Author Topic: Doesn't get worse than this.  (Read 4289 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Doesn't get worse than this.
« on: August 22, 2011, 07:53:54 PM »
advertisement

Moments before she was slain last week on Chicago's Southwest Side, 17-year-old Charinez Jefferson begged the gunman not to shoot because she was pregnant, prosecutors said today.

Despite her plea, Timothy Jones, 18, opened fire on Jefferson anyway, yelling an expletive at her as he shot her in the head, prosecutors said. He then stood over her as she lay on the ground and fired several more times, striking her in the chest and back.

Jefferson was pronounced dead a short time later, but doctors were able to successfully deliver her baby boy, who remained in critical condition today, Assistant State's Attorney John Dillon said.

"Tests are expected to be performed to determine whether the child has any brain activity, as there are concerns over the child possibly suffering from oxygen deprivation after the victim had been shot," Dillon told Judge Laura Sullivan.

Sullivan denied bond for Jones, 18, who was charged with first-degree murder in the Aug. 16 slaying.

“I’m happy that he’s been caught before we even put her in the ground,” said Jefferson’s aunt, Devorah Hope. “This young man sent a message on the streets that an unarmed pregnant woman that’s not violent to nobody, it’s not safe.”

Jones had seen Jefferson walking with a rival gang member in the 3000 block of West 64th Street and approached them in a car, Dillon said. He got out of the vehicle and fired at least one shot at the rival, who ran off, leaving Jefferson to fend for herself. After begging Jones for mercy, Jefferson was shot at "point-blank range," Dillon said.

Jones, of the 6300 block of South Rockwell Street, was arrested at his home Saturday after numerous witnesses identified him as the killer, according to information from prosecutors and court documents.

A police source said that Jones was a "stick-up man" well known to area police.
At the time of the shooting, Jones was serving 2 years of probation for a 2010 burglary conviction, Dillon said. He also has a "lengthy" juvenile record, including convictions for unlawful use of a weapon, possession of a stolen motor vehicle, and burglary, Dillon said.

Outside court, Jones' family members denied he is a gang member and said he could not be involved in Jefferson's murder because he has had trouble walking since being shot in the leg a few weeks ago.

"My condolences go out to the young lady and her family, but we know 100 percent that they got the wrong guy," said Jones' cousin, Stanley Jones, 36. "He can barely walk."

Courtroom personnel and deputies in charge of Jones in the lockup said he did not appear to be limping or request any walking aides such as crutches or a wheelchair.

Hope said that she pledged to attend every court hearing for her niece, though she could not bring herself to go inside the courtroom on Monday.

“I was too emotional, I was too upset to deal with that at this moment,” she said, reached by telephone after the hearings. “I’m angry because of what he’s done. Because we can’t bring Charinez back and we’ve got a baby that’s fighting his life.”

Hope said she’s trying to be positive for her sister.

“I haven’t eaten anything since this happened; just drink water and pray and listen to positive music to keep me in a positive mood so I can stand there with my sister, because we still got some living to do,” Hope said.

jmeisner@tribune.com

cdrhodes@tribune.com

WTF! 

Schmoff

• Getbig V
Re: Doesn't get worse than this.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 07:57:10 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 07:58:34 PM »
horrible story.   

we need the military in these hoods with these savages. 

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 07:59:00 PM »
lips of peace   ::)

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 07:59:39 PM »
I wonder what she did to deserve it, must have been something bad, like burning his toast severly

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 08:01:39 PM »

looks like a real nice guy. seriously how is someone so evil? this is someone that deserves the death penalty
irongearco.com

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 08:02:18 PM »

Jones had seen Jefferson walking with a rival gang member

All about "the respect".
Savage beasts with their "gangs".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 08:02:41 PM »
I wonder what she did to deserve it, must have been something bad, like burning his toast severly

I'm sure the excuses for these barbarians and savages will be forthcoming shortly.  

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 08:04:52 PM »
They need to publically torture and kill these sick fucks that do this shit and broadcast it on TV. It may make a couple of them think twice before doing it since they are cowards anyway.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 08:06:18 PM »
I'm sure the excuses for these barbarians and savages will be forthcoming shortly.  

I mean like to a crisp, you know, not even edible. If it's burnt slightly on the edges she may get away with just an uppercut, but to disrespect my bread like that, and then serve it to me on a plate as if it;s something that can be called "food," let me just say that baby better be wearing a scuba suit with an oxygen tank (KNOW WHAT I MEAN)

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 08:06:29 PM »

looks like a real nice guy. seriously how is someone so evil? this is someone that deserves the death penalty

No more death penalty in Illinois.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 08:06:44 PM »
Vince G MSNBC WTF will be here shortly to put this on whitey.

Stavios

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 08:06:48 PM »
the negro probably stole her purse afterward

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 08:07:04 PM »
They need to publically torture and kill these sick fucks that do this shit and broadcast it on TV. It may make a couple of them think twice before doing it since they are cowards anyway.

WTF is going on in this nation!  

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 08:07:40 PM »
No more death penalty in Illinois.
Drag the scum over to Indiana, we can kill him here.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 08:09:11 PM »
Drag the scum over to Indiana, we can kill him here.

They need to burn these animals in a Bon fire. 

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 08:10:19 PM »

WTF is going on in this nation!  

What is going on is the criminals have 10x more rights than the victims. They ruin a persons life and get 8 months probation. Their record shows they don't give a shit about anyone or anything and they keep turning them right back out on the street to commit more violent crimes. They need to be shown that it will not be tolerated and the consequences will be severe and torture. IMO.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 08:15:05 PM »
we need work farms and boot camp for these savages.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 08:16:43 PM »
we need work farms and boot camp for these savages.

And have organized "hunts". The victims families get to suit up, get the weapon of their choice and hunt down the scum that commited the crime against their family member. Sound like a plan?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 08:19:02 PM »
That's president Obamas Hood chi-town

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 08:19:38 PM »
And have organized "hunts". The victims families get to suit up, get the weapon of their choice and hunt down the scum that commited the crime against their family member. Sound like a plan?

these freaking animals need to be put into the zoo. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 08:20:26 PM »
That's president Obamas Hood chi-town

I guess they were not organized properly.   

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 08:24:45 PM »
My brother lives in Chicago 3 buildings Down from navy pier... He told me everything around his area is safe all white people really... I told him if we could check out white sox game he was like Naw man that area is ghetto as shit!

Cashfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 08:31:26 PM »
I find it shocking that the suspect in this case is black.  Obviously, yet another example of racial profiling and rampant racism in the criminal justice system.