Author Topic: TruTV...Really?  (Read 3102 times)

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
TruTV...Really?
« on: August 07, 2011, 04:38:14 PM »
I just saw a commercial for some mindless pabulum called "Bear Swamp Recovery." 

This is the FIFTH show - on the same network mind you - about towing/repossession (Op Repo, Lizard Lick, the one with the two black guys that won't tow your car if you answer their riddles, South Beach Towing, now BSR). 

It's not that I have high expectations, but come on.

>:(
~

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: TruTV...Really?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 11:54:30 AM »
I just saw a commercial for some mindless pabulum called "Bear Swamp Recovery." 

This is the FIFTH show - on the same network mind you - about towing/repossession (Op Repo, Lizard Lick, the one with the two black guys that won't tow your car if you answer their riddles, South Beach Towing, now BSR). 

It's not that I have high expectations, but come on.

>:(
andy, watch for episode 8 when they are repoing the crane i'm in it, tell aunt bee and opie too.
F

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 01:58:40 PM »
andy, watch for episode 8 when they are repoing the crane i'm in it, tell aunt bee and opie too.

Serious?  I'll watch that episode just to show the wife a real GetBigger on TV.

I might let Opie watch but Aunt Bee will be out making me some money.  See, Floyd, Mr. Foley and the boys get so tired of having to go all the way out to Mount Pilot just to get some tail, so I am Aunt Bee's and Clara Lindsey's pimp (it helps that I'm also the Sheriff).  Why do you think I let her stay in the house?
~

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 07:44:24 AM »
Serious?  I'll watch that episode just to show the wife a real GetBigger on TV.

I might let Opie watch but Aunt Bee will be out making me some money.  See, Floyd, Mr. Foley and the boys get so tired of having to go all the way out to Mount Pilot just to get some tail, so I am Aunt Bee's and Clara Lindsey's pimp (it helps that I'm also the Sheriff).  Why do you think I let her stay in the house?
yeah i'm not kidding i'll be in it as a disgruntled construction worker.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 06:31:46 AM »
august 22 is first two shows, than aug 29 next two, watch for the one on the constuction site, it ends with the mafia guy getting pants can be seen on trailer for show.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 02:52:31 PM »
the date for the episode i'm in is sept 12 @  10 pm.watch yjan critque make sure you get howard sprigg's imput.
F

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 03:13:33 PM »
the date for the episode i'm in is sept 12 @  10 pm.watch yjan critque make sure you get howard sprigg's imput.

hahahahaha  I'll see what Floyd and Goober think as well.
~

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 04:52:50 AM »
I think some of these shows are getting their rating just because people are saying, WTF look at this bullshit; then there is a bump in viewers who are just checking out the show to see if it's as fucking lame/stupid as they were told it was.

It makes me sick to think people would enjoy watching shows like Repo Man or Storage Wars and get off on watching one person's hard luck turn into possible fortune for a vulture.  

If the show relies on one family's misfortune to make the show, don't fucking watch the show... it's fucking sick.  If you watch the show, you're paying some jackass to exploit vultures that get off on an American family that hit a low.  That's fucking disgusting imo...  In fact, if a network is playing that shit, don't watch anything on that channel.  It's fucking sick what they do.  Don't support it.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 12:13:40 PM »
I think some of these shows are getting their rating just because people are saying, WTF look at this bullshit; then there is a bump in viewers who are just checking out the show to see if it's as fucking lame/stupid as they were told it was.

It makes me sick to think people would enjoy watching shows like Repo Man or Storage Wars and get off on watching one person's hard luck turn into possible fortune for a vulture.  

If the show relies on one family's misfortune to make the show, don't fucking watch the show... it's fucking sick.  If you watch the show, you're paying some jackass to exploit vultures that get off on an American family that hit a low.  That's fucking disgusting imo...  In fact, if a network is playing that shit, don't watch anything on that channel.  It's fucking sick what they do.  Don't support it.
just watch the one to see a fellow getbigger in action.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 12:09:52 PM »
monday night 10 pm truetv be there....
F

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 12:19:23 PM »

If the show relies on one family's misfortune to make the show, don't fucking watch the show... it's fucking sick.  If you watch the show, you're paying some jackass to exploit vultures that get off on an American family that hit a low.  That's fucking disgusting imo...  In fact, if a network is playing that shit, don't watch anything on that channel.  It's fucking sick what they do.  Don't support it.

I actually agree with this.

I never watch these types of shows.

Those American Picker guys are the worst, they basically buy something for someone for 1/5th the price of what they will sell it for.

That's fucked up.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 07:31:04 PM »
TruTV is bullshit scripted TV.
T

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 10:03:06 AM »
whoops wrong episode i'm actually on number 8 last nights was 5 sorry.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 08:01:47 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D tonight should be the night watch and play where's waldo?
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 09:16:31 AM »
anybody catch it, what the hell  joey's in there.
F