Author Topic: New Star Trek series?  (Read 2426 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
New Star Trek series?
« on: August 22, 2011, 09:43:27 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=44974

Producer Proposes New Star Trek TV Series
Trek Web has posted an interview with David Foster of 1947 Entertainment. Foster, details his vision of Star Trek, that has not yet been officially pitched to CBS.
Foster has been working on the secret project for quite some time. There has been a smattering of rumors that he had been working on a series, but this is the first time he has unveiled any details. The project has been working under the code name S.E.T.I., and the actual title has not be made public. Foster has said that past Star Trek producers, visual effects artists, and script writers have encouraged his project. The final piece for Foster is finding the right executive producer, and then he should be ready to approach CBS officially.

Interview by Jack Trevino

Trevino: What can you tell us about the series concept?

Foster: The series concept is fully developed, subject to change of course, with a solid 5-7 year series plan, pilot script and a conceptualized finale that intends to define Star Trek for generations, extensive character bios, costume and ship/set designs, and more. This is a drastic departure from the typical 8-10 page treatment of the previously pitched Star Trek series ideas that have not included even a pilot script.

Trevino: Star Trek has now been re-imagined via JJ Abrams well received vision of Gene Roddenberry's original series. Can you elaborate on whether your series will follow that same path?

Foster: Though Kevin and I did thoroughly enjoy Star Trek (2009), the vision that we have created is true to the "pre-2009 screen canon" (TV and movies).

Trevino: What is the time frame of your series?

Foster: The series is set in the post-Voyager era, and is designed to return Star Trek to its original series roots in big and mighty ways, without disregarding the other series and movies. As Star Trek (2009) was an alternate timeline, it will not conflict with any canon there either.

Trevino: What kind of show will it be?

Foster: The series is highly energized with a much younger cast, and uses cutting-edge future technologies with newly envisioned special effects and designs. It includes Klingons, Ferengi, Andorians, Vulcans, Trill, and many more. The Klingons are getting very restless since the Praxis incident forced them to come to the peace tables, and are tired of having to rely on the Federation for support. The Ferengi have discovered a vast new resource that has propelled them towards instant riches and power beyond anything they have previously experienced.

Trevino: Is there anything else you can offer the fans at this time?

Foster: Here's the Teaser: If evil wore the face of a hero, would you recognize it? If freedom came in the likeness of your oppressors, would you accept it? If you were your own enemy, who would be victorious?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: New Star Trek series?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 09:51:42 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/scifimediazone/news/?a=66645

STAR TREK: Worf - The Series?

"I had come up with the idea because I love the character and I think he’s a character that hasn’t been fully developed and hasn’t been fully realized," Dorn explains. "Once I started thinking about it, it became obvious to me that I wanted to at least put it out there, which I have, and the response has been pretty amazing. We’ve been contacted by different individuals–I can’t say who and all that–about wanting to come on board and be part of this. Also, there’s all the political stuff going on with the new movies, with J.J. Abrams and Paramount and all that stuff, which I have no clue about and what it all entails, but that’s where it is right now.

"Interestingly enough," he adds, "it has gotten traction. I was very surprised, I was on a movie not too long ago, where one of the producers was basically lobbying to be part of it. He was like 'Michael, I’d love to write it, if you haven’t.' So at this point, my agents and my manager are looking at all the avenues and trying to figure out which is the best one. My agent and manager have been in the business for awhile, so they’re very savvy about where to start and how to get it going. Like I said, in this business you never know and I’ve been through pitching things and I never want to do that again [laughs]. It’s pretty brutal, but definitely I think once again, if Paramount or CBS or anybody thinks this is a viable thing, they’ll jump on it."