Author Topic: Fucked up psyche of the bodybuilder  (Read 4488 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Fucked up psyche of the bodybuilder
« on: August 22, 2011, 02:00:24 PM »
Any bodybuilder that is offeason or on season will be in better shape physically than 99% of the population yet when they are not dieting for a contest they cover up and are ashamed of themselves. 

I was at the beach and there were some big fucking fat dudes, I mean obese fucks shirtless, the same with little twig dudes, yet the guys that obviously lift are wearing tank tops and afraid to go shirtless.

I just don't get it.  You spend a shit ton of money on drugs, chicken breasts, tuna, sweet potatoes etc... hours and hours in the gym yet are too fucked up psychologically to take your shirt off because you have a thin layer of water, yet the average dude who looks like shit has no problem going shirtless at the beach.

To make sure this thread doesn't sound homo, there were some serious fine teenage hoes in little string bikinis.  Just worries Chris Hansen was watching me.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
Re: Fucked up psyche of the bodybuilder
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 02:03:30 PM »
creepy amount of truth was posted here.

although i'm by no means prime arnold, i probably shouldn't be too afraid to go to the beach shirtless.

yet a couple months ago, i kept my shirt on the whole time while this "woman" who must've been 255 lbs, was walking around in a bikini!! yes, a bikini, with her gut hanging down literally past her pussy.

not too many dudes my age there, but there were a couple anorexing looking geeks that were also shirtless.

now that i think about it, i was the only weirdo with a shirt on there.

but it was probably 10 families at the whole place, so it wasn't too bad.
Deep Tissue Massage

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 02:04:18 PM »
it's a form of vanity and delusional ideas of importance and relevance

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 02:05:51 PM »
Pics of hot teen girls or it didn't happen

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 02:11:08 PM »
This is so true.

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 02:15:08 PM »
maybe they are concerned with the devastating effects UVA and UVB sunlight has on human skin combined with the sky high risk of developing terminal melanoma later on in life.   :'(

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 02:18:18 PM »
maybe they are concerned with the devastating effects UVA and UVB sunlight has on human skin combined with the sky high risk of developing terminal melanoma later on in life.   :'(

Haha  :D

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 02:19:49 PM »
Any bodybuilder that is offeason or on season will be in better shape physically than 99% of the population yet when they are not dieting for a contest they cover up and are ashamed of themselves.  

I was at the beach and there were some big fucking fat dudes, I mean obese fucks shirtless, the same with little twig dudes, yet the guys that obviously lift are wearing tank tops and afraid to go shirtless.

I just don't get it.  You spend a shit ton of money on drugs, chicken breasts, tuna, sweet potatoes etc... hours and hours in the gym yet are too fucked up psychologically to take your shirt off because you have a thin layer of water, yet the average dude who looks like shit has no problem going shirtless at the beach.

To make sure this thread doesn't sound homo, there were some serious fine teenage hoes in little string bikinis.  Just worries Chris Hansen was watching me.

Some might stay covered just to avoid stupid looks and comments from the ordinary folks. Especially on the beach being a BB can be a pain in the ass, when the average skinny twink feels insecure and has to act "tough" and "funny" in front of his girlfriend.

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 02:28:25 PM »
Some might stay covered just to avoid stupid looks and comments from the ordinary folks. Especially on the beach being a BB can be a pain in the ass, when the average skinny twink feels insecure and has to act "tough" and "funny" in front of his girlfriend.

yea, its hard being jacked and going to the beach. it can be lonely. they just dont understand. the pointing and staring... plus, being at the beach and going too long without lean protein sources-such as chicken or tuna-could cause a severe nitrogen imbalance preventing (or even reversing) lean muscle development. best no to take that risk, and just take a long(ish) bath or shower instead.

lesaucer

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 05:46:38 PM »
some like the respect and hoes being in shape gives, but not the attention.. just sayin  :P

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 05:50:27 PM »
Those dudes walking around looking like pigs actually think they are the shit. Those are the same guys that are out mowing their lawns with no shirt on and watching every car that drives by...

They may even have the insane wannabe lat spread goin on. People are delusional. They look in the mirror and they only see what they want to see.

Now a video tape might  tell them a different story, because then they get to hear and see themselves for what they REALLY are.

I don't think ugly and gross people actually believe that they are ugly and gross.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 06:12:10 PM »
Those dudes walking around looking like pigs actually think they are the shit. Those are the same guys that are out mowing their lawns with no shirt on and watching every car that drives by...

They may even have the insane wannabe lat spread goin on. People are delusional. They look in the mirror and they only see what they want to see.

Now a video tape might  tell them a different story, because then they get to hear and see themselves for what they REALLY are.

I don't think ugly and gross people actually believe that they are ugly and gross.

That is x22 for sure......even a pic will do......opened my eyes...
K

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 06:18:35 PM »

I just don't get it.  You spend a shit ton of money on drugs, chicken breasts, tuna, sweet potatoes etc... hours and hours in the gym yet are too fucked up psychologically to take your shirt off because you have a thin layer of water, yet the average dude who looks like shit has no problem going shirtless at the beach.

To make sure this thread doesn't sound homo, there were some serious fine teenage hoes in little string bikinis.  Just worries Chris Hansen was watching me.
maybe because most people make fun of them instead of respecting them?

Fitness4Life

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 12:02:48 AM »

that's me lol

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 12:36:53 AM »

Body dismorphia.
There's treatments, probably means you're gay but won't admit to it.....kidding:LOL I recognize the story

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 12:55:16 AM »

Classic case of body dysmorphia - most bodybuilders have it to some extent, some worse than others. I guess that's why some people are bodybuilders in the first place.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 01:00:03 AM »
So fucking true.

I do it sometimes too.

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 01:37:52 AM »
We are delusional quite simple. We are always looking to improve ourself, and we also know how good we look dieted down compared to the off season so its only natural to feel this way. Fat and ugly people got nothing to lose so they could care less what other people think. Bodybuilders like us tend to care a lot more since we are so deeply innvolved with our own appearance. We think higher of ourself and expect nothing less than the best. As for me I could care less because Im not an insecure person, and I really dont enjoy too much attention walking around ripped anyway. Sure it can be cool sometimes, but Im more of a shy guy than anything else so it gets annoying. I dont train for nobody else than myself.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 01:42:26 AM »
We are delusional quite simple. We are always looking to improve ourself, and we also know how good we look dieted down compared to the off season so its only natural to feel this way. Fat and ugly people got nothing to lose so they could care less what other people think. Bodybuilders like us tend to care a lot more since we are so deeply innvolved with our own appearance. We think higher of ourself and expect nothing less than the best. As for me I could care less because Im not an insecure person, and I really dont enjoy too much attention walking around ripped anyway. Sure it can be cool sometimes, but Im more of a shy guy than anything else so it gets annoying. I dont train for nobody else than myself.
::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 02:57:06 AM »
::)
Women tend to get breast implants---for themselves....self confidence, so that men can look at them.

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 04:38:43 AM »
It's body dysmorphia, which is like Homer and his reflection, in reverse:

It's an interesting topic, and you're definitely right -- People simply do not think about bodies the same way that a bodybuilder does.

A common insult towards a lesser bodybuilder is that they look like an underwear model or a swimmer.  How would a non-bodybuilder feel if someone said that to them?

People who never work out are not concerned that their upper chest is lagging, or that they have high calves, or soft hams, or short biceps, or thick wrists ... or whatever else we might consider when judging a physique.  

It all depends on comparison, in the end.  We hold ourselves to an impossible standard.  Not even the number 1 guy in the world (cutler) is beyond harsh criticism.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 04:40:14 AM »

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 04:43:28 AM »
Classic case of body dysmorphia - most bodybuilders have it to some extent, some worse than others. I guess that's why some people are bodybuilders in the first place.

This is true, I think.  If i was happy with my body as a teenager,  I might never have picked up a weight ...

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2011, 04:57:42 AM »
I might touch on this someday but I've totally changed my life in terms of my overall vanity

long story short- eventually, if you are a evolved person, you will grow out of this life based on vanity and you will find that life is way better when you don't center it on how you look in the mirror

Now, i'm not saying get fat and drink beer all day....NO!

what i'm saying is don't worry about getting your 6 meals in or missing a tanning appointment or if you where a size small or medium underwear.  Honestly, your life is way better when you just wake up, smell the clean air, get a coffee and just relax

.....and "yes" this really is me

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 05:00:05 AM »
I might touch on this someday but I've totally changed my life in terms of my overall vanity

long story short- eventually, if you are a evolved person, you will grow out of this life based on vanity and you will find that life is way better when you don't center it on how you look in the mirror

Now, i'm not saying get fat and drink beer all day....NO!

what i'm saying is don't worry about getting your 6 meals in or missing a tanning appointment or if you where a size small or medium underwear.  Honestly, your life is way better when you just wake up, smell the clean air, get a coffee and just relax

.....and "yes" this really is me
Problem is you covered your self with stupid looking tribal shit so cant be vain any more cos you look silly - no disrespect - you did look good lean though could of done with another 20 pds of muscle whilst holding the condition you carried - thats just an outsiders point of view though.