Author Topic: Is President Downgrade's "specific" plan now just an outline? Appears to be.  (Read 825 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Is Obama's "specific" plan now just an outline?

Last Monday, President Obama made news by promising to give a speech in September detailing, "a very specific plan to boost the economy, to create jobs and to control our deficit."

But has that "very specific plan" already been downgraded to an outline?

That is, at least, the impression I got watching Obama advisors Robert Gibbs and David Axelrod on yesterday's Sunday morning shows.

"The president is going to outline a short-term plan to accelerate the economy," Axelrod said on ABC's This Week, "in the face of the hits we've taken, because of the Arab Spring and oil prices, because of the Japanese earthquake, because of Europe that have slowed down economic growth.

On Meet the Press, Gibbs used similar language, "The president is going to outline some ideas, the president has outlined ideas every day he's been in the White House."

Yes, Obama has outlined ideas while in the White House, but what he has not done is produce "a very specific plan to boost the economy, to create jobs and to control our deficit."

Will September's speech be any different than the past? If Axelrod and Gibbs are going to be believed, apparently not.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/obamas-specific-plan-now-just-outline

Is President Downgrade, head of the USAA+, the most useless person to ever hold the office?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
More bullshit.  Disgraceful.  He needs to resign.

Fury

• Getbig V
He's too busy hanging out with the CEO of Comcast and Morgan Freeman to be bothered worrying about the plebes with no jobs.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Shared sacrifice for everyone else.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
So more of the same lofty platitudes with no specifics. What a fucking buffoon in the white house.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fury

• Getbig V
I'm Warren Buffet and I approve this message. Give your money to Uncle Sam while I write-off billions by funneling it to charities of my choosing because I know government is inefficient and useless.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
This just sets up for more chaos, gridlock, acrimony, delays, and strife.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Is there some fucking reason we have to wait until September to hear the plan?

People are hurting all over, he's got the solution, but nobody can know until next month.  ::)

Kazan

• Getbig V

People are hurting all over, he's got the solution, but nobody can know until next month.  ::)

It's easy to say you have a plan, producing one is another matter all together
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fury

• Getbig V

He's too busy taking a much-needed and well-deserved vacation. He hasn't worried about jobs for three years now so what's a few more weeks?

MM2K

• Getbig IV
September is going to be REALLY interesting. I cannot believe they actually think the Republicans are going to go along with this. Its a fucking no-brainer to not support. Does Obama actually believe the American people will blame the Republicans for this? Does he actually think the people want more spending? He is fucking delusional. It was much harder for the Republicans to unanimously oppose the $700 billion stimulus unanimously, because the economy could have easily recovered in spite of it. But After the monumental failure of the first one, opposing this is a political no brainer. I have never been so proud to be a Republican.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Skip8282

• Getbig V
He's too busy taking a much-needed and well-deserved vacation. He hasn't worried about jobs for three years now so what's a few more weeks?

True, I've got my own plan for fixing the economy and getting unemployment down, but it was exhausting to develop so I'm not going to tell you all what it is until October 16th 2014.

And he's still got supporters - that's what really gets me.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Like jeffrey sachs said obama never had a plan all along.  And he voted for him.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
I'm Warren Buffet and I approve this message. Give your money to Uncle Sam while I write-off billions by funneling it to charities of my choosing because I know government is inefficient and useless.

BULLSEYE.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
More bullshit.  Disgraceful.  He needs to resign.

I'm sure he will.  Politicians are known for doing the right thing.  I remember Larry Craig's resignation speech.  Then his "i'm not resigning after all" speech.

They all suck.  Word to the mothership.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Got to love how buffett also arranged his finances to avoid the estate tax while at the same time advocating a higher death tax.  Ironic that he also owns a lot of companies selling life insurance, estate planning, and buy sell insurance, no? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Got to love how buffett also arranged his finances to avoid the estate tax while at the same time advocating a higher death tax.  Ironic that he also owns a lot of companies selling life insurance, estate planning, and buy sell insurance, no? 

I just got off skype with Buffet.  He feels awful for the hypocrisy and will write a check tomorrow.

Kazan

• Getbig V
I'm sure he will.  Politicians are known for doing the right thing.  I remember Larry Craig's resignation speech.  Then his "i'm not resigning after all" speech.

They all suck.  Word to the mothership.

The quantifier strikes again
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fury

• Getbig V
The quantifier strikes again

It's just sad now.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Standard & Poor's President Resigns
The Wall Street Journal ^ | AUGUST 23, 2011 | JEANNETTE NEUMANN
Posted on August 22, 2011 10:28:59 PM EDT by M. Thatcher

Standard & Poor's President Deven Sharma is leaving the credit-rating firm at the end of the year, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The credit-rating firm plans to announce Mr. Sharma's exit on Tuesday before the markets open, the person said. Douglas Peterson, chief operating officer of Citigroup Inc.'s Citibank unit, will succeed Mr. Sharma on Sept. 12, that person said.

(Excerpt) Read more at online.wsj.com ...

WTF! 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
lol @ "President Downgrade."   :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V