Author Topic: How much protein do you really need? Oh brother...  (Read 4510 times)

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
How much protein do you really need? Oh brother...
« on: August 14, 2011, 08:31:42 PM »
Marion Nestle, professor of nutrition at NYU and author of What to Eat, estimates that the average adult man needs about 65 grams of protein a day and the average adult female needs about 55 grams. Some sources, such as the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization say you can maintain a healthy diet with even less.

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/green/how-much-protein-do-you-really-need-2523319/

Thanks yahoo  ::)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Re: How much protein do you really need? Oh brother...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 09:48:40 PM »
You think that it's way off?  ::)

How much fat does a person need? 10 g? Oh brother, no way.  ::)

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 09:53:32 PM »
Of course they only need 65 grams of protein a day, the fuckin worms only do what a civilian does every day. When you're hardcore like me you need 65 grams just to wake up.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 10:10:54 PM »
well if you read the article you would understand that they talk about the average man. This may include those from 19 to 65 years of age though specifically the article does not mention this so they say average man. If you were to average the man together and divide that by the population of men who were included in the article then it would be low. If you were to ponder for a second and think about the study instead of posting on getbig you would have understood this to a, "T". Its the word "average" that you need to understand, but the first thing that goes through your mind is that of ronnie colemans ass being flexed so you assume 300 gram or something ridiculous.

Approved

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 11:08:30 PM »
Yeah, 60g protein and like 500g carbs. My nutrition teacher was like this. When I told her I was going to try a keto diet, not only did she chastise me but when another student asked me about it she promptly shut the discussion down. It's crazy how pro-carbohydrate many old school teacher types are honestly...Minimal fat, low protein, ultra high carb diets are all the rage apparently...

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 02:26:19 AM »
Of course they only need 65 grams of protein a day, the fuckin worms only do what a civilian does every day. When you're hardcore like me you need 65 grams just to wake up.

Haha - that's about the minimum I need for breakfast in the morning just to feel like I've had something meaningful.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 02:29:14 AM »
Marion Nestle, professor of nutrition at NYU and author of What to Eat, estimates that the average adult man needs about 65 grams of protein a day and the average adult female needs about 55 grams. Some sources, such as the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization say you can maintain a healthy diet with even less.

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/green/how-much-protein-do-you-really-need-2523319/

Thanks yahoo  ::)

I hate the State.

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 02:46:02 AM »
you need exactly as much as your body tells you 

LISTEN to your body!

nothing else matters , and this is not only articles about protein intake, it s one simple advice for everything (drugs, protein, training, life)

why do people make a science out of every shit?

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 10:26:13 PM »
If you were to average the man together and divide that by the population of men who were included in the article then it would be low. If you were to ponder for a second and think about the study instead of posting on getbig you would have understood this to a, "T". Its the word "average" that you need to understand, but the first thing that goes through your mind is that of ronnie colemans ass being flexed so you assume 300 gram or something ridiculous.
Approved

The average man that you and this article are referring to have a slow metabolism, bad immune system, smoke/drink/medicate (toxins that destroy different cells in the body), full time job with bad eating habits in order to get the job done, don't hydrate their body enough, growing new hair, nails, skin, making DNA etc etc
And according to you their requirement and recommendation of plant proteins is good enough as this article points out?
Good enough to stay alive yes and feel like a begonia maybe, not good enough for optimal health of "your"  average man.

Who in fucks name thinks of Ronnie Colemans flexed ass while reading this article?
You? While feeling your Jock Glide?
Dismisse"T"

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 01:40:27 AM »
My daily farts alone make up for 65 grams.. ;D

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 02:02:55 AM »
well if you read the article,,, you would understand that they talk about,,, THE AVERAGE MAN,, This may include those from 19 to 65 years,,,, of age though specifically the article,,,, DOES NOT MENTION THIS SO THEY SAY AVERAGE MAN,,, If you were to average the man together and divide,,,,, that by the population of men who were included in the article then it would be low,,,, IF YOU PONDER FOR A SECOND AND READ ABOUT THE STUDY,,, instead of posting on getbig,,,,, you would have understood this to a, "T". Its the word "average" that you need to understand,BUT THE FIRST THING THAT GOES THROUGH YOUR MIND IS THAT OF RONNIE COLEMANS ASS,,, being flexed so you assume 300 gram or something ridiculous,,,

Approved

fixed for you

EZ$

• Getbig II
  • I do curls for the girls
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 04:01:28 AM »
If you want to be just an average man, then eat just an average amount of protein.

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 04:33:06 AM »
If you want to be just an average man, then eat inject just an average amount of protein. AAS

fixed for you too.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 04:36:04 AM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 04:47:45 AM »

to keep her satisfied, you need more than 65 grams of protein

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 04:51:33 AM »
Goed gezien meneer!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 04:58:36 AM »
Goed gezien meneer!

Jou heb ik trouwens lang niet gezien hier, fawaka?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 05:01:42 AM »
65g is plenty for most people.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 05:26:27 AM »
65g is plenty for most people.

65g is right amount for somebody whose body weight minus BF%  equals 35kg/70lb. That mean 69% of getbiggers can go with that. Formula has been, it is  and it will be 2 g per kg (2lb)  of fat less body weight. You can eat so much than you afford, but there is limitations how much you can transfer to muscles per day. Your system digest the protein and transform it to amino acids, and this transformation take some time, so if you eat more, you just shit more and get fat. And it is quite expensive to eat protein just for fun of shitting and protein farts. If you use gear, your metabolism is faster and you can consume more protein.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 05:35:31 AM »
Yeah, 60g protein and like 500g carbs. My nutrition teacher was like this. When I told her I was going to try a keto diet, not only did she chastise me but when another student asked me about it she promptly shut the discussion down. It's crazy how pro-carbohydrate many old school teacher types are honestly...Minimal fat, low protein, ultra high carb diets are all the rage apparently...

honestly, what kind of a response were you expecting when you asked an old teacher about an extreme diet used by bodybuilders?  ::)
I

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 06:52:07 AM »
honestly, what kind of a response were you expecting when you asked an old teacher about an extreme diet used by bodybuilders?  ::)
He thought the teach would call up gh15...

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 07:36:23 AM »
to keep her satisfied, you need more than 65 grams inches of "protein"

a fix for you too, sir

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 08:07:24 AM »

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 03:08:40 PM »

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 03:18:20 PM »