Author Topic: Tea Party Chairwoman jokes about killing Obama and his wife  (Read 2571 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Tea Party Chairwoman jokes about killing Obama and his wife
« on: August 19, 2011, 07:46:03 AM »
Not a very good idea for her to say.....if it sounds like a terrorist... ::)

http://www.wistv.com/story/15253135/sumter-tea-party-chair-jokes-on-facebook-about-killing-obamas?hpt=po_bn6

SUMTER, SC (WIS) - The chairwoman of the Sumter Tea Party is taking some heat after posting a joke on Facebook about killing the president and first lady.

Shery Lanford Smith posted the joke on her public profile Thursday afternoon, according to a screen-capture taken by the Sumter Item's Nick McCormac. Smith removed the post after being asked about it.

In the joke, the Obamas' helicopter pilot says to his co-pilot, "I could throw both of them out of the window and make 256 million people very happy!" Smith also posted, "If you're one of [the] 256 million, pass it on," implying she herself would be happy to see the Obamas killed.

The joke has been circulating for years in various forms which have included the names of multiple political figures. "It's just a joke," Smith told the Item when contacted about her post. "I had no idea it would be an issue."

Smith was elected chairwoman of the Sumter Tea Party in February 2011, according to the organization's now-defunct website.

While Smith's joke was clearly posted in jest, this isn't the first time a South Carolina political figure has come under fire for inflammatory Facebook posts. In 2009, longtime SCGOP activist Rusty DePass drew national attention after posting that an escaped gorilla was probably "just one of Michelle [Obama]'s ancestors."

In July, the co-chairman of the Kershaw County Republican Party was asked to resign after 'liking' a post which outlines when one should "shoot a cop." That article was posted by the Kershaw County Patriots, another tea party-affiliated group.

Do you think Smith's statement was appropriate, even as a joke? Weigh in on our Facebook page.
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Tea Party Chairwoman jokes about killing Obama and his wife
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 07:50:45 AM »
Not a very good idea for her to say.....if it sounds like a terrorist... ::)

http://www.wistv.com/story/15253135/sumter-tea-party-chair-jokes-on-facebook-about-killing-obamas?hpt=po_bn6

SUMTER, SC (WIS) - The chairwoman of the Sumter Tea Party is taking some heat after posting a joke on Facebook about killing the president and first lady.

Shery Lanford Smith posted the joke on her public profile Thursday afternoon, according to a screen-capture taken by the Sumter Item's Nick McCormac. Smith removed the post after being asked about it.

In the joke, the Obamas' helicopter pilot says to his co-pilot, "I could throw both of them out of the window and make 256 million people very happy!" Smith also posted, "If you're one of [the] 256 million, pass it on," implying she herself would be happy to see the Obamas killed.

The joke has been circulating for years in various forms which have included the names of multiple political figures. "It's just a joke," Smith told the Item when contacted about her post. "I had no idea it would be an issue."

Smith was elected chairwoman of the Sumter Tea Party in February 2011, according to the organization's now-defunct website.

While Smith's joke was clearly posted in jest, this isn't the first time a South Carolina political figure has come under fire for inflammatory Facebook posts. In 2009, longtime SCGOP activist Rusty DePass drew national attention after posting that an escaped gorilla was probably "just one of Michelle [Obama]'s ancestors."

In July, the co-chairman of the Kershaw County Republican Party was asked to resign after 'liking' a post which outlines when one should "shoot a cop." That article was posted by the Kershaw County Patriots, another tea party-affiliated group.

Do you think Smith's statement was appropriate, even as a joke? Weigh in on our Facebook page.

This exemplifies the main problem with Teabaggers

They are fucking morons

That's the one trait that all have in common

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 07:51:33 AM »
A friend of mine (obviously a re-post) put this on FB as well. Must be going around.

I was a little scared for her, but I didn't say anything. It is pushing the envelope.
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 07:53:19 AM »
 Yeah, cause the same was not done when Bush was POTUS either?  They made a movie about it!  

Personally, I dont want physical harm to those two looters and flash mobbers since it will garner them sympathy and martyr status and they have two daughters as well.

No its not appropriate for her to say this since its stupid.  

Mind you, if he was attacked by a shark in MV and forced to resign I would not be too unhappy.    

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 07:56:11 AM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 08:00:39 AM »
3333 - you're only helping prove the point that teabaggers are profoundly stupid ( I would say ignorant but most are adults and the cement has dried - they are just fucking DUMB)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 08:05:08 AM »
3333 - you're only helping prove the point that teabaggers are profoundly stupid ( I would say ignorant but most are adults and the cement has dried - they are just fucking DUMB)

More liberal double standards from you.   This was done almost weekly while was POTUS and you clowns didnt say a word.   

Like I said I dont harm to come to obama because people would sympathize with him etc.   

I prefer ridicule, daily mocking, humiliation, and that absolute Tsunami coming in 2012 against this Flash Mob. admn.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 08:08:52 AM »

More liberal double standards from you.   This was done almost weekly while was POTUS and you clowns didnt say a word.   
Like I said I dont harm to come to obama because people would sympathize with him etc.   

I prefer ridicule, daily mocking, humiliation, and that absolute Tsunami coming in 2012 against this Flash Mob. admn.   

what was done almost weekly

are you trying to say that Dems made jokes about killing Bush on a weekly basis

I don't recall that and I certainly didn't make any

you know why?

because it's not funny

if you weren't a moron teabagger you would understand that

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 08:10:48 AM »
what was done almost weekly

are you trying to say that Dems made jokes about killing Bush on a weekly basis

I don't recall that and I certainly didn't make any

you know why?

because it's not funny

if you weren't a moron teabagger you would understand that

Really?  I am a moron? 

Seems like almost all of my projections about how this admns policies would end up have come true. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 08:25:02 AM »
Really?  I am a moron? 
Seems like almost all of my projections about how this admns policies would end up have come true. 

yes

that's a well established fact

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 08:26:21 AM »
yes

that's a well established fact

Yawn - why not post how some threads on how good obamas policies you supported have worked out that refute my claims? 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 08:40:14 AM »
Keyword: joke

You stupid guys.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 08:56:27 AM »
Yawn - why not post how some threads on how good obamas policies you supported have worked out that refute my claims? 

why bother

we already discussed them ad nauseum and it's pointless anyway because you live in a world created solely inside your own fevered brain and ignore everything that doesn't fit your pre-conceived delusions

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 08:57:30 AM »
why bother

we already discussed them ad nauseum and it's pointless anyway because you live in a world created solely inside your own fevered brain and ignore everything that doesn't fit your pre-conceived delusions

ha ha ha - so 9 UE is actually an improvement?   

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 09:02:28 AM »

To the liberal, somehow, it is. Why? Because IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE. LOL!!! There is no proof of it, but it doesn't stop them from making assumptions.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 09:09:30 AM »

when did I say that

how many times have we discussed the problems that we're dealing with not only in our economy but in our RE market and global credit markets.

Many many many times

what usually happens is your atrophied and diseased brain always finds it's way back to your primary delusion that Obama is a secret communist, muslim, marxist, sleeper cell, intent on "collapsing the nation" as payback from some slight to his father (who he never knew) by our country.    

I just summarized your last 50,000 posts

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 10:19:24 AM »
It's all about big government vs. small government.  Diversionary tales are frivolous. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 10:24:40 AM »
Yeah, cause the same was not done when Bush was POTUS either?  They made a movie about it!  

Personally, I dont want physical harm to those two looters and flash mobbers since it will garner them sympathy and martyr status and they have two daughters as well.

No its not appropriate for her to say this since its stupid.  

Mind you, if he was attacked by a shark in MV and forced to resign I would not be too unhappy.    
That movie wasn't even made by Americans or in America.  When I heard someone say anything that sounded like it was a threat on the pres, I warned them and deleted their posts.  If it was said by somone else and pointed out here, I condemned it.  I even condemned that movie about Bush even though it wasn't from here.  LOL, but you have to take the moment to blame liberals.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 10:25:42 AM »
Pretty dumb thing to say.  You don't joke about stuff like that, especially when you hold that kind of position. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 10:26:32 AM »
That movie wasn't even made by Americans or in America.  When I heard someone say anything that sounded like it was a threat on the pres, I warned them and deleted their posts.  If it was said by somone else and pointed out here, I condemned it.  I even condemned that movie about Bush even though it wasn't from here.  LOL, but you have to take the moment to blame liberals.

Just saying that this is nothing new.   I agree its wrong and people should not joke about anyones' death.  But to act like its something new is stupid and dishonest.