Author Topic: The NEW Undisputed WWE Champion.....ALLLLLLBBBERRTTTTOOO DEEEL RRRRRIIOOOOOOOOO!  (Read 4231 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
With a little assist from Big D, but nonetheless....

I called it. Del Rio is the man (at least for another 24 hours)!!

Short and sweet:

CM Punk covers Cena after a second GTS (albeit to Cena's stomach, not his head), but Cena's foot was on the bottom rope; Helmsley counts three, anyway.

Helmsley offers to shake Punk's hand; Punk refuses; Helmsley raises Punk's hand and leaves, clapping his hand in congratulations.

While Punk is celebrating, Nash comes from the crowd and forearms Punk; then, he applies one painful jack-knife powerbomb.

HHH sees this, runs back to the ring area and over the barricade, as Diesel leaves through the crowd.

With Helmsley's back turned, Del Rio FLIES to the ring with a second referee in tow. The MITB briefcase gets cashed.

Del Rio kicks Punk in the head; referee counts to THREE. By the time Helmsley realizes what has transpired, DEL RIO is the new CHAMPION!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
Summerslam results

Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison def Miz, R. Truth, Alberto Del Rio
Mark Henry def Sheamus via countout
Kelly Kelly def Beth Phoenix to retain Women's title
Wade Barrett def Daniel Bryan
Randy Orton def Christian to become WHC
CM Punk def John Cena to become undisputed WWE champion
Alberto Del Rio def CM Punk after cashing in MITB briefcase

full results:  http://www.24wrestling.com/wwe-summerslam-2011-results/

mass 04

• Getbig V
Some notes from the event:

According to sources leading up to SummerSlam 2011, Rey Mysterio was originally expected to face The Miz at the event. The rumored match, however, hinged on whether Rey was able to compete despite his recent legitimate knee injury.

A injury angle took place last week on RAW where The Miz attacked his rival before even had a chance to enter the ring for their scheduled match. The match was changed at the very last minute to a six-man tag match.

Mysterio has been hampered by a knee injury suffered at a live event on August 5. Prior to the injury, he was set to receive a big push leading up to SummerSlam, which took place in his home state on Sunday.

– It was noted on Sunday that Jim Ross tweeted he would be calling WWE SummerSlam alongside Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler. Ross obviously didn’t call the pay-per-view but was backstage at the event. Ross tweeted the following regarding the SummerSlam snub:

“I’m at Summer Slam on Twitter duty & not broadcasting. Booker’s working w/ Cole & king.

I am at SUMMER SLAM but backstage and not at ringside. Booker adds Smackdown representation not that Cole wouldn’t have. I’m twitter man.

I’m tweeting tonite..not broadcasting. Just happy to be here.

Game time decision to use Booker to rep Smackdown on tonite’s Summer Slam & to work with King & Cole. I’m happy for Booker.”

Ross had earlier tweeted: “Excited to work w/ Cole & King. Expect some surprise bouts to be added to tonite’s PPV.”

JR is obviously taking the high road here as he was originally set to call the event.

– As far as two months back, a storyline was discussed where Alberto Del Rio would have an on-screen bodyguard. After Kevin Nash’s return last night at SummerSlam to lay out CM Punk, it looks like Big Sexy may be the man playing the role of the bodyguard to the new champion.

– SummerSlam from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California was legitimately sold out. Talent weren’t even able to get comps for their friends and family for the event.

mass 04

• Getbig V
I don't like how they are playing hot potato with the belts. I think Nash is working with Alberto because he never gets any kind of crowd reaction...not good for a heel champ.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
I don't like how they are playing hot potato with the belts. I think Nash is working with Alberto because he never gets any kind of crowd reaction...not good for a heel champ.

Back in the "attitude era" they played "hot potato" with the belt and that is when the company came out of a funk, looks like they are trying that again. HHH, austin, rock, jericho & taker all got a big push at the same time playing "hot potato" with the belt.
sept 10th APF

mass 04

• Getbig V
Back in the "attitude era" they played "hot potato" with the belt and that is when the company came out of a funk, looks like they are trying that again. HHH, austin, rock, jericho & taker all got a big push at the same time playing "hot potato" with the belt.
I get why they are doing it with the WWE belt, but its kind of pointless to just keep flip-flopping the title between Orton and Christian each month. Orton is like a 10 time champ now.

mass 04

• Getbig V
wrestlezone.com

I have spoken with several people today and while most have NO idea what's going on with Kevin Nash and said that he was never around the other talent this weekend, there were a couple of things that seemed interesting.

Kevin Nash worked the "Gathering of the Juggalos" even in Illinois over the weekend.  He got in on late Friday night and wrestled a match with Sean Waltman (Scott Hall was there as well being taped for an upcoming E:60 feature on ESPN) against Kip and BG James.  He was scheduled for another indy shot in Wisconsin with Kip and BG, but had pulled out a couple of days prior to the event.  He told a couple of the guys at the Gathering that it had something to do with a new movie he got casted in and told others that his neck was acting up.  He left Illinois at 4 in the morning to head back to Memphis for an early afternoon flight.  Most assume he knew at that point that he was headed to California for SummerSlam.

One person I spoke with this morning told me that the new WWE '12 game features "Kevin Nash", not "Diesel", and that's more than likely the main reason the commentators announced him by his real name last night on the pay per view, rather than saying "Diesel".  It's also a big part of why they are bringing Kevin back now as they gear up to promote the game hard and heavy. 

No one knows anything about Kevin's contract situation at this point and whether or not he's signed a new deal separate from the "Legends" contract he signed back around the Rumble. 

As far as the direction they will be going with Nash's interference from last night, one source told me that the writers were not told anything last night.  However, one writer said today that Alberto Del Rio is apparently "not" the one behind Nash attacking CM Punk as a way for him to cash in the MITB contract and win the WWE Championship.  It's no surprise that Vince, Hunter and Stephanie are keeping this thing very quiet. 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
If HHH is really in charge now? He's gonna follow the same exact formula that created the Attitude Era. HHH is no visionary. It's a simple thing to do. Lift the PG rating. Congratulations to Del Rio. Punk is chewed up and spit out.

Hunter may oversee a lot of things now - Stephanie too - but the guy who has the final say on EVERYTHING is the same person it's always been since 1982.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
I would think so as well. VKM stays the man until he moves on to the squared circle in the sky.

VKM had the vision. Put his B@lls on the chopping block and went for it. I thank him for so many years of entertainment. VKM is King.

VKM is a smoldering pile of dogshit.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
VKM is King.

VKM is a smoldering pile of dogshit.

You're both right.
IMO, the old man is both the best AND worst thing to happen to professional wrestling.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

He got a pop from the crowd, when he headed to the ring to cash the briefcase.

And, he got BOOED big time on RAW the next night.

mass 04

• Getbig V
He got a pop from the crowd, when he headed to the ring to cash the briefcase.

And, he got BOOED big time on RAW the next night.

Of course he would get cheered in California, they have a huge Mexican population. The only heat he's ever gotten was the piped in Smackdown boos. Once he went to Raw, he stopped getting any reaction. I do like Ricardo, though. I lol'ed when he threw Cena's shirt back at him.