Author Topic: Who smokes pot and claim to feel smarter while on it?  (Read 10188 times)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Re: Who smokes pot and claim to feel smarter while on it?
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2011, 09:17:01 AM »
x2   Nothing like laughing at a frying pan for 40 minutes.   ;D

/haven't done it in years

Been many years here as well. Too much paranoia near the end of my herbal adventuring days unfortunately.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2011, 09:24:59 AM »
I don't feel smarter but certainly calmer and relaxed after a hectic day of work. Used habitually though this effect is negated and pot is just as bad as any other drug causing delusion and laziness.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2011, 09:29:48 AM »
A vaporizer is smokeless and you need a script to get thc pills here in Canada. Don't know about NZ.

Vaporizer gets carconogenics in your system as well. But you don't get the burned paper in, which is in fact terribly unhealthy..

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2011, 09:31:17 AM »
How safe is something that inhibits the acetylcholinerasterase? By coincidence, last night I was scanning an agronomic handbook. So you can see this is the way insects get killed and this is considered dangerous for humans too.

Depending on dosage, everything is poisonous. Drink 2 gallons of water in 10 minutes and you will die from brain oedema...

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2011, 09:35:41 AM »
Depending on dosage, everything is poisonous.

Hi Paracelsus

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2011, 09:37:28 AM »
Hi Paracelsus
Allein die Dosis macht, daß ein Ding (k)ein Gift ist.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2011, 09:39:37 AM »
Allein die Dosis macht, daß ein Ding (k)ein Gift ist.

"Dosage makes the difference" is so ancient

Now it's "Up the dosage" hahaha

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2011, 09:44:38 AM »
Been many years here as well. Too much paranoia near the end of my herbal adventuring days unfortunately.

Yep.  I smoked heavily for a few years and had a similar tail-end experience.  Panic attacks, paranoia, hated having to go out or interact with anyone, etc.  Turned me into a fuckin' recluse.  It's more my head than the drug so I envy those who can still enjoy it but after awhile it just dredged up everything bad and didn't deliver any good.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2011, 09:51:33 AM »
Yep.  I smoked heavily for a few years and had a similar tail-end experience.  Panic attacks, paranoia, hated having to go out or interact with anyone, etc.  Turned me into a fuckin' recluse.  It's more my head than the drug so I envy those who can still enjoy it but after awhile it just dredged up everything bad and didn't deliver any good.

I've been reading lately that it's other chemicals in herbal products which are unrelated to the high (thc) which induce paranoia and other negative sides. Not 100% sure about that.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2011, 09:52:39 AM »
Vaporizer gets carconogenics in your system as well. But you don't get the burned paper in, which is in fact terribly unhealthy..

Most literature I've read on the subject state the opposite. Vaporizers remove the carcinogens. Other articles I've read say it doesn't.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2011, 09:56:20 AM »
Most literature I've read on the subject state the opposite. Vaporizers remove the carcinogens. Other articles I've read say it doesn't.
It removes a part, maybe the biggest part. So it's definitively less unhealthy, which isn't the same as healthy..

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2011, 09:59:40 AM »
It removes a part, maybe the biggest part. So it's definitively less unhealthy, which isn't the same as healthy..

You're right.

Tests conducted by Dr Gieringer showed that vapourisers which heat marijuana to 180-190°C vaporised THC below the burning point of cellulose and other plant material also the production of polycyclic hydrocarbons was reduced. The best vaporizer delivered 10 parts of tar to one part of cannabinoids, cannabis cigarettes yielded a ratio of 13:1 (average), and water pipes an average of 27:1.

Thus, the best vaporizers achieved a performance ratio about 25% higher than the unfiltered cannabis cigarette, while water pipes were less favourable than cigarettes. The use of a filter in a cannabis cigarette was not advantageous since it not only filtered the tars, but also the cannabinoids. Indeed, the performance ratio was decreased by about 30% compared to the unfiltered cigarette.

In a new study Gieringer was able to demonstrate that combustion products were substantially reduced by using another vaporizer. The used device produced THC at a temperature of 185°C while completely eliminating benzene, toluene and naphthalene. Significant amounts of benzene began to appear at temperatures of 200°C, while combustion occurred around 230°C or above.

Traces of THC were in evidence as low as 140°C. Carbon monoxide and tars were both qualitatively reduced by the vaporizer, but were not quantificated in this study. However, a significant reduction of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons was assumed since vaporized cannabis emitted a thin gray vapor and the plant material was left with a green to greenish-brown "toasted" appearance, whereas the combusted sample produced thick smoke and turned to ash.

Journal of Cannabis Therapeutics 2001

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2011, 10:35:07 AM »
How safe is something that inhibits the acetylcholinerasterase? By coincidence, last night I was scanning an agronomic handbook. So you can see this is the way insects get killed and this is considered dangerous for humans too.

I would imagine a product like Huperzine to be fairly safe. Insecticides do work in a similar fashion but in a substantially higher dosage. As I see it, similar effects, one is just much much weaker than the other. I am adding Huperzine to my nootropic stack to essentially prolong the effects of the Lecithin I am taking.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2011, 10:36:29 AM »

Bingo! I like this guy, Dutchguy.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2011, 10:54:57 AM »

I'm way past that stage, lol

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2011, 11:00:33 AM »

/haven't done it in years

What I remember once: "Hey, that traffic light coming up is red. What do you think, shall we stop or what...Let's see....?"
We were stoned like there was no tomorow that day. Total Jackass imbeciles we were...long time ago.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2011, 11:02:39 AM »
falcon
no that's just paint thinner and meth

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2011, 11:31:12 AM »
What I remember once: "Hey, that traffic light coming up is red. What do you think, shall we stop or what...Let's see....?"
We were stoned like there was no tomorow that day. Total Jackass imbeciles we were...long time ago.
We used to call those 'interstellar stop signs.'  Hard to brake for them when traveling at light speed.   8)

/former member of the jackass imbecile club

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »
I would imagine a product like Huperzine to be fairly safe. Insecticides do work in a similar fashion but in a substantially higher dosage. As I see it, similar effects, one is just much much weaker than the other. I am adding Huperzine to my nootropic stack to essentially prolong the effects of the Lecithin I am taking.
I read one time that Lecithin makes the volume of your "pop" increase...I got some, also because Shawn Ray recommended it on his Final Countdown vid...I shit you not, I came like Peter North...
I was like WTF...

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2011, 11:45:42 AM »
I read one time that Lecithin makes the volume of your "pop" increase...I got some, also because Shawn Ray recommended it on his Final Countdown vid...I shit you not, I came like Peter North...
I was like WTF...

I am actually experiencing that! TBLOP FTW here folks. Sad but true. Also I seem to be MUCH hornier than usual...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2011, 11:49:16 AM »
I am actually experiencing that! TBLOP FTW here folks. Sad but true. Also I seem to be MUCH hornier than usual...
I get that Lecithin 500 from Rite Aide/GNC...I have to research why Lecithin does that---make you produce more...

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2011, 12:00:43 PM »
There are two main types of weed though, indica and saliva. One makes u retarded and the other makes u the cleverest bastard in the world. Too clever infact

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2011, 12:03:20 PM »
There are two main types of weed though, indica and saliva. One makes u retarded and the other makes u the cleverest bastard in the world. Too clever infact
Saliva is something else than Salvia, sir Okapi...

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2011, 12:04:17 PM »
I get that Lecithin 500 from Rite Aide/GNC...I have to research why Lecithin does that---make you produce more...

I have Lecithin by Now, 400mg caps, I take 3 with breakfast. Great stuff!

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2011, 12:04:37 PM »
Saliva is something else than Salvia, sir Okapi...
Sativa I meant, posting on my iPhone, it writes down things it thinks ur trying to say