Author Topic: My monitor just blew up!  (Read 5032 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: My monitor just blew up!
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »
Oh Bayyyyyyyyyyyy

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2011, 10:34:20 PM »

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2011, 10:57:05 PM »
Did you by any chance have the monitor at least plugged into a good surge protector. If that bad boy was plugged directly into the outlet you were asking for trouble.

epic_alien

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 12:01:21 AM »
Get you a new hewlett Packard they been in business for years ... they will be in the PC industry foever  ;D

good one, since they just got out

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2011, 02:10:31 AM »
Bay it was a sign of God that you have to stop butt-fucking

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2011, 02:13:47 AM »
There are Walmart's in San Francisco....

24/7

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2011, 02:35:31 AM »
Too many dicks on your screen will do that

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2011, 03:05:14 AM »

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2011, 03:32:57 AM »
My monitor just blew up!  It’s a Dell 2407WFP.  I was sitting here using it when it made a funny buzzing sound.  The screen image shook like I’ve never seen… then the screen went black as a little puff of smoke rose from the vents on top.  I’m gonna trash it.  Does anyone even fix flatscreens?

Luckily, I still had my old NEC CRT in the storage room, so I quickly pulled it out and connected it to my computer—didn’t even have to restart. The CRT is a big heavy monitor; after using a flat screen for so long the CRT screen looks tiny, dim, and repulsive.  It is hard to believe we used to use monitors like this daily.

At work, the tech guy said they were gonna buy me a new computer in the next week or two.   I selected a 27” iMac.  So my current work computer 24” iMac is gonna come home with me and be networked to my MacPro; it seems a shame to use the Pro only for it’s drive bays rather than its processing power, but it is a solution for now. :-\

Thats funny.. That happened to me as well just a couple of weeks ago. It was a Dell machine too. Never happened before, but luckily I had allready bought a completely new PC ready to be used. ;D

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2011, 03:33:35 AM »
did it blow up from within?  

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2011, 06:02:11 AM »
Did you by any chance have the monitor at least plugged into a good surge protector. If that bad boy was plugged directly into the outlet you were asking for trouble.

Yes, have one of those (at work and home) and my computer, monitor, printer, etc. are plugged into it. :)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2011, 06:03:00 AM »
Bay it was a sign of God that you have to stop butt-fucking

You may be onto something... I did have some wild hot sex the night before!  ;D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2011, 06:06:21 AM »
You may be onto something... I did have some wild hot sex the night before!  ;D

well there you go then ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2011, 06:07:13 AM »
Too many dicks on your screen will do that

And what of shredded glutes?  I don't often have dicks on my screen, but I might have experienced muscled glute overload! :P

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2011, 06:14:46 AM »
And what of shredded glutes?  I don't often have dicks on my screen, but I might have experienced muscled glute overload! :P

You and your monitor  ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2011, 06:29:41 AM »
Bay, I seem to have the same problem with expensive cameras and their accessories. These past five years I've thrown away 4 expensive cameras including one Nikon because of one failure or another because I couldn't find anyone who was capable of fixing them without charging a huge expense.

So now I accept the fact that I somehow unknowningly abuse cameras and their accessories (lens's), etc ... and now only purchase cheap cameras  in the $100 to $125 price range which seem to work just as well photo-wise  but they do .... BREAK A LOT FASTER.

I actually cried when my Nikonos was broken down to ever conceivable part in my attempt to clean it and discovered that it was impossible to place together again. So now I use a Kodak in a plastic see through baggy.

Might be a lesson here someplace for ya.

I do not buy expensive cameras for this very reason.  I am in the market for a new camera and I will buy it the same way I bought my last camera:  do not buy a brand new camera.  Buy one that is one or two model years old (like cars a new model comes out every year).  Chances are that a one or two year old model will still have advanced features that you will never use and because it is a year or two old you can often buy it for less than half on ebay!

Find the model you want and read all the reviews about it, and view sample images from it here http://www.dpreview.com/.  This site has a database of virtually all digital cameras—even old and discontinued models.

Once you find the model you want search for it on ebay.  You are sure to find many of them for sale.  And sometimes you can find that two year old model for sale (from a camera shop for example) and you can buy it brand new!

I bought my last Olympus camera that way and I’m bidding on a new one right now. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2011, 06:31:46 AM »
You and your monitor  ;D

That guy is too little!  >:(

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2011, 06:35:32 AM »
That guy is too little!  >:(

LMAO, because you can't see his johnson hanging?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2011, 06:43:16 AM »
LMAO, because you can't see his johnson hanging?

His body is too little.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2011, 07:04:21 AM »

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2011, 03:02:43 PM »
ach will you be purchasing battlefield 3 and if so will you be purchasing console or pc and if pc would you be upset if i quick or no scope you over and over

I will not be purchasing battlefield 3, I have battlefield 2142 (the futuristic one) on PC and regret paying 5 bucks for it.  

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 all the way , and that, I will be getting on Xbox!