Author Topic: Resident Evil Retribution  (Read 11766 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Resident Evil Retribution
« on: August 18, 2011, 08:50:00 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BooYah/news/?a=44650

Milla Jovovich Gives An Update On Resident Evil: Retribution
Milla Jovovich used her Twitter account to give an update on the new action film.
Also adding that they will begin shooting in late September here is what Milla Jovovich tweeted:

"YES! WE ARE DOING A HUGE ACTION SEQUENCE IN RED SQUARE!"

It's been said that most of the principal photography is taking place in Toronto and Tokyo but Whether the production will actually be shooting in Moscow or will recreate Red Square via a soundstage and green screen is unknown.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: Resident Evil Retribution
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 03:29:14 PM »
Love the Resident Evil series, esp. the first and Extinction

Jill Valentine needs to go back to being a brunette

oenguinseatsocks

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 08:05:37 AM »
eh, i could give less of a crap about the movies.  love the games though.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 10:48:22 PM »
Milla Jovovich Talks A Little Bit About Resident Evil: Retribution, Plus A New Name On The Cast!
Milla Jovovich has started tweeting about what's going on the set of Resident Evil: Retribution and a new name has been added to the cast of the movie. Check After the Jump!

The filming of Resident Evil: Retribution is about to start, and Milla Jovovich has started tweeting about what's going on the set, and the stuff she's been up to in there. She has talked about the fight choreography that she is having with the Mortal Kombat star Robin Shou and the guns training:

Also another piece of information about the movie is that actor Colin Salmon, who played 'One' at the first film on 2002, is returning for the new movie.

Resident Evil: Retribution starts filming on October. With Milla Jovovich, Sienna Guillory and Colin Salmon confirmed on the cast, the movie is set to come in September 14, 2012!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Lucaxmen/news/?a=46243

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 10:59:55 PM »
The most recent movie (afterlife?) was horrible.  The previous 3 were great, though.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 11:57:15 PM »

The most recent movie (afterlife?) was horrible.  The previous 3 were great, though.

Yeah, I thought they'd end it with Afterlife, but it's still going, lol. It's getting old with Alice kicking zombie and Umbrella ass in 4 movies now.

That said, I'd still watch it. Hope it's better than Afterlife.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 04:25:12 AM »
If she comes to Tokyo, Milla can stop by my house for a night or two.  ;D

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 03:24:07 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/NuffSaid/news/?a=47194

Kevin Durand and Johann Urb Join RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION
Resident Evil enlists the help of series rookies Johann Urb and Kevin Durand for the upcoming sequel
Kevin Durand joins the cast of RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION. CBM fans will recognize Durand from his roles in X-MEN Origins: Wolverine, LOST, and I Am Number Four. Durand is accompanied by series rookie Johann Urb, whose best known for his role in the ABC series Eastwich. Although no information about Durand's role has been released, Urb will reportedly play a Resistance leader who fights alongside Alice in her battle against the Umbrella Corporation.

Director Paul W.S. Anderson wrote the script this time around, so we should expect an even more ridiculous gory, action filled spectacle. Constantin Film and Screen Gems will co-produce RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION which is set for release next year. The film stars Milla Jovovich, Michelle Rodriguez, Johann Urb, Boris Kodjoe, Shawn Roberts, Sienna Guillory, Oded Fehr and Kevin Durand.

Resident Evil: Retribution is an upcoming 2012 3D science-fiction action film written and directed by Paul W. S. Anderson. It is the fifth installment in a series of film adaptations based loosely on Capcom's survival horror video game series Resident Evil.

The film has many returning actors and characters, along with new characters from the video game not featured in the films. The film is preceded by Resident Evil (2002), Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004), Resident Evil: Extinction (2007) and Resident Evil: Afterlife (2010). It is the second film in the series to be filmed in 3D. The film will take plot elements from the fourth video game.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 08:26:06 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Lucaxmen/news/?a=47319

Johann Urb's Character In Resident Evil: Retribution Revealed!
In another twitter update, actress Milla Jovovich reveals who the actor Johann Urb is going to play in the movie, and it is a big time loved character from the video games.

In yet another Twitter update, actress Milla Jovovich revealed who the actor Johann Urb is going to play on Resident Evil: Retribution:

It was known that his character would be "leader of a resistance group that unites with Alice to fight Umbrella". So here you got, Johann Urb is gonna be the first actor to portray the beloved character Leon Scott Kennedy, which fans always wanted on the movies.

Resident Evil: Retribution has on the cast Milla Jovovich, Sienna Guillory, Boris Kodjoe, Johann Urb, Kevin Durand, Shawn Roberts, Michelle Rodriguez, Oded Fehr and Colin Salmon confirmed and is set to come in September 14, 2012 in 3D!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 09:14:15 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=47467

10 Things About Resident Evil: Retribution
Collider was able to get an exclusive interview with Paul W.S. Anderson, the director of the fifth Resident Evil film. Paul goes into great detail about the next installment.

RESIDENT EVIL 5

The franchise is based on a video game of the same name. It has been one of the few franchises that has been able to make a successful transition from the video game platform to full featured film. And a lot of that success has to rest upon director Paul W.S. Anderson. He has been able to take a video game that blends two genres, horror and action and make it work. Each subsequent film in the franchise has outperformed the previous film. We'll see if Paul can keep up that remarkable track record when he releases the fifth film next september.

To keep mixing it up, making sure the franchise stays fresh, Anderson will be introducing the Las Plagas parasite. You can also expect plenty of action scenes that were featured in the video game. Also expect an assortment of characters straight from the game to make an appearance.

One of the things Anderson felt was important was meeting with the producers of the game, Capcom. He immediately met with officials of the company to map out the film in such a way that the next movie wouldn't screw up the continuity of the game. As an example he stresses that he'd like to avoid killing off a character that Capcom plans to keep alive in further games. Also, having them act out of character from their game version is another issue he'd like avoid.

RE:5 starts filming in Toronto in a week.
Anderson lent heavily on the video games for inspiration for Retribution, just as they did with the previous films.

They’re bringing in the Las Plagas parasite from the games for Retribution. It will allow the undead to “run around, ride motorbikes, and shoot machine guns.”

They’re recreating an action set-piece from the fifth video game where the characters are driving in a Hummer while being chased by zombies. Anderson changed the vehicle to a Rolls Royce Phantom.

They had to tear apart and rebuild the Phantom with roll-bars and such in order to shoot the chase scene.

Responding to criticisms that the film franchise has become too action-heavy while sidelining the horror, Anderson said the games have followed the same trajectory, leading to some phenomenal action sequences. He praises the franchise for consistently changing things up.

When decided which new characters to include in Retribution, Anderson and Milla Jovovich listened to the fanbase. They settled on adding Leon Kennedy, Ada Wong, and Barry Burton, who they felt where the three fan-favorites that the film franchise has yet to touch on.

When casting for the new characters, they tried their best to get people that looked as much like the game characters as possible.

Retribution takes place in Tokyo, Moscow, and North America. They’re filming in all three locations.

When Anderson signed on for the first film, he flew to Osaka and spent three days at Capcom explaining his vision and having a dialogue with the game creators.

Anderson says the relationship between the films and Capcom is symbiotic. They look at the scripts and give notes, and sometimes the Anderson and the people working on the film franchise will change things because of the comments.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 09:10:25 AM »
I saw the first, thought it was terrible, havnt touched the rest

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 03:40:21 PM »
I saw the first, thought it was terrible, havnt touched the rest

Are you a fan of the games? Most of the gamers hate the movies, since the storyline and some of the characters are different from the games'.

Watch the 3rd one, which is kick ass. The movies lean more towards action than horror, though.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 06:34:35 PM »
Are you a fan of the games? Most of the gamers hate the movies, since the storyline and some of the characters are different from the games'.

Watch the 3rd one, which is kick ass. The movies lean more towards action than horror, though.

I like both!

Actually i don't get the people that think that the movie has to be the same as the game. My opinion is that games are much better than movies nowadays anyways, a good game will thrill you and bind you to your seat like no movie can, games have a much longer time frame as well, they can entertain you for weeks, drag you deeper and deeper in the story.

Games are much closer to books in that regard, although they have the strong point that they allow you to ACT inside the story, which can put a game even a notch above books.

A movie has to be good entertainment for 2 or 3 hours, if the story gets too complicated because of too many characters or plot twists it's no fun, a movie can have one or two plot twists maximum, otherwise it get boring or simply annoying.

The RE movies have nipples, zombies, shotguns, lots of blood, one-liners. I wouldn't expect more, and that is ok for me. If i want horror, i play the games.

On a side note, are there any good examples of a movie having been transferred sucessfully into a game?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 06:45:13 PM »
I like both!

Actually i don't get the people that think that the movie has to be the same as the game. My opinion is that games are much better than movies nowadays anyways, a good game will thrill you and bind you to your seat like no movie can, games have a much longer time frame as well, they can entertain you for weeks, drag you deeper and deeper in the story.

Games are much closer to books in that regard, although they have the strong point that they allow you to ACT inside the story, which can put a game even a notch above books.

A movie has to be good entertainment for 2 or 3 hours, if the story gets too complicated because of too many characters or plot twists it's no fun, a movie can have one or two plot twists maximum, otherwise it get boring or simply annoying.

The RE movies have nipples, zombies, shotguns, lots of blood, one-liners. I wouldn't expect more, and that is ok for me. If i want horror, i play the games.

On a side note, are there any good examples of a movie having been transferred sucessfully into a game?

Only thing I can think of now is The Chronicles of Riddick, which is actually an awesome game. I've got other games based on movies, like The Godfather, Matrix: Path of Neo, Constantine and Reign of Fire, but I haven't tried any of those yet.

And yeah, I like the RE series for the same reasons, lol. It's biggest selling point for me is Alice and all the action. Haven't played any RE games, though.

Have you played Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, DK? It's pretty good and I like it better than the X Men Legends games, since you've got characters like Capt America, Thor, Silver Surfer, Fantastic Four and Spiderman that the X Men games don't. If you haven't tried it, check it out, you might like it.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 06:52:33 PM »
Only thing I can think of now is The Chronicles of Riddick, which is actually an awesome game. I've got other games based on movies, like The Godfather, Matrix: Path of Neo, Constantine and Reign of Fire, but I haven't tried any of those yet.

And yeah, I like the RE series for the same reasons, lol. It's biggest selling point for me is Alice and all the action. Haven't played any RE games, though.

Have you played Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, DK? It's pretty good and I like it better than the X Men Legends games, since you've got characters like Capt America, Thor, Silver Surfer, Fantastic Four and Spiderman that the X Men games don't. If you haven't tried it, check it out, you might like it.

You should try the games, they are fun.

I haven't played ultimate alliance, somehow the Japs aren't much into the Marvel stuff, i also want to play the Spider-Man games, but they aren't available in Japan, only US import, and frankly i don't know if i can play those on my Japanese PS3, have to find that out.
But the recent Marvel games look amazing, i will definitely need to try them. I loved the old 2D street fighter vs Marvel stuff, lol.

But the next game i want to get is Assassin's Creed 2, i missed that one and want to play it.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 07:01:51 PM »
You should try the games, they are fun.

I haven't played ultimate alliance, somehow the Japs aren't much into the Marvel stuff, i also want to play the Spider-Man games, but they aren't available in Japan, only US import, and frankly i don't know if i can play those on my Japanese PS3, have to find that out.
But the recent Marvel games look amazing, i will definitely need to try them. I loved the old 2D street fighter vs Marvel stuff, lol.

But the next game i want to get is Assassin's Creed 2, i missed that one and want to play it.

I've got the Xbox and I think most of RE games (at least the older ones) only came out for PS2 and PC. I also bought Silent Hill 4: The Room, but haven't tried that yet. How do you think SH compares to RE?

Where can you buy games for your Japanese PS3 other than from Japan? Can you buy games from Australia or NZ and play those on yours? Amazon.com has great deals and are very reliable, so if you can play the US version of the games in your system, check that site out.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 07:15:00 PM »
I've got the Xbox and I think most of RE games (at least the older ones) only came out for PS2 and PC. I also bought Silent Hill 4: The Room, but haven't tried that yet. How do you think SH compares to RE?

Where can you buy games for your Japanese PS3 other than from Japan? Can you buy games from Australia or NZ and play those on yours? Amazon.com has great deals and are very reliable, so if you can play the US version of the games in your system, check that site out.

Never played SH, although a friend of mine swears it's much better than RE.

You can get all the US games on amazon.jp, no problem. I just never bothered because i don't know if i can play them, and there's still enough other games i want to play, so i never came to check it, lol....

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 10:54:17 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=48145

Gun Training for Resident Evil's Milla Jovovich, Michelle Rodriguez & Sienna Guillory
Milla Jovovich has posted four behind-the-scenes clips. Three feature the sexy gals and their guns, while the fourth is of the destruction on the Resident Evil: Retribution set.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 09:09:51 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=48818

First Look at 'Leon Kennedy' On the Set Of Resident Evil: Retribution!
Via her official Twitter account, Milla Jovovich has posted a behind-the-scenes video from the set of Resident Evil: Retribution, that gives us our first look at Johann Urb as the fan-favorite character, Leon Kennedy. Check it out...

With shooting underway for Paul W. S. Anderson-directed 3D film, Resident Evil: Retribution, Milla Jovovich who plays the main character 'Alice' has revealed via her official Twitter account this new behind-the-scenes video that gives us our first look Johann Urb as Leon Kennedy.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 07:09:37 AM »
God no.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 12:32:33 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Lucaxmen/news/?a=48979

New Resident Evil: Retribution Set Photos Gives Us The First Look At Kevin Durand As Barry Burton!
Even more photos from the movie set have surfaced, giving us the first look at Kevin Durand as the classic character Barry Burton from the first Resident Evil video game.

Thanks to the always reliable Resident Evil Xtreme English Facebook page we have two new pictures from the Resident Evil: Retribution Set, featuring Johann Urb as Leon S. Kennedy, Boris Kodjoe as Luther West and our first look at Kevin Durand as Barry Burton.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 09:52:13 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=49824

Milla Jovovich Spotted On Underworld Resident Evil: Retribution Set In New Costume!
Two new photos have been revealed from the set of Resident Evil: Retribution, featuring Milla Jovovich, who plays the main character 'Alice' wearing a new costume. Check it out...
Resident Evil: Retribution is an upcoming 2012 3D science-fiction action film written and directed by Paul W. S. Anderson. It is the fifth installment in a series of film adaptations based loosely on Capcom's survival horror video game series Resident Evil. Currently in the planning stages, it is set to begin filming from October 10 to December 23, 2011, following the box-office success of Resident Evil: Afterlife.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 11:18:10 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=49881

Alice & First Look at Ada Wong Costume in New Resident Evil: Retribution Set Video
Milla Jovovich has just posted a set video showing off her new look in the movie, and the first look at Li Bingbing in the classic Ada Wong red dress with the sexy slit.

RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION

Thanks to CBM's PaulRomCBM for the heads up!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 05:14:39 PM »

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 02:52:59 PM »
Love the Resident Evil series, esp. the first and Extinction

Jill Valentine needs to go back to being a brunette
The Resident Evil Movies fucking blow compared to the Video game franchise it is based off of.  Resident Evil, is my favorite franchise in video game history.  The movies fucking blow.