Author Topic: Obama speaks in minutes  (Read 7545 times)

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Obama speaks in minutes
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2011, 01:04:33 PM »
it's great to see the rich fools like coach and some others on here cry over the stock market going down, totally out of touch with the middle class and average American. 

TEAM Nasser

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2011, 01:06:37 PM »
it's great to see the rich fools like coach and some others on here cry over the stock market going down, totally out of touch with the middle class and average American. 

Yeah, cause when people lose hundreds of billions in equity they want to run out and hire people    ::)  ::)  ::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2011, 01:26:00 PM »
I am middle class jackass.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2011, 01:29:04 PM »
I am middle class jackass.
*cough* comma  *cough*      ;D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2011, 01:33:06 PM »

Very interesting times we live in :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2011, 02:00:24 PM »
Posted at 02:28 PM ET, 08/08/2011
Obama’s horrifyingly bad speech
By Jennifer Rubin

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2760619/posts

He was a half hour late. His head turned from side to side as if he were attending a tennis match. He practically never looked in the camera, as if he were averting our gaze. And those were the strong parts of President Obama’s disastrous speech.

It was a bit like a slow-motion car crash. After a while, one stopped listening to the blather and simply watched the stock ticker go down and down. And down some more.

Obama had all weekend and the best he could come up with was a reiteration of his plea for a “balanced” approach to deficit control. That’s right. We have a tumbling stock market, over 9 percent unemployment and a flight to gold (some investment advisers say it will be at $2,500 per ounce by year’s end). All he can do is promise to raise taxes.

Now that’s not exactly right. He did trot our proposals for a one-year extension of the payroll tax cut and extension of unemployment benefits. And he promised to make his own proposal to the debt committee. That’s it. It is what he has been saying for what seems like forever. He has nothing new.

He did say one indisputably true thing: The downgrade was more a comment on our political dysfunction than on our ability to repay our debts. That is the dysfunction that he has presided over. That is the paralysis he perpetuated by insisting for months on tax increases. He was describing his own disastrous tenure as president.

This illuminated Obama’s predicament — devoid of ideas, bitter about political opposition and completely in over his head. If the election were held today, I bet he’d lose. By a lot.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2011, 02:09:59 PM »
TEAM Nasser

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2011, 03:45:32 PM »
Obama=ALL LIES. He would fit in well amongst the IFBB.
T

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2011, 03:47:59 PM »
if I was gambling with people's money, I wouldn't sleep at all at night

no fucking way

a lot of these guys must get killed daily

i'm one of those people.  i haven't slept in 2 days straight and only ate one banana sunday.
Deep Tissue Massage

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2011, 04:30:17 PM »
Yeah, cause when people lose hundreds of billions in equity they want to run out and hire people    ::)  ::)  ::)

To be fair and objective Obama inherited a horrible economy from the investment banking scam/ collapse.
Having said that, as a voter of Obama  I am disapointed he has NOT led from the front on the economy.
House Speaker John Boehner and senate leader Harry Reed seem unable or unwilling to get anything done as well.
The US gov has done incredible projects over the yrs. We built and used the first atomic bomb in just under 4 yrs!
We put a man on the moon within 10 yrs time.
The entire bunch in Washington needs to get PRACTICAL and do things now and throw the pure ideology out the damn window on BOTH sides of the aisle.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2011, 04:33:05 PM »
To be fair and objective Obama inherited a horrible economy from the investment banking scam/ collapse.
Having said that, as a voter of Obama  I am disapointed he has NOT led from the front on the economy.
House Speaker John Boehner and senate leader Harry Reed seem unable or unwilling to get anything done as well.
The US gov has done incredible projects over the yrs. We built and used the first atomic bomb in just under 4 yrs!
The entire bunch in Washington needs to get PRACTICAL and do things now and throw the pure ideology out the damn window on BOTH sides of the aisle.

i agree with you.  you're older than me, you've seen more of these administrations come and go, how do you think the current administration ranks incompetence/stupidity wise?
Deep Tissue Massage

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2011, 04:44:07 PM »

Oh Jesus H. Christ Howard wake up.....stop with the Obama inherited BS. The truth is that Obama is responsible for the mess the U.S. is in. He can’t have it both ways. He is the POTUS and as such, he is responsible. He is responsible for both his actions and his inactions. And when it comes to the economy, he is responsible for its condition. Gawd damn excuse mongering...blame the Tea Party, blame Repubs, blame the Gulf Oil spill, blame Arab Summer, blame Bush, blame Japan and the earthquake/tsunami/meltdown, blame Greece....he sure as hell took credit for getting Bin Laden didn't he?

This is the most inept leader of any country ever.....S&P dowgraded Obama, not the U.S. economic machine.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2011, 04:44:21 PM »
Agree. Great first point. And the posturing/blame game has got to stop. Jettison those tea baggers for a start.  

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2011, 04:45:56 PM »
i agree with you.  you're older than me, you've seen more of these administrations come and go, how do you think the current administration ranks incompetence/stupidity wise?
I served in the USMC under the great Pres Reagan.
He knew how to lead and make an EFFECTIVE compromise with a democratic house back then.
Reagan also knew how to get an effective arms treaty signed with the former USSR as well.
The big issue I see is the right is bogged down by extreme ideology aka the "tea party" .
Grover Norquist gets a lot of right wingers to sign is no taxes , ever pledge to get support during elections.
I'm a democrat and feel strongly that Obama needs to lead with a bold  plan and vision on the economy. He hasn't really done that yet.

Pres Reagan was a great leader but he could work with a liberal democrat, like former speaker Tip O'Neil and together they got things done!
Today, for whatever reason , more folks seem interested in slinging mud then in getting anything constructive done.

If the US economy goes under, we all are screwed , the chinese don't care  which party we are in when the dollar goes belly up.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2011, 04:47:14 PM »
Agree. Great first point. And the posturing/blame game has got to stop. Jettison those tea baggers for a start.  
I'm a progressive democrat but to be fair some of the tea party  have some good ideas on effective cuts to help.
Take the best ideas from everyone and make a better  policy.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2011, 05:05:18 PM »
Any bets that the market drops another 100pts when he's done? lol

You biased moron. All the fiscal problems Obama are facing were caused by that redneck you love, George W.Bush. But of course your biased, stupid ass won't let facts get in the way of ideology. And I am far from an Obama fan.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2011, 05:09:53 PM »
Obama was one Hour late for his speech... He is as reliable as a ford taurus

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2011, 05:13:37 PM »
I'm a progressive democrat but to be fair some of the tea party  have some good ideas on effective cuts to help.
Take the best ideas from everyone and make a better  policy.
Sounds fair. But they are determined to be divisive and be viewed as impervious to concessions. I'm sure the rank and file Republicans are tired of their shenanigans. Politics is the art of compromise, and now is not the time to be adamant.  

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2011, 05:19:51 PM »
  You biased moron. All the fiscal problems Obama are facing were caused by that redneck you love, George W.Bush. But of course your biased, stupid ass won't let facts get in the way of ideology. And I am far from an Obama fan.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hahaha, another "Lets blame Bush minion" LOL. Look at the time of the stock market dropping out of it's ASS during his speech. Just DURING his speech it dropped OVER 60pts. Fuck you're stupid.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2011, 05:34:48 PM »
Hahaha, another "Lets blame Bush minion" LOL. Look at the time of the stock market dropping out of it's ASS during his speech. Just DURING his speech it dropped OVER 60pts. Fuck you're stupid.

The market was already expected to dip and the speech made no difference whatsoever.  I predicted a 1000 point drop but it actually went down only 634.  It will likely drop further as people are going to be selling off their mortgage bonds. 

A

suckmymuscle

« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2011, 05:35:32 PM »

Yes, and the stock market is dropping because of Obama's speech, huh? No, you fucking moron, it is dropping because Obama in his speech is saying that he cannot pay the enormous debt created by Bush during his administration. And don't ever call me stupid. Seriously. My IQ is literally twice yours.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2011, 05:42:20 PM »
 Yes, and the stock market is dropping because of Obama's speech, huh? No, you fucking moron, it is dropping because Obama in his speech is saying that he cannot pay the enormous debt created by Bush during his administration. And don't ever call me stupid. Seriously. My IQ is literally twice yours.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Stupid.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2011, 05:44:57 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Really? Was Obama not the Junior Senator form Illinois? You do know that congress presents the budgets? So explain exactly how Obama decided to run for POTUS with no idea what shape the economy was in. Bush is no innocent in this as he signed off on it, but Obama has doubled down on bad policy.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

suckmymuscle

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2011, 05:55:24 PM »
Really? Was Obama not the Junior Senator form Illinois? You do know that congress presents the budgets? So explain exactly how Obama decided to run for POTUS with no idea what shape the economy was in. Bush is no innocent in this as he signed off on it, but Obama has doubled down on bad policy.

Congress was controlled by Republicans during the Bush administration, so it's not like a minority senator can do much. And this debt crises is to blame on Republicans, obviously, since Bush got the U.S into Iraq and the Republican Party approved the spending. Aay more questions?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2011, 06:03:12 PM »
It's funny how the Democrats never seemed to realize that the republicans threw the last election by nominating McCain and then Palin!

And that the republicans will throw the election in 2012 and let Obama have it again.

It is actually a historic victory for the republicans to let the Democrats lead during this 8 year period of austerity and let all it's effects and unpopularity fall on their records.

Congratulations to Obama and the Democrats on winning the 2012 election!

IDIOTS! hahahaha  ;D