Author Topic: Bodybuilding YES, Competing NO  (Read 4326 times)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Bodybuilding YES, Competing NO
« on: August 15, 2011, 01:29:05 PM »
Now I am a father of a young guy who is 2 month old.
Everytime they see my son, they say "He is gonna be a bber also?".
Then I say "nah, maybe a ballet dancer."
Ok. Its his life. I am happy if he choose things which make him happy.

But frankly speaking, I dont want him to be a bodybuilding competitor (especialy top level).
I saw too many things and almost feel pathetic for that.
Those competitors are not so happy in spite of their expence and ruinning their health.Even most of them are very insecure.
If he is a crazy guy like me who want to compete with his natural physique against those crazy users who buy those stuffs from black marcket, i dont feel that bad.
As most of you guys saying, BBing competition has died.
But, i will do recomend weight training to my son and i will never ever force him to do it like many idiot.
How do you think? You guys want your son to be a bber?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Bodybuilding YES, Competing NO
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 01:31:51 PM »
I've never heard of anyone forcing their kid to bodybuild, SPORTS yes, bodybuild NO

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 01:34:58 PM »

But frankly speaking, I dont want him to be a bodybuilding competitor (especialy top level).
Those competitors are not so happy in spite of their expence and ruinning their health.Even most of them are very insecure.
If he is a crazy guy like me who want to compete with his natural physique against those crazy users who buy those stuffs from black marcket, i dont feel that bad.
But, i will do recomend weight training to my son and i will never ever force him to do it like many idiot.
Hey, you got a broken one. Is it too late to make an exchange?     ;D

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 01:36:00 PM »
I've never heard of anyone forcing their kid to bodybuild, SPORTS yes, bodybuild NO
Can be this

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 01:37:13 PM »
Can be this

Well seems i have need corrected, thank you sir  ;D

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 01:41:13 PM »
This is so fucked up that people are willing to sell their family for status by posting pictures of them... man this is one sad picture I see, take this shit off you schmoe, protect your family, they are worth more than your fucking e-reputation. Of course your son is going to be a bodybuilder, he looks at his dad and sees some pathetic old man clinging to muscle by injecting steroids, walking around with a barvado and confidence that his friend's fathers don't have since their natural, you think he's not going to imitate you? When normal parents are having the sex talk with their son, you'll be having the steroid talk with your son, take his pic of and erase the thread, this is good advice.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 01:46:33 PM »

Start a thread about what you've heard and seen from top level competitors (the drama). A lot of people would be interested.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 01:48:33 PM »
BTW, Congratz on fatherhood  kyomu

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 01:50:45 PM »

Don't push him into anything he does not want to do....except bodybuilding. Keep him away from it, show him your pics from competing so he can see what his dad did but thats it. If anything get him intrested in sports, preferably mainstream. My son played (and still plays) baseball since his was 4 till last year (13) now he's starting his freshman year in high school and now plays football. Because of his discipline in just about all sports (training, skills, etc) he was awarded the starting wide receiver and D-back positions on the JV team....as a freshmen. Sports gives him (as with most kids) discipline and work ethic and respect for others and keeps his mind focused on education (he's a 3.6 GPA). Bodybuilding does very little of that. This what HE chose, I just pointed him in that direction.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 01:52:32 PM »

BTW, pull that pic of your son ON HERE. There's quite a few bad people on here. This is not the place to post pics of your kids.....TRUST ME!

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 01:55:11 PM »
This is so fucked up that people are willing to sell their family for status by posting pictures of them... man this is one sad picture I see, take this shit off you schmoe, protect your family, they are worth more than your fucking e-reputation. Of course your son is going to be a bodybuilder, he looks at his dad and sees some pathetic old man clinging to muscle by injecting steroids, walking around with a barvado and confidence that his friend's fathers don't have since their natural, you think he's not going to imitate you? When normal parents are having the sex talk with their son, you'll be having the steroid talk with your son, take his pic of and erase the thread, this is good advice.
I thought so at first.
But hey, my wife up loaded this pic with my name  on the facebook and i have more than 500people in facebook whom i dont even talk to.
then i thought what is the difference between here and facebook.

And also. You are implying that he is gonna be a natural competitor like me no?

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 01:58:21 PM »
Start a thread about what you've heard and seen from top level competitors (the drama). A lot of people would be interested.
No need to hearing from paco about that, but there are tons of drama from local competitors level.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 02:01:50 PM »
BTW, pull that pic of your son ON HERE. There's quite a few bad people on here. This is not the place to post pics of your kids.....TRUST ME!
Thanx for your advice.
Cus you are a veteran here.
i would do it.

Xerxes

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 02:07:19 PM »

And yet you manage to quote it, thus making the picture appear once more. You are a disgrace to the genus homo.

dustin

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 02:17:12 PM »
If my son wants to work out I'll definitely show him the way. But if bodybuilding is brought up he's getting a spanking.

Do the right thing and keep him away from it, man. You should know better than that.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 02:19:09 PM »
If my son wants to work out I'll definitely show him the way. But if bodybuilding is brought up he's getting a spanking.

Do the right thing and keep him away from it, man. You should know better than that.
I will just tell him the truth. Thats it.
I think its enough to feel disgusting.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 02:21:21 PM »
as long as your son isn't a buggy board athlete , you will be ok

io856

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 02:21:52 PM »
 ;)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 02:24:51 PM »
as long as your son isn't a buggy board athlete , you will be ok

Thats true. This is nothing good for health. :(

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 02:26:22 PM »
Let your son be himself. As he grows up, if he is interested in something, be it bodybuilding, dancing or soccer, encourage him by  praising him for his accomplishments and comforting him when things don't go the way he hoped. Never be a "stage dad" forcing your son to compete or chiding him when he fails. Kids need to enjoy their childhoods....you only get to be a kid once. Sports are meant to be enjoyed and should be fun endeavors for young folks. Too many parents try to vicariously live out their dreams at their children's expense.

It is certainly possible that your son will want to follow in his dad's foot steps. I see many fathers and sons working out at the gym together. My son has worked out with me over the years. However, he prefers running and playing team sports to lifting weights. He's a healthy guy. He's had a lot of fun over the years being involved in everything from little league baseball to high school football and eventually soccer. At forty-five, he is still an avid sportsman, a physically fit and very happy man. What more could a father hope for for their son?

newmom

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 02:26:32 PM »
kyomu he's absolutely precious..but ask the mods to remove the quotes also.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 02:28:00 PM »
;)
Lee is one of the smart guy in the industry.
He made good money from bbing without risking that much health.
But , he is also surrounded by dramas...ok. Not the level of Milos though... :-\

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 02:28:55 PM »
kyomu he's absolutely precious..but ask the mods to remove the quotes also.
Thank you. Ill do it.

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 02:47:37 PM »
Kyomu, weight training is a great hobby for a kid to get into.  If he chooses to use steroids and compete, then that is his choice.  The gym and sports can be a tremendous outlet for a kid growing up to release stress and keep focused on something positive.  I say push him toward the gym, but don't encourage or show the path toward competitive bodybuilding, and that way, if he does compete, it is totally his choice.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 02:59:09 PM »
Kyomu, weight training is a great hobby for a kid to get into.  If he chooses to use steroids and compete, then that is his choice.  The gym and sports can be a tremendous outlet for a kid growing up to release stress and keep focused on something positive.  I say push him toward the gym, but don't encourage or show the path toward competitive bodybuilding, and that way, if he does compete, it is totally his choice.
Highly agreed.
Basicaly i would respect his choice.
But here, i am just talking about my wish and notion.