Author Topic: is it strange/wrong to have a few drinks alone?  (Read 5099 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
is it strange/wrong to have a few drinks alone?
« on: August 18, 2011, 09:57:12 PM »
I guess I care enough to make a thread./ .. I dont really care that much. is it strange/wrong to have a few drinks by myself after a long day? feel like/am getting hammered and its raining like a mofo outside/

need the getbig brethren to weigh in on this

thanks

bradistani

• Getbig V
Re: is it strange/wrong
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 10:00:54 PM »
its 2 minutes to 6 in the morning here, and i'm just about to finish my 3rd can of stella then hit the sack  8)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 10:10:43 PM »
Nope, its all good. 1:10am near me and I am watching a movie on netflix, but not drinking a beer :(
X

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 10:16:44 PM »
I guess I care enough to make a thread./ .. I dont really care that much. is it strange/wrong to have a few drinks by myself after a long day? feel like/am getting hammered and its raining like a mofo outside/

thanks

Only sheeple would tell you that drinking alone is wrong. If you enjoy a couple brews with or without people what is the problem? Now, if you ONLY drink alone you might have a reason to worry, but otherwise I woudn't concern myself...

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »
I asked my good friend this question a few weeks ago and he asked me, did you drive or stay home? I stayed home.. He then said, "it is ok to drink at home by yourself as long as you don't drive..

Sounds good to me...

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 10:19:42 PM »
Don't ever let any of these c u n t s tell you how to live or enjoy your life... As long as your not behind the wheel of a car plastered by all means shoot some heroin while your at it.... It's your life ENJOY it

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 10:22:51 PM »
Between 26 and 30 I used to have 2 kegs on tap at home at all times in my kegerator... don't drink as much anymore due to my asthma getting bad when I get bloated Cus of beer,

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 04:46:32 AM »
Havin a few drinks alone should be encouraged, it's therapuetic. It's impossible to have self-reflection when there are others around yelling, screaming about all of their drama. People don't spend nearly enough time in solitude. I'm a loner and it drives others crazy. They have been conditioned by society to believe that there is something wrong with that. These folks/fellas are the mindless/thoughtless generation nothingness tech zombies I must live amongst.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 04:55:47 AM »
its 2 minutes to 6 in the morning here, and i'm just about to finish my 3rd can of stella then hit the sack  8)
And at that time this morning I was on my 4th Weetabix about to drive to the gym
Saturday night though...ive a boxing match and gonna relax (no alcohol) after it

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 04:56:32 AM »
Nothing wrong with sitting alone - I left the gym on Tuesday night still in my gym clothes and drove to my local pub and ordered me a nice 16oz steak, sat alone, didn't talk to anyone, no-one bothered me, ate it all, then walked out - it felt like a Ronnie Coleman/Black Eyed Pea moment!  8)

newmom

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 05:09:26 AM »
nothing is wrong with that.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 05:37:16 AM »

thanks

Welcome to the mid-30's  early 40's.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 09:34:55 AM »
lol ^^

nails who is this

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 09:40:06 AM »
as someone said, it's probably very therapeutic.

i often fantasize about having a drink by myself.
Deep Tissue Massage

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 09:47:54 AM »
I much prefer to go to a bar and have a drink by myself as compared to walking in with an entourage so to speak.

Caution: insecure/pretentious fella cannot handle solitude.

dawakaman

• Getbig III
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 01:37:10 PM »
To tell you the truth: in Amsterdam its 22.30 right now,my daugher's in bed and I'm drinking a Chievas Regal on the rocks,and surfing Getbig.Can it get any better?LOL
Enjoy your weekend y'all!

Peace

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 01:45:18 PM »
you wanna know what's a very good idea?

drink alone and do deadlifts and rows in your house.

minimal equipment, if youre too drunk you just can't pick it up, and you FEEL NO PAIN.  I did 30 straight reps of barbell rows with 135 the other night with 2 wines in me... felt great.

Power

• Getbig III
  • Move along
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 01:48:02 PM »

Is that some sort of slang for have sex with the wife?

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 01:48:30 PM »

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 02:27:44 PM »
Nothing wrong with sitting alone - I left the gym on Tuesday night still in my gym clothes and drove to my local pub and ordered me a nice 16oz steak, sat alone, didn't talk to anyone, no-one bothered me, ate it all, then walked out - it felt like a Ronnie Coleman/Black Eyed Pea moment!  8)

Cool story, bro. Did you have beer with that?

And my feelings exactly.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 03:36:03 PM »
i just got back last week from a 2 week solo motorcycle trip. New york to the grand canyon and back. Camped out every night with a bottle of whisky. Everyone thinks its so strange that I like to do that sort of thing but I am my best company. Nobody to slow me down, distract me, bother me.

It takes a lot of self confidence to be able to walk into a restaurant and order food alone. I do it all the time now, despite the fact that even a year ago I would never do anything alone.

I read a book about it and gave the system a try. First thing I did was go to a coffee shop alone, order a coffee and something light to eat, sit down, eat it real quick and leave.. Then I went to a bar alone and drank one beer and left. Then I went back to the coffee shop and drank the coffee sitting alone. Keep getting longer and longer, until you can actually eat a meal alone at a restaurant.

Now that I travel a lot for work, I can go to a bar in a strange city alone, and leave knowing half the people in there, and on occasion, a slut with no morals.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2011, 03:41:57 PM »
Cool story, bro. Did you have beer with that?

And my feelings exactly.

Yep - washed it all down with a real ale I hadn't tried before - I don't normally drink it but it was something new to try - went all sensible though and chose a baked potato instead of fries.  :)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 03:44:58 PM »
Sometimes I'll just be standing there with a beer in my left hand and be thinking "What the hell am I doing", I just pour it down the sink.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 03:47:31 PM »
I went to Oktoberfest in Munich Germany 2 years ago just cus i love to drink  ;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 03:50:59 PM »
Yep - washed it all down with a real ale I hadn't tried before - I don't normally drink it but it was something new to try - went all sensible though and chose a baked potato instead of fries.  :)

Nice. Are you a Guinness drinker?