Author Topic: kinda effed up knee  (Read 2298 times)

oenguinseatsocks

• Getbig II
kinda effed up knee
« on: August 25, 2011, 07:58:07 AM »
this last monday, i did some leg presses, squats, deadlifts and whatnot and kinda fucked my knee up.  later in the day i started noticing that my right knee popped whenever i put pressure on it.  doesn't really hurt, but nevertheless it's annoying as hell.  my question is: should i keep carrying on like normal, or stay off it for a while? 

techno

• Getbig I
Re: kinda effed up knee
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 12:18:38 PM »
Dude I have the same problem has been like this for 3 months. It was more of a discomfort than a pain.Finally went to doc yesterday becaue it started to swell and I had some pain. Said it could be a partial acl tear. Some times it hurts and sometimes it's okay. Going through some pt for the next few weeks for it.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
Re: kinda effed up knee
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 11:39:04 AM »
I would have thought easing off a bit would be the obvious first answer, then pehaps do a bit of self observation and a bit of research on the mechanicsof the knee joint as its not like any other joint in the body. You might need to be careful on the leg presses as sometimes the normal breaks that cut in with squats and deadlifts are not present and its so so easy to just go pushing while t feels ok.
c