Author Topic: My wife bitchslaps mindless hollywood stooge  (Read 678 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
My wife bitchslaps mindless hollywood stooge
« on: August 05, 2011, 08:45:48 AM »

Ignorant Matt
Damon’s silly teacher rant

By Michelle Malkin

Actor Matt Damon is a walking public-service reminder to immunize your children early and often against La-La Land disease.
In Damon’s world, all public-school teachers are selfless angels. Government workers and Hollywood entertainers are impervious to economic incentives. Anyone who disagrees is a know-nothing, “corporate reformer” ingrate who hates education.
Last week, the liberal box-office star addressed a “Save Our Schools” march in Washington at the behest of his mother, a professor of early-childhood education. He attacked standardized tests. He praised all the public-school teachers who “empowered” him and unlocked his creative potential by rejecting “silly drill- and-kill nonsense.” Damon decried the demoralization of teachers by ruthless, results-oriented free marketeers whom he mocked as “simple-minded.”

What Damon’s superficial tirade lacked, however, was any real-world understanding of the deterioration of core-curricular learning in America. Students can’t master simple division or fractions because today’s teachers -- churned out through lowest-common-denominator grad schools and shielded from competition -- have barely mastered those skills themselves. Un-educators have abandoned “drill-and-kill” computation for multicultural claptrap and fuzzy math, traded in grammar fundamentals for “creative spelling” and dropped standard civics for save-the-earth propaganda.
Consequence: bottom-basement US student scores on global assessments over the last two decades. Blaming the tests is blaming the messenger. The liberal education establishment’s response to its abject academic failures? Run away. This is why the Save Our Schools agenda championed by Damon calls for less curricular emphasis on math and reading -- and more focus on social justice, funding and “equity” issues.
Out: Reading is fundamental.
In: Feeling is fundamental.
After his drippy pep talk absolving teachers of any responsibility for America's educational morass, Damon lashed out at a young reporter who had the audacity to ask him about the negative impact of lifetime teacher tenure. “In acting, there isn’t job security, right,” Reason.tv's Michelle Fields asked Damon. “There is an incentive to work hard and be a better actor because you want to have a job. So why isn't it like that for teachers?”
It's elementary that people will work longer and harder if they know they will be rewarded. There's nothing anti-teacher about the question. (And before teacher-unions goons go on the attack, I am the child of a public-school teacher and the mother of two children in an excellent public charter school by choice.) But Damon's hinges came undone when confronted with the mild question.
“You think job insecurity makes me work hard?” he retorted. “That's like saying a teacher is going to get lazy when she has tenure.” Damon unleashed crude profanities on Fields. “A teacher wants to teach,” Damon fumed with his mother next to him. “Why else would you take a sh- -ty” salary and really long hours and do that job unless you really loved to do it?"
Never mind that most out-of-work Americans would find nothing “sh- -ty” about earning an average $53,000 annual salary plus health and retirement benefits for a 180-day work year.
Damon went on to deride standard, mainstream behavioral economic principles as “intrinsically paternalistic” and “MBA-style thinking.” And when the young reporter's cameraman pointed out that there are bad apples in the teaching profession as in any profession, Damon called him “sh- -ty,” too.
Tinseltown stars can afford to put emotion over logic, progressive fantasy over practical reality. The rest of us are stuck with the bill. And those whom bleeding-heart celebrities purport to care most about -- the children -- suffer the consequences of bad ideas.
Interminable teacher tenure in America's largest school districts, from New York to Chicago to Los Angeles, has produced a rotten corps of incompetent (at best) and dangerous (at worst) educators coddled by Big Labor. As the DC-based Center for Union reports, “In many major cities, only one out of 1,000 teachers is fired for performance-related reasons. . . . In 10 years, only about 47 out of 100,000 teachers were actually terminated from New Jersey's schools.”
By contrast, as the educational documentary “Waiting for Superman” pointed out, one out of every 57 doctors loses his or her license to practice medicine, and one out of every 97 lawyers loses their license to practice law.
In Los Angeles, it’s not just meanie Tea Partiers making the case for abolishing teacher tenure. When the Los Angeles Times exposed how the city's tenure evaluation system rubber-stamped approvals and ignored actual performance, the district superintendent admitted: “Too many ineffective teachers are falling into tenured positions -- the equivalent of jobs for life.” USC education professor Julie Slayton acknowledged: “It's ridiculous and should be changed.”
Pop quiz: Would multimillionaire Matt Damon apply the same warped employment practices and dumbed-down curricular standards to his own accountants that he champions for America's public-school teachers? Film at 11.
malkinblog@gmail.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/ignorant_matt

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: My wife bitchslaps mindless hollywood stooge
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 09:46:16 AM »

FAG (Film Actors' Guild)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 09:49:43 AM »
Ignorant Matt
Damon’s silly teacher rant

By Michelle Malkin

Actor Matt Damon is a walking public-service reminder to immunize your children early and often against La-La Land disease.
In Damon’s world, all public-school teachers are selfless angels. Government workers and Hollywood entertainers are impervious to economic incentives. Anyone who disagrees is a know-nothing, “corporate reformer” ingrate who hates education.
Last week, the liberal box-office star addressed a “Save Our Schools” march in Washington at the behest of his mother, a professor of early-childhood education. He attacked standardized tests. He praised all the public-school teachers who “empowered” him and unlocked his creative potential by rejecting “silly drill- and-kill nonsense.” Damon decried the demoralization of teachers by ruthless, results-oriented free marketeers whom he mocked as “simple-minded.”

What Damon’s superficial tirade lacked, however, was any real-world understanding of the deterioration of core-curricular learning in America. Students can’t master simple division or fractions because today’s teachers -- churned out through lowest-common-denominator grad schools and shielded from competition -- have barely mastered those skills themselves. Un-educators have abandoned “drill-and-kill” computation for multicultural claptrap and fuzzy math, traded in grammar fundamentals for “creative spelling” and dropped standard civics for save-the-earth propaganda.
Consequence: bottom-basement US student scores on global assessments over the last two decades. Blaming the tests is blaming the messenger. The liberal education establishment’s response to its abject academic failures? Run away. This is why the Save Our Schools agenda championed by Damon calls for less curricular emphasis on math and reading -- and more focus on social justice, funding and “equity” issues.
Out: Reading is fundamental.
In: Feeling is fundamental.
After his drippy pep talk absolving teachers of any responsibility for America's educational morass, Damon lashed out at a young reporter who had the audacity to ask him about the negative impact of lifetime teacher tenure. “In acting, there isn’t job security, right,” Reason.tv's Michelle Fields asked Damon. “There is an incentive to work hard and be a better actor because you want to have a job. So why isn't it like that for teachers?”
It's elementary that people will work longer and harder if they know they will be rewarded. There's nothing anti-teacher about the question. (And before teacher-unions goons go on the attack, I am the child of a public-school teacher and the mother of two children in an excellent public charter school by choice.) But Damon's hinges came undone when confronted with the mild question.
“You think job insecurity makes me work hard?” he retorted. “That's like saying a teacher is going to get lazy when she has tenure.” Damon unleashed crude profanities on Fields. “A teacher wants to teach,” Damon fumed with his mother next to him. “Why else would you take a sh- -ty” salary and really long hours and do that job unless you really loved to do it?"
Never mind that most out-of-work Americans would find nothing “sh- -ty” about earning an average $53,000 annual salary plus health and retirement benefits for a 180-day work year.
Damon went on to deride standard, mainstream behavioral economic principles as “intrinsically paternalistic” and “MBA-style thinking.” And when the young reporter's cameraman pointed out that there are bad apples in the teaching profession as in any profession, Damon called him “sh- -ty,” too.
Tinseltown stars can afford to put emotion over logic, progressive fantasy over practical reality. The rest of us are stuck with the bill. And those whom bleeding-heart celebrities purport to care most about -- the children -- suffer the consequences of bad ideas.
Interminable teacher tenure in America's largest school districts, from New York to Chicago to Los Angeles, has produced a rotten corps of incompetent (at best) and dangerous (at worst) educators coddled by Big Labor. As the DC-based Center for Union reports, “In many major cities, only one out of 1,000 teachers is fired for performance-related reasons. . . . In 10 years, only about 47 out of 100,000 teachers were actually terminated from New Jersey's schools.”
By contrast, as the educational documentary “Waiting for Superman” pointed out, one out of every 57 doctors loses his or her license to practice medicine, and one out of every 97 lawyers loses their license to practice law.
In Los Angeles, it’s not just meanie Tea Partiers making the case for abolishing teacher tenure. When the Los Angeles Times exposed how the city's tenure evaluation system rubber-stamped approvals and ignored actual performance, the district superintendent admitted: “Too many ineffective teachers are falling into tenured positions -- the equivalent of jobs for life.” USC education professor Julie Slayton acknowledged: “It's ridiculous and should be changed.”
Pop quiz: Would multimillionaire Matt Damon apply the same warped employment practices and dumbed-down curricular standards to his own accountants that he champions for America's public-school teachers? Film at 11.
malkinblog@gmail.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/ignorant_matt
Good thinking. Quote the 'journalist' with the least credibility of anyone.
G

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 10:25:54 AM »
Good, absolutely agree and I don't even like that bitch.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 11:53:06 AM »
Good thinking. Quote the 'journalist' with the least credibility of anyone.

I'm surprised you had enough time on your hands to stop playing grab ass with the other gay members of your unit and read this article.

Impressive.

Next time I'll try to post a Perez Hilton article so I don't offend your delicate sensibilities.

It's funny to observe your cowardice and stupidity on all things political. The whole Damon episode was caught on tape. Are you suggesting Malkin staged the entire incident?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 01:09:58 PM »
I'm surprised you had enough time on your hands to stop playing grab ass with the other gay members of your unit and read this article.

Impressive.

Next time I'll try to post a Perez Hilton article so I don't offend your delicate sensibilities.

It's funny to observe your cowardice and stupidity on all things political. The whole Damon episode was caught on tape. Are you suggesting Malkin staged the entire incident?
Haha.

I'm out of the military now.

I'll always remember this Max Blumenthal clip of Malkin, where she admits to some 'inaccuracies' in one of her books.

It's a shame because I really like Asian women, but I can't get past her politics. 

G

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 01:21:45 PM »
Malkin use to be a 9/11 truther, wonder why she gave that up?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 01:22:52 PM »
You have an ugly wife.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 01:27:36 PM »
Oddly enough nobody comments on the content of the thread. Damon is a retard. Here are other people I'm sure the libtards will also find fault with, on MAAAT DAAAMON!

Give Matt Damon kudos for accomplishing his goal last weekend: drawing attention to the Save Our Schools March in Washington. He’s been paying the price all week, though, by becoming the celebrity whipping boy of the conservative media.

Two interviews that Damon, a liberal activist, granted to new-media journalists have gone viral over the Internet, and talk-radio hosts and other pundits have been working overtime to ridicule the actor ever since. Wednesday, for example, Los Angeles KABC talk-show host Larry Elder took Damon to task over his assertion that teachers will do a good job regardless of cash incentives, just like actors will.

“He seemed personally offended when someone suggested that as an actor he has an incentive to work hard,” Elder said in an eight-minute monologue. (Audio below).

“I want to act. I am an actor and actors act, irrespective of tenure, irrespective of pay, irrespective of job security,” he said mockingly. Then the host took several calls on the topic. “The guy himself has a couple of small children. What are the chances of him going to public schools?” one caller said of Damon.

At the same time Elder was on the Damon topic locally, Rush Limbaugh was belittling actors in general on his national radio show, and he made the topic his “media tweak of the week” at his web site. “Have you seen the study that says dieting forces the brain to eat itself? This explains Hollywood,” Limbaugh said.

Print media has also had their fun at Damon’s expense. On Thursday, Michael Graham of Boston Herald.com wrote: "Damon’s position that incentives don’t affect behavior puts him in the fiscal Flat Earth Society. He’s the equivalent of an economic creationist.”

Blogger Kyle Smith wrote, “Question for Matt Damon: If Dolph Lundgren, after three movies, was guaranteed the opportunity to star in one of Hollywood’s biggest-budgeted films every summer for the rest of his life, what do you suppose the quality of the end product would be?”

At BigHollywood.com bloggers have weighed in on the matter just about daily since the weekend rally. “Somebody needs to take Matt Damon’s ‘word of the day’ handbook before he hurts himself,” editor John Nolte wrote. “Matt Damon is nothing more than a political animal and propaganda-spewing machine.”

VIDEO: Matt Damon Slams Republicans, Tea Party For Handling of Debt Ceiling Crisis

That blog item contains video of one of Damon’s weekend interviews, with a quick scene  from Good Will Hunting edited into it. (Video below).

The purveyor of BigHollywood is Andrew Breitbart, who weighed in on Matt Damon Wednesday night during a speech to the Hollywood Congress of Republicans.

“He was speaking in Howard Zinn, Noam Chomsky gobbledygook and showing off for his mom,” Breitbart said afterwards. “A pathetic attempt at sounding erudite by using big words. John Cusack made a name for himself doing the same thing in the 90s.”

At PJTV.com, comedian Alfonzo Rachel cut a video called “Bourne Idiocy” where he begins, “Sinead O’Connor is back from the 80s and sounding brainy as ever.”

And Glenn Beck took Damon to task on his radio show, accusing him of playing fast and loose with the facts when Damon says in one video that the rich have never paid less in taxes during his lifetime than they do now. But during the Reagan administration, top earners paid 28 percent and today the top rate is 35 percent, Beck said.

“To those of us who have studied math,” says one of Beck’s co-hosts, “28 is less than 35.”

When Damon says in one of the videos that he’s never used a tax cut to start a small business, another of Beck’s co-hosts chimes in that the first season of Project Greenlight, a filmmaking contest and TV series co-created by Damon, was in 2001 and the second season was in 2003, years that coincided with the Bush tax cuts.

After trying to make a point by quoting Jimmy Stewart (but confusing It’s a Wonderful Life with Mr. Smith Goes to Washington), Beck says: “Here’s what I’d like to introduce to Matt. It’s a concept of personal liberty and responsibility. You can actually send your whole damn pay check to Washington.”

“Why not,” says Beck, “instead of taking big salaries for your next Bourne Identity, why don’t you just say, I won’t work for over $250,000 … spread it all around that movie lot.”

And on Red Eye this week on the Fox News Channel, host Greg Gutfeld began a segment with: “Is Matt Damon as much an authority on tax cuts as he is on haircuts?”

Country music star Larry Gatlin on the show says Damon is “a perfect example again of an artsy-fartsy letting their alligator mouth overwhelm their hummingbird ass. He does not know what he’s talking about.” (Video below).

On the same show, though, Fox entertainment contributor Courtney Friel, who said Damon is her neighbor, defended the actor: “He is very classy,” she said.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 01:32:09 PM »
Matt Damon is another Metro Sexual guilt ridden white progressive pofs.   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 01:34:06 PM »
Another product of the Peoples Republic of Cambridge, MA.
L

Purge_WTF

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 01:48:31 PM »
  Damon is a white-bread Liberal, and Malkin is a self-hating Neocon Twinkie.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 02:13:53 PM »

“Why not,” says Beck, “instead of taking big salaries for your next Bourne Identity, why don’t you just say, I won’t work for over $250,000 … spread it all around that movie lot.”

Ah, the Hollywood hypocrisy.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 04:24:13 PM »
My mother taught for 42 yrs, and had very high standards. And was at good schools. Often, parents wanted kids out of her class, due to her not "giving" A's...your tail had to earn them. She was very strict, and even when she taught math, she wanted ALL students to perform at their best and use correct English. The kids that had her, and graduated yrs later---would come her class and thank her.
What has happened over the past 15-20 yrs is that parents want their kids to pass with As, no matter what, so teachers are giving out passing grades w/o the kids actually learning the info. They are taught what is on the test---coached, and more and more open book tests, just to pad the numbers to make a school look good. They are coached on stardardized tests, and if thet get good grades that is all that matters...not whether they know the info or not, parents wants grades...and everybodies kid is above average or gifted and talented...nobody is average anymore...

Then, very few qualified teachers are entering the field, because more women are seeking to become doctors, lawyers, or going into the private sector. Who the hell wants to be a teacher a deal with bratty kids and worse parents? The quality of teachers has gone down considerably. There are many teachers today who don't know how to write up lesson plans, yet thet get hired...and you wonder why these bimbos are being busted for screwing students...

heycomedy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 04:32:41 PM »

FAG (Film Actors' Guild)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
capitalism baby!

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 04:51:03 PM »
You have an ugly wife.

My wife has a vagina and a pulse. Your pretend internet girlfriend "Jizzball" lacks those two key qualities and as a result, your opinion of Michelle Malkin means less than nothing.

Hope this helps.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 07:18:59 PM »
You have an ugly wife.
Look at the pot calling the kettle black. You look like a toad.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 12:33:04 AM »
He needs to quit talking about politics.   ::)