(won UFC light-heavyweight belt), Anderson Silva(won UFC middleweight belt), Rampage(won UFC light-heavyweight belt) and even though Wandy started in the UFC, he only had a couple fights there and he became the legend he is in PRIDE.

And Tito is wrong: PRIDE was undoubtedly better than the UFC from it's inception in 1997 until it went under in 2007. This is especially true when it comes to the heavyweight division. I am sorry, but there is simply no argument here. I will never forget UFC poster boy, Chucky, getting KOd by Rampage. That was beautiful.

And Tito is a piece of shit guy. A true callous, self-centered moron who says one thing one moment and the opposite latter. When him and Fedor were both in Affliction, he praised Fedor during the press conference saying how Dana White is a bitter #girl who couldn't get Fedor, the greatest fighter on the planet, etc. Now that he is back in the UFC and under contract with Dana White, he praises Dana and insults Fedor.

But nothing of this matter. I actually agree with you that Fedor is finished and that everything he accomplished has been destroyed by 3 losses in a row. This is the end. He has truly become irrelevant now. But here is the thing: Fedor truly doesen't seem to care about all this. As he likes to say:"This is just a job to me."

SUCKMYMUSCLE

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 10:02:46 PM »

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito Ortiz
"Well there's always been question from other promotions saying that you weren't the best heavyweight in the world. Well, tonight, buddy, you've answered those questions. You tooken out two of the former UFC heavyweight champions and you are the best heavyweight... in my eyes and I believe every one of these guys' eyes around the world... of tonight...

Well the millions that are watching at home and the fifteen thousand and more in audience tonight, ladies and gentlemen, the pound for pound best heavyweight in the world today, Fedor Emelianenko, the last emperor, congratulations buddy."

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 08:06:55 AM »
I also watched the Fedor Emelianenko-Dan Henderson fight. I am not a huge supporter or anything, but it was hard to see someone like Fedor basically retire himself like that. He's been finished in his last three fights and it is never good seeing any fighter who has been around for a long time finish on his face.He's not one of the greatest ever; he did great in Pride but he chose not to come to the UFC and he never fought in the UFC. You can't be considered one of the best -- much less the greatest ever -- if you didn't fight in the UFC. Pride isn't the UFC and the places he's been since Pride aren't the UFC. Everyone who came from Pride to the UFC got stomped.
Tito is the last guy to be saying these words.  Tito was champion when he was kicking around cans.  When he went up against good competition (Liddell) he got smashed.  He had not won a fight since 2006, before fighting Bader, and in my opinion got lucky.  Toto got dominated by Matt fucking Hamil!