Author Topic: Steve Jobs Resigns as CEO of Apple  (Read 5266 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Steve Jobs Resigns as CEO of Apple
« on: August 24, 2011, 03:43:52 PM »
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Steve-Jobs-Resigns-as-CEO-of-bw-19285464.html?x=0&.v=1

CUPERTINO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Apple’s Board of Directors today announced that Steve Jobs has resigned as Chief Executive Officer, and the Board has named Tim Cook, previously Apple’s Chief Operating Officer, as the company’s new CEO. Jobs has been elected Chairman of the Board and Cook will join the Board, effective immediately.

“Steve’s extraordinary vision and leadership saved Apple and guided it to its position as the world’s most innovative and valuable technology company,” said Art Levinson, Chairman of Genentech, on behalf of Apple's Board. “Steve has made countless contributions to Apple’s success, and he has attracted and inspired Apple’s immensely creative employees and world class executive team. In his new role as Chairman of the Board, Steve will continue to serve Apple with his unique insights, creativity and inspiration.”

“The Board has complete confidence that Tim is the right person to be our next CEO,” added Levinson. “Tim’s 13 years of service to Apple have been marked by outstanding performance, and he has demonstrated remarkable talent and sound judgment in everything he does.”

Jobs submitted his resignation to the Board today and strongly recommended that the Board implement its succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO.

As COO, Cook was previously responsible for all of the company’s worldwide sales and operations, including end-to-end management of Apple’s supply chain, sales activities, and service and support in all markets and countries. He also headed Apple’s Macintosh division and played a key role in the continued development of strategic reseller and supplier relationships, ensuring flexibility in response to an increasingly demanding marketplace.

Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced iPad 2 which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices.

NOTE TO EDITORS: For additional information visit Apple’s PR website (www.apple.com/pr), or call Apple’s Media Helpline at (408) 974-2042.

© 2011 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, Mac OS and Macintosh are trademarks of Apple. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Steve Jobs Resigns as CEO of Apple
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 03:44:30 PM »
Probably means he isnt living much longer.

Steelrabbitt

• Getbig II
  • Ocelot MTHRFCKR
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 03:44:49 PM »
Sell Sell!!
Jay

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 03:45:17 PM »
Dead in a year , Nancy Regan will outlive him

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 04:04:04 PM »
this part makes me puke in my mouth

"Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced iPad 2 which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices."

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 05:22:54 PM »
this part makes me puke in my mouth

"Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced iPad 2 which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices."

why so ? they had the first GUI interface that creepy/weirdo Billy Gates copied and called windows the best marketed POS software ever.
K

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 05:32:23 PM »
Thought he is dying of cancer?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 07:23:34 PM »
why so ? they had the first GUI interface that creepy/weirdo Billy Gates copied and called windows the best marketed POS software ever.

Who are you? 

Bro, Gates created the first Software company in history - even Jobs has openly aknowledged this incredilbe accomplishment!

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 07:25:03 PM »
steve who?

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 07:50:52 PM »

Bro, Gates created the first Software company in history - even Jobs has openly aknowledged this incredilbe accomplishment!

This:
Beginning in 1979, started by Steve Jobs and led by Jef Raskin, the Lisa and Macintosh teams at Apple Computer (which included former members of the Xerox PARC group) continued to develop such ideas. The Macintosh, released in 1984, was the first commercially successful product to use a GUI
K

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 08:51:28 PM »

This:
Beginning in 1979, started by Steve Jobs and led by Jef Raskin, the Lisa and Macintosh teams at Apple Computer (which included former members of the Xerox PARC group) continued to develop such ideas. The Macintosh, released in 1984, was the first commercially successful product to use a GUI
Xerox was first, then Apple, then MS.

I have to give credit to Steve Jobs. This guy is up there with Ford and Edison. One Jew to admire.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 08:54:04 PM »
I think this may just be a marketing gimmick to promote iDeath

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 08:55:18 PM »

I have to give credit to Steve Jobs. This guy is up there with Ford and Edison. One Jew to admire.

no cannot be up there with edison...
T

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 08:58:03 PM »

Edison was a joke compared to Tesla

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 09:05:09 PM »
You're right. I was being a little generous. But he is great no doubt. I have an old iPhone 3G and this thing amazes me. The other day I was able to help a friend remotely on their computer with my iPhone while in a parking lot. I was talking to them on the iPhone which was connected to the car audio system via bluetooth. At the same time the iPhone was remotely logged in to the desktop of my friend's Windows XP computer via logmein. I could control the mouse, open a dos prompt, type on the computer you name it. All from the iPhone 3g which is a couple of years old. Yes, Windows Mobile phones could do this before the IPHONE but they were not as sexy and intuitive.

Credit goes to Jobs for really kick starting the smart phone and tablet era.

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 10:59:16 PM »
 ;D

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 12:24:57 AM »

You actually have to give credit to Steve Wozniak, who actually built the first apple machines. Jobs always has been just a salesman.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 12:54:43 AM »

Apple steals shit too except they go all out to portray the falsity that they "lead" everything. In their ads they use the words "revolutionizing" and "amazing" over and over. This is at the heart of the reason why it makes me ill, their attitude. They even acted like they came up with Video Calls in the latest iPhone release!  ::)

The engine driven car was revolutionizing. Internet was revolutionizing. Mobile phone technology was revolutionizing. Apples first GUI may have been - i don't know the particular details, I bet it wasn't. If Apple were first with the GUI maybe Microsoft did it better and "lead the revolution" so to speak?

Point is everybody steals but I object to their wording and the smugness that surrounds the company and especially their "fans". Don't know about America but here in Sweden most Apple fanatics are attention driven brainwashed sheep (fanatics not users mind you). My thoughts on the products they list, professional software, digital music, tablets, comps, is as follows...

iTunes is perhaps the most horrid program ever.

The say they "lead" the digital music revolution. No. What just because they took a product, a mp3-player, added a scrolling wheel instead of buttons and painted it white? You can make a case that Napster led digital music forward and made way for Direct connect, Morpheus etc. And now in Sweden it seems like Spotify is clearly leading in digital music distribution, made possible by the revolutionizing(?) peer-2-peer technology.

And iPad 2  ??? Has anyone found a legitimate use for the first iPad let alone this sequel other than showing off and telling people you're cool? Tell me how it has "defined the future". It's a toy for adults. But i have to say, it seems to be a good learning tool for kids.

I worked with both Mac and PC daily and the difference is mainly a preference issue and a price issue IMO.

I do have an iPhone and while I dislike Apple as a brand I think it's currently the best phone out there. Not sure it is revolutionizing in any aspect except it's well packaged and popular. In Stockholm everybody seems to have them.  

This post is nearing a meltdown  ;D but the reason why it makes me sick is their wording and their smugness. I like companies that makes their point through doing not PR:ing. Stick to the facts, don't write "best" when there's no basis! Get off the high horses.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 01:05:42 AM »
Guy has achieved a lot since 70s....kudos.

breakmore

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 01:45:34 AM »

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 01:57:41 AM »

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 02:09:26 AM »

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 02:33:55 AM »
Mr. Aids is no more.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 02:46:23 AM »

epic_alien

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 03:04:25 AM »
Edison was a joke compared to Tesla

you seem to have the knowledge nails, not allot of people know that.

keep up your posts, more people need to know more knowledge

also, did you guys know the bite out of the apple symbolizes sin, epic jew symbolism eh?