Author Topic: Strong front squat, very strong front squat  (Read 12751 times)

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
Re: Strong front squat, very strong front squat
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2011, 11:44:13 AM »
I wouldn't say it is THE strength sport. Perhaps THE power sport.

Powerlifting, when not hung up with the ridiculous gear and easy-breeazy judging, is THE strength sport.

Regardless, both sports are kick ass, when done properly and with passion.

Proper powerlifting is pretty hard to find. IPF is cool and raw federations. But these WPO joke records have to go.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2011, 11:51:12 AM »
Proper powerlifting is pretty hard to find. IPF is cool and raw federations. But these WPO joke records have to go.

I agree, totally. As a powerlifter, I am deeply embarrassed with what is often called a "record" these days. I compete in Canada's IPF feeder fed ... and have decided to lift raw, despite other competitors wearing singly-ply stuff. Perhaps a 10-year-old and loose-fitting single-ply squat suit (for what it was originally intended ... injury prevention), but certainly no knee wraps, bench shirts, etc.

I see SO many videos on YouTube of "champions" performing heinous lifts wearing tonnes of ridiculous gear, and I cringe.

Like that Mazza guy ... the bench press dude. What the hell?!!

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2011, 11:53:55 AM »
Genious rychlak junior?  ;D I know what you mean.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2011, 11:55:26 AM »
He already answered this just a few days ago in a thread dedicated to this very topic.
A few pages down in the bible...
thanks, but I dont see a post where it says use either dbol or abombs with suspension, only dbol, hence my question ???

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2011, 03:19:54 PM »
Genious rychlak junior?  ;D I know what you mean.

The dude needs to give it up. Without his gear and gas, he'd be pressing 250, tops. Hell, it takes the cat 10 seconds to get the bar to touch his chest. Without the shirt, he would have zero stopping power with that weight and the bar would cave in his bird chest. Just stupid.

I'd much prefer seeing him attempt a raw and "good" press with something like, say, 300, or 350. If he's off the sauce, perhaps, as I say, a 250 or three.

Bet his squat is impressive as all hell.  ::)

Probably goes around telling everyone who will listen that he is one of the world's strongest men and a freak of nature. Dude would get run over by a 15-year-old girl.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2011, 03:43:24 PM »
I wouldn't say it is THE strength sport. Perhaps THE power sport.

Powerlifting, when not hung up with the ridiculous gear and easy-breeazy judging, is THE strength sport.

Regardless, both sports are kick ass, when done properly and with passion.

Just to give you a hint. Mikhail Koklyeav has front squatted over 300 kg, pulled ~420 kg and push pressed 220 kg . In competition or in the gym. He is not even a top 3 lifter IN RUSSIA. Stop with the power crap you idiots.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2011, 04:13:48 PM »
Stop with the power crap you idiots.
Absolutely, everyone knows strongman is the premier strength sport!! :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2011, 07:44:45 AM »
thanks, but I dont see a post where it says use either dbol or abombs with suspension, only dbol, hence my question ???

the question was asked..."but god, i already have lots of dbol here, cant i use these instead as a replacement for anadrol?"

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2011, 07:48:45 AM »
the question was asked..."but god, i already have lots of dbol here, cant i use these instead as a replacement for anadrol?"
found it! but he'd already replied to my p.m. , thanks