Author Topic: How to deal with Looters & Thugs - Koreans in the 1992 L.A. Riots  (Read 9988 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: How to deal with Looters & Thugs - Koreans in the 1992 L.A. Riots
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 10:07:55 AM »
Dude with the white cap is total badass. 

I hope he took out a few of those savages. 

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 10:12:04 AM »
lol, that's crazy.

don't fuck with Asians in pleated business slacks.
Deep Tissue Massage

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 10:14:13 AM »
WOW... gotta protect those 99 cent shirts and $5 shoes.... but hey, its their dollar shirts and $5 shoes... Its their families money for food on the table

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 10:14:24 AM »
In a just world you could push a button and lock the doors on that shop and suffocate every single one of those rodents with the most painful gas imaginable.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 10:15:23 AM »
I have a few Korean neighbors.   Best immigrants we ever had.    We need to pay those people to come over here and ship back the trash.   

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 10:32:42 AM »
hahah that's amazing.. these little azn's protecting their shit with weapons

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 10:34:44 AM »
Check out  :19  - :25 

FAIL!   

LMAO - the VCR fell out of the box.   

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 10:41:09 AM »
Asians do not fuck around.........look in the slummiest of slums here in the US and there's at least one guarantee....there is a Chinese restaurant and a 5 dollar shoe store.

White folks just run at the first sign of a black or hispanic and barricade themselves behind a gated community.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 10:42:45 AM »
Asians do not fuck around.........look in the slummiest of slums here in the US and there's at least one guarantee....there is a Chinese restaurant and a 5 dollar shoe store.

White folks just run at the first sign of a black or hispanic and barricade themselves behind a gated community.

You're an idiot.

Meso_z

• Getbig V

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 10:45:28 AM »
i remember watching this on tv.. i was only about 13 at the time, and my father wouldn't let us out the house, i live about a 5mim drive from Florance and normandie .. some mexican dude ran out with a tv from a store, when he got to the street, black dudes jumped out the car punched him in the face and ran off with his TV
ahhahaha

there was also this mexican couple who stole what looked like a Marble Dinner table from a furniture store, took them damn near an hour to get it thru the store gate, then waked about half a block and gave up ... walked over to payless shoes instead
hahhahahah

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 11:38:57 AM »
some mexican dude ran out with a tv from a store, when he got to the street, black dudes jumped out the car punched him in the face and ran off with his TV

lol

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 11:43:37 AM »

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 11:44:19 AM »
333386, none of that nonsense would happen in NYC.

Why?

The South Bronx for instance, most of those stores are owned by Blacks, Dominicans & Puerto Ricans that are always heavily armed and ready to blow someones head off.

Brooklyn, see above, but predominantly owned by blacks.

Staten Island, has a strong MAFIA influence that will stop any looter in his/her tracks.

Queens, not enough places to steal from, unless you try to steal from the car dealers AND most of them are Italians or EVEN WORSE Russian MAFIA.

Manhattan, uptown (north of 125) is again predominantly owned by blacks, Dominicans & puerto ricans.  South of 59th street is predominantly white and upper class, which happens to be the same place where ALL the cops will be pulled to.

"1"

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 11:44:39 AM »
The Korean in the vest was like an Asian version of Walter Sobchak.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 11:46:13 AM »
The Korean in the vest was like an Asian version of Walter Sobchak.

Looked like a beretta 92B  he was firing. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 01:27:36 PM »
According to this the cops ran away so fast they never tried to arrest anybody.

Riots and the Korean-American community

The Korean-American community in Los Angeles refers to the event as "Sa-E-Gu" (literally "4-29", the first day the riots broke out). The riots prompted various responses from the Korean-American community, including the formation of activist organizations such as the Association of Korean-American Victims, and increased efforts to build collaborative links with other ethnic groups.[74]

During the riots, many Koreans from throughout the area rushed to Koreatown, heeding a call put out on Korean-language radio stations for volunteer security guards. There was a lot of activity to protect the Korean businesses, especially in Koreatown. Many Koreans had weapons, including but not limited to: shotguns, AR-15s, semi-automatic AK-47-style rifles, and semi-automatic Uzis.[citation needed]

According to Edward Park, the 1992 violence stimulated a new wave of political activism among Korean Americans, but it also split them into two main camps. The liberals sought to unite with other minorities in Los Angeles to fight against racial oppression and scapegoating. The conservatives emphasized law and order and generally favored the economic and social policies of the Republican Party. The conservatives tended to emphasize the political differences between Koreans and other minorities, specifically blacks and Hispanics.[75][76]

One of the most iconic and controversial television images of the violence was a scene of two Korean merchants firing pistols repeatedly at roving looters. The New York Times said, "that the image seemed to speak of race war, and of vigilantes taking the law into their own hands."[77] "I want to make it clear that we didn't open fire first," said ,b>David Joo, manager of the gun shop. "At that time, four police cars were there. Somebody started to shoot at us. The L.A.P.D. ran away in half a second. I never saw such a fast escape. I was pretty disappointed."[77]

Defending the armed response of the Koreans, Mr. Rhyu said, "If it was your own business and your own property, would you be willing to trust it to someone else? We are glad the National Guard is here. They're good backup. But when our shops were burning we called the police every five minutes; no response."[77]

Jay Rhee estimated that he and others fired 500 shots into the ground and air. "We have lost our faith in the police," he said. "Where were you when we needed you?" One of the largest armed camps in Koreatown was at the California Market. On the first night after the verdicts were returned in the trial of the four officers charged in the beating of Rodney King, Richard Rhee, the market owner, posted himself in the parking lot with about 20 armed employees.[78]

One year after the riots fewer than one in four damaged or destroyed businesses reopened, according to the survey conducted by the Korean American Inter-Agency Council.[79] According to a Los Angeles Times survey conducted eleven months after the riots, almost 40% of Korean Americans said they were thinking of leaving Los Angeles.[80] Before a verdict was issued in the new 1993 Rodney King Federal civil rights trial against the four officers, Korean shop owners prepared for the worst as fear ran throughout the city, gun sales went up, virtually all of them by those of Korean descent, some merchants at flea markets removed their merchandise from their shelves, storefronts were fortified with extra Plexiglas and bars. Throughout the community, shop owners readied to defend themselves as if on the eve of a war.[79]

"Like many others, Miss Hwang's family is armed now with a Glock 17 pistol, a Beretta and a shotgun and they plan to barricade themselves in their store to fight off looters. Last year, she slept in the store for a month after the riot. The Korea Young Adult Team of Los Angeles, bought five AK-47 rifles. "We made a mistake last year," said Yong Kim, the group's leader. "This time we won't. I don't know why Koreans are always a special target for African Americans, but if they are going to attack our community then we are going to pay them back."[79]

,b> Texas House of Representatives member Suzanna Gratia-Hupp testified before Congress:“ As far as these so-called assault weapons, you say that they don't have any defense use. You tell that to the guy that I saw on a videotape of the L.A. riots, standing up on his rooftop protecting his property and his life from an entire mob with one of these so-called assault weapons. Tell me that he didn't have a legitimate self-defense use.[81]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots

Good technique, Fire Team members watching, guy with the radio ready to direct the firing.

________________________ ________________________ ____________________

Awesome - I wish I could have joined them and brought my stash there. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 01:38:29 PM »
"I want to make it clear that we didn't open fire first," said ,b>David Joo, manager of the gun shop. "At that time, four police cars were there. Somebody started to shoot at us. The L.A.P.D. ran away in half a second. I never saw such a fast escape. I was pretty disappointed."[77]

________________________ ______

When seconds count - the cops are only minutes away. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 01:41:07 PM »
Did the guy at 1:59 scream korea?

Lmao thats fucking awesome.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 01:44:13 PM »
Did the guy at 1:59 scream korea?

Lmao thats fucking awesome.

Dude in the White Hat is total badass.    Cool under fire.

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 01:47:15 PM »
I don't know why Koreans are always a special target for African Americans, but if they are going to attack our community then we are going to pay them back."[79]

hope british people can learn a lesson from those koreans

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 01:47:36 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V