Author Topic: Body Fortress - Whey Isolate  (Read 1324 times)

CutlerFanatic

• Getbig I
Body Fortress - Whey Isolate
« on: November 27, 2011, 06:16:26 AM »
This is a pretty solid product - at only $22! I found it to be very easy to digest and the taste is pretty damn good. I'd personally wish they made Strawberry, but the Vanilla is damn good & the chocolate ain't half bad either. What I also like about this product is that it's readily available and I don't need a gold card or to buy it on a sale or certain time of the year. I found this video quite helpful as well:
. Finally, I like the fact Body Fortress advertises in the bodybuilding press, which makes me feel good that I'm also helping out the industry.

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
Re: Body Fortress - Whey Isolate
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 12:17:30 PM »
Companies advertise in publications because they are trying to build brand / product awareness, or because they think there is a return on investment, not because they are trying to support the industry.  You should never buy a supplement because of advertisements or some YouTube Testimonial.  Do your own research!

I recommend you read the nutrition facts for your product.
Its available on their website.

Ingredients: Whey Protein Isolate, Super Recovery
Blend (L-Glutamine, L-Taurine, L-Arginine, L-Alanine,
L-Lysine, L-Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine), Cocoa
(processed with Alkali), Natural Flavors, Soy Lecithin,
Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Acesulfame Potassium,
Carrageenan, Sucralose.
Contains milk, soy and wheat ingredients.

I want to point one very important ingredient to you.
Acesulfame Potassium is an artificial sweetener, that has negative side effects ( spikes insulin ), and is no better than all the other sweeteners.  Yes your product has some sucralose, but the fact that it has any Acesulfame Potassium, leads me to believe that the Sucralose is used for window dressing on the label.  Companies often use sweeteners other than Sucralose because of costs.  

One other thing to be aware of is Soy will cause an increase in estrogen, not a good thing if you are trying to get some definition.