Author Topic: post some of your favorite classic songs  (Read 13682 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: post some of your favorite classic songs
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2011, 01:10:45 PM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2011, 01:13:17 PM »

That's where I'm gonna go when I die ;D   Great song!

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2011, 02:30:35 PM »
^good song

gh15 approved
fallen angel

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2011, 02:38:06 PM »
this is the definition of a musician,,,this is how musician plays...this is how every band member go test before joininnig the band to see wether he can play or not...yes yes even when young kids...they made sure they chose fellas who can PLAY,, then you also need to know how to write songs....BOTH WORDS..AND! MUSIC!! you need to know how to perform it...you need to know how to touch hearts with music only ,, and you need to know how to make 4 fellas sounds like 16...

this is prime example of GENERATION SOMETHINGNESS! ,,make sure you see it ...for this level of performance a fella will go pull out 150 dolaros from his pocket and go to concert....or buy record,,or will have respect for the fellas behind the band...because:

they did what they do best first and formost and it is WRITE AND PLAY MUSIC...they dont care what the fuck they look like ...they care what they sound! like

one of the best bands to ever rize on planet earth ,,EVER,,

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Lumberjack88

• Getbig III
  • "Big Dreamers Never Sleep" - David Lee Roth
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2011, 04:25:52 PM »
I definitely agree with everything gh15 said in this thread.. great music choices. I still don't see how anyone could criticize Carrie from Europe, one of the best ballads ever. Europe was a band that actually consisted of musicians... Kee Marcello and John Norum knew how to compose and play the guitar the right way, just like Joey Tempest, their singer, knew how to sing without auto-tune and still hit the right high notes.

A lot of these 80s bands had amazing musicians. People who actually played music the whole day through, who listened to a lot of good music and really wanted to create music that mattered to them and that had soul in it. Unfortunately, a lot of these bands signed a lot of corrupt contracts. Only their managers and record companies got rich of their songs. The bands themselves had a good time, played good music and as soon as the early-mid nineties began... they were gone and left with almost nothing. Even during their heydays.. these bands still lived a quite modest lifestyle for rockstars. It sucks to see all these rappers getting rich.. and the really talented musicians have to make ends meet.

This Band here still tours to pay off it's debt!:

Don Dokken had to pay for this clip himself, because the money his band earned, didn't suffice:

They're all under appreciated....

And those are rather big 80's bands... I don't even want to start talking about the rest and under which circumstances they still made music.

I was at the NAMM in Anaheim some years ago... sucked to see so many great 80's guitar players in such a devastated condition. Eddie Van Halen, Chris Holmes from W.A.S.P., Warren DeMartini from Ratt etc. It sucks, because these guys actually had talent, they were in it for the music!

A word about Giorgio Moroder... he's a really nice guy.. met him in Munich a year ago. He sure produced a lot of good stuff, really has an excellent ear for music. Did a lot of great collaborations with skilled musicians...

Also, live music used to be so much better than it is now... we have better technical equipment now, better FRFR monitors, Mixers etc. but the live sound many bands create can't hold it's own against pieces like this:

Damn, that outro solo kicked some major ass!

Talking about talent...the guy from the video above, steve lukather, played guitar on almost every song that came out in the 80s (beat it from michael jackson to stevie nicks, george benson etc.), yet he still sings like it's his main profession... you don't see a lot of guys like that around... again... the 80's had REAL MUSICIANS, REAL TALENT!

Some more talented musicians that reached their heights during the 80s:

It's just unbelievable how many talented musicians there were during the 80s.... then the 90s came.. and everything started to slowly take a turn downwards. Now we're left with shit.. and people still tell me to dig deeper.. cause today's music also has something to offer... you just have to dig deep to find it... that's such a stupid argument... people in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and early nineties never had to drift into dark areas of music to actually find good music... they could just turn up their radio.. and there it was.. good music! If you dug deeper back then.. you were able to find even better music.. nowadays you have to look very hard to find "okay" music... and even this "okay" music... is nothing special. You just don't see guys like Steve Lukather or Sting around.. no potential... no real genius in music nowadays.

Never will we see talent united like that again. A band that only consisted of studio musicians... not possible in this day and age:

This really is generation nothingness...

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2011, 04:40:50 PM »
you want to see genious? in an era of nothignness? this is why it is so important to be musician and then! get famous and not vise versa like today failed generation,,watch and learn

this is the definitiion of genious band,, the exact definition under genious = this band

gh15 approved
fallen angel

w8m8

« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2011, 04:43:27 PM »

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2011, 04:44:58 PM »
i swear i have orgazm just from listening to the last  song of u2 i put there,, this is genious! ! ! only 3 players on stage !! make sure you notice this ...only! 3 fellas who play on stage...sounds like a freaking orchestra ,, this is MUSICIANS! for that! you pay 150 dolaros to watxh in the sticky humid heat!

gh15 approved
fallen angel

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2011, 04:49:21 PM »

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Lumberjack88

• Getbig III
  • "Big Dreamers Never Sleep" - David Lee Roth
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2011, 04:52:35 PM »
U2 is a great live band... amazing live sound... really huge and three dimensional! I like their slane castle live recordings the best:

Some more killer live sounds:

I love those HUGE SOUNDS these bands still got going on...

And the audience... when nice looking women actually listened to good music...

Yannyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2011, 09:54:25 PM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2011, 03:15:17 AM »

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2011, 04:58:53 AM »
I love this U2 song

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2011, 05:06:21 AM »
^ they are band from diff era,, they are real good yes,, i like that song too,, you cant fake musicians you just cant,,

gh15 approved
fallen angel

w8m8

« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2011, 05:59:31 AM »

newmom

« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2011, 06:18:39 AM »
always loved this song

one of my all time fav bands

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2011, 06:47:24 AM »

No one likes the SHITTY music you pick, it's the wrong genre and era from the rest of the thread....But Dickhead dj181 doesn't care  ::)

always liked this from madonna

Yannyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2011, 06:56:22 AM »
My favourite U2 song

Yannyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2011, 07:02:53 AM »

w8m8

« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2011, 07:18:35 AM »

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2011, 07:19:32 AM »

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2011, 07:37:19 AM »
the definition of musicians....

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2011, 10:03:37 AM »

Nirvana

• Getbig V

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2011, 01:10:10 PM »
the original "Fuck you bitch!" song