Author Topic: Michelle Obama spent $10 Million on Taxpayer $$$ on vacations this yr.  (Read 20200 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor

Lol.   I cancel out your vote.   How does that make you feel? 

You probably don't, unless you vote democrat once you are alone with the voting machine. But that doesn't make the fact that uninformed tools like you get a vote any less offensive to me. But, such is our system...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
You probably don't, unless you vote democrat once you are alone with the voting machine. But that doesn't make the fact that uninformed tools like you get a vote any less offensive to me. But, such is our system...

How about we take an online civics exam and see who scores higher?   

avxo

• Getbig V
Why?   After seeing bush, Obama, etc, why would supporting trump be so far fetched?   He could not possibly be worse than bush or Obama.

LOL... That's a nice joke. If Bush and Obama were bad and worse, Trump would be a disaster - just one with gold plated faucets and gaudy neon lights.

avxo

• Getbig V
How about we take an online civics exam and see who scores higher?   

Ooh, an online civics exam... Can I use my calculator? I can see it now... you'll post something like "i was graded by an activist liberal grader! srsly u guys!!!"

I don't need to prove anything to you troll - you prove the extent on your civics education when you spout and perpetuate half-truths and blatant lies.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Ooh, an online civics exam... Can I use my calculator? I can see it now... you'll post something like "i was graded by an activist liberal grader! srsly u guys!!!"

I don't need to prove anything to you troll - you prove the extent on your civics education when you spout and perpetuate half-truths and blatant lies.

Coward. 

avxo

• Getbig V
Coward. 

Sticks and stones and all...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

avxo

• Getbig V
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2069471/President-Obama-jet-Hawaii-SEVENTEEN-DAY-Christmas-holiday.html

Are these people all mindless twits too? 

First of all, what does that have to do with you repeating the demonstrably false statements (aka lies) of Donald Trump? You still haven't answered that one simple question... Why are you parroting and perpetuating lies?

Now, I will repeat again (since you obviously can't read and comprehend basic English) that I think it's in bad taste for a President (of any Party) to take a vacation at a time when the American people are hurting financially. But he is paying out of his own pocket for his lodging. While his security is provided by the Secret Service -- no different from any other President -- and is a cost that will be borne by the taxpayers, that would have been true whether he was in D.C. or Hawaii or anywhere else for that matter, so I don't see the problem there.

And lastly, why in the hell should I care what some U.K. rag -- or anyone else for that matter -- has to say about the President and his vacation habits?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
what lie?   The birther stuff?    I am still a birther. 

avxo

• Getbig V
what lie?   The birther stuff?    I am still a birther.  

Trump's statements re: Obama being on vacation longer than Bush. At the time he made them, Bush had 3 times more vacation time (in the same time in office) than Obama. Blatan lie by Trump. One of many.

As for the birther bit: you're an idiot and a troll. You dismiss the evidence and listen to the voices in your head. You should visit a mental health professional.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Trump's statements re: Obama being on vacation longer than Bush. At the time he made them, Bush had 3 times more vacation time (in the same time in office) than Obama. Blatan lie by Trump. One of many.

As for the birther bit: you're an idiot and a troll. You dismiss the evidence and listen to the voices in your head. You should visit a mental health professional.

I thought the clip was funny, was nt posting it as proof of anything. 

RE birther stuff, it's shady as fuck.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
With More Vacation Days and Separate Travel, Cost of Obama's Annual Hawaiian Holiday Rises
Hawaii Reporter ^ | Friday, December 16, 2011 | Malia Zimmerman
Posted on December 16, 2011 10:29:45 PM EST by kristinn

KAILUA, OAHU - The U.S. Secret Service has arrived, street barricades are in place, and the U.S. Coast Guard has stationed itself in the waters surrounding Kailua, Oahu. That is a sure sign President Barack Obama’s security team is preparing for the first family to arrive in the small beachside community as early as Friday night for what is expected to be a 17-day vacation.

The President and his family are traveling separately to Hawaii because he wants resolve the payroll tax cut issue before leaving Washington – and his wife does not want to wait.

But the advanced trip and the cost that comes with it – as much as $100,000 (flight and security) – adds to an already expensive vacation for the taxpayers.

Hawaii Reporter research shows the total cost for the President’s visit for taxpayers far exceeded $1.5 million in 2010 – but is even more costly this year because he extended his vacation by three days and the cost for Air Force One travel has jumped since last assessed in 2000. In addition, Hawaii Reporter was able to obtain more specifics about the executive expenditures.

The total cost (based on what is known) for the 17-day vacation roundtrip vacation to Hawaii for the President, his family and staff has climbed to more than $4 million. Here's why.

TRAVEL: $3,651,626

The biggest expense is President Barack Obama’s round trip flight to Hawaii via Air Force One, a cost the GAO office estimated at $1 million in the year 2000. Contacted today, the GAO confirmed there is no report the independent office affiliated with Congress has prepared since 2000...

SNIP

Mrs. Obama’s early flight to Hawaii costs about $63,000 (White House Dossier), but add security and personnel for a total of about $100,000.

(Excerpt) Read more at hawaiireporter.com ...

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
With More Vacation Days and Separate Travel, Cost of Obama's Annual Hawaiian Holiday Rises

KAILUA, OAHU - The U.S. Secret Service has arrived, street barricades are in place, and the U.S. Coast Guard has stationed itself in the waters surrounding Kailua, Oahu. That is a sure sign President Barack Obama’s security team is preparing for the first family to arrive in the small beachside community as early as Friday night for what is expected to be a 17-day vacation.

The President and his family are traveling separately to Hawaii because he wants resolve the payroll tax cut issue before leaving Washington – and his wife does not want to wait.

But the advanced trip and the cost that comes with it – as much as $100,000 (flight and security) – adds to an already expensive vacation for the taxpayers.

Hawaii Reporter research shows the total cost for the President’s visit for taxpayers far exceeded $1.5 million in 2010 – but is even more costly this year because he extended his vacation by three days and the cost for Air Force One travel has jumped since last assessed in 2000. In addition, Hawaii Reporter was able to obtain more specifics about the executive expenditures.

The total cost (based on what is known) for the 17-day vacation roundtrip vacation to Hawaii for the President, his family and staff has climbed to more than $4 million. Here's why.

The biggest expense is President Barack Obama’s round trip flight to Hawaii via Air Force One, a cost the GAO office estimated at $1 million in the year 2000. Contacted today, the GAO confirmed there is no report the independent office affiliated with Congress has prepared since 2000...

SNIP

Mrs. Obama’s early flight to Hawaii costs about $63,000 (White House Dossier), but add security and personnel for a total of about $100,000.

How's your girlfriend? What are you two doing this weekend?
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
We are going to the Kenyan embassy in NYC and plan on staging a protest for them to release the real bc

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

SNIP

>:(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
How's your girlfriend? What are you two doing this weekend?

Stop being a troll.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
President Obama's vacation cost is the buzz in Oahu
Politico ^ | 12/17/11 | Byron Tau

With President Obama and his family headed to Hawaii for a long vacation, the Hawaii Reporter takes a look at the cost to taxpayers and concludes this year's trip is more expensive that previous trips:

The advanced trip and the cost that comes with it – as much as $100,000 (flight and security) – adds to an already expensive vacation for the taxpayers.

The total cost (based on what is known) for the 17-day vacation roundtrip vacation to Hawaii for the President, his family and staff has climbed to more than $4 million.

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
I thought the clip was funny, was nt posting it as proof of anything. 

RE birther stuff, it's shady as fuck.

nice side step

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
nice side step

not "intended" to be a factual statement but it's not his problem if people assume it is factual

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
First Lady Celebrates B-Day at Steakhouse Featuring $28 'Obama' Burger--Kobe Beef, Bacon, Cheese

By Susan Jones and Greg Gwyn-Williams

January 18, 2012

Subscribe to Susan Jones and Greg Gwyn-Williams's posts   

President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama arrive on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington on Dec. 14, 2011. (AP Photo/Haraz N. Ghanbari, File)

(CNSNews.com) - Michelle Obama celebrated her 48th birthday Tuesday night with her husband and friends at a D.C. steakhouse where the menu features a $28 hamburger named "The Obama."

BLT Steak describes its "Obama" burger as an 8-ounce American Kobe burger with bacon, cheddar cheese, burnt tomato ketchup, and scallion mustard.

American Kobe beef is from a line of Japanese Wagyu cattle, which traditionally are fed a special diet and massaged to produce the fat-marbling for which the meat is prized.

But the Obamas didn't have burgers--they reportedly had steak in the private dining room.

In response to a query from CNSNews.com, the BLT restaurant chain would not provide any details of the Obamas' visit, except to say they were "quite honored to have them as our guests."

But according to one food blog--in a town famous for leaks--the President and Mrs. Obama ordered a 10-ounce American Wagyu steak, which at $81 is the second most expensive item on the menu, just behind the 12-ounce American Wagyu for $92.

Dessert reportedly was a special-order red velvet cake.

The a la carte dinner menu, posted online, shows the Obamas had plenty of food to choose from: The appetizers at BLT Steak range in price from $11 (for a Bibb lettuce salad with mustard dressing) to $34 for a dozen oysters.

Entrees range from $26 for lemon-rosemary chicken to $92 for the 12-ounce Wagyu Ribeye.

Side dishes include an $8 order of French fries or onion rings. The most expensive side dish is $13 for "Hen of the Woods" mushrooms.

Most desserts are $10, and they include crêpe soufflé with passion fruit sauce and mini doughnuts with chocolate sauce and coffee ice cream.

"The Obama" is one of 5 burgers listed on the restaurant's "Political Burger Board." At $28, it is the second most expensive burger, right after "The Bi Partisan," which costs $32. The Bi Partisan is also an 8 ounce Kobe beef burger, topped with lobster, cheddar cheese and "black truffle buttermilk dressing."  The other three burgers--including "The Pork Barrel"--cost either $16 or $18.

The restaurant's assistant general manager told the blog Foodorama that Michelle Obama "dines with us quite regularly."

CNSNews.com is not funded by the government like NPR. CNSNews.com is not funded by the government like PBS.

________________________ ________________________ _______

What a cafone.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
These two are going to be broke and in Chapter 7 within 5 years of lieaving office.   

I'll bet they screwed the waiter out of a tip too. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
jesus christ they could have went to burger king  ;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
These two are going to be broke and in Chapter 7 within 5 years of lieaving office.   

I'll bet they screwed the waiter out of a tip too. 

Bahahahahahaha!!!....When Obama leaves office in 6 years, he'll be able to command millions of dollars from speaking engagements and other activities...much more than Bush and Clinton in fact. 
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V