Author Topic: redskins  (Read 1796 times)

wild willie

• Getbig V
redskins
« on: August 26, 2011, 08:19:33 AM »
well.....I was very impressed with the way Hightower ran the ball last night.

Beck seems to have won the starting qb job.

He looked solid.

Let's discuss....

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: redskins
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 08:51:01 AM »
Hightower is a beast. Excellent goalline back. Great receiver out of the backfield, he can do it all.

Beck may win the job because he's a better athlete to run Shanahan's zone blocking offense. The Skins always play their division tough but honestly....6-7 wins at the most.

But Dan Synder is finally done meddling in football operations and letting Shanahan's run it his way.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 09:49:55 AM »
Beck looks very accurate throwing the ball and Hightower solidifies the running game.  S. Moss gives the passing game a consistent guy.....and I know he has the drops right now, but I think that a rookie to keep an eye on is Hankerson. 

The division is brutal and a 6-7 win season would be a nice beginning.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 10:34:48 AM »
They have some nice pieces on defense with Orakpo, Landry, rookie Kerrigan, Hall, Otgowe. Not too sure about their front four pass rush but their linebackers and secondary look pretty solid. Whether they can stop the run consistently and not leave too much pressure for their secondary to make plays, is the real question.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 11:10:31 AM »
They have some nice pieces on defense with Orakpo, Landry, rookie Kerrigan, Hall, Otgowe. Not too sure about their front four pass rush but their linebackers and secondary look pretty solid. Whether they can stop the run consistently and not leave too much pressure for their secondary to make plays, is the real question.

I think the Eagles have the same issue.  Cowboys and Giants are the opposite.  Decent pass rush, but the secondarys are suspect, imo.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 11:23:06 AM »
I think the Eagles have the same issue.  Cowboys and Giants are the opposite.  Decent pass rush, but the secondarys are suspect, imo.

The Giants now, especially with all the recent injuries to their secondary. The Cowboys have two steady starting corners but the middle of the secondary is weak, outside of sensibaugh.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 11:26:33 AM »
The Giants now, especially with all the recent injuries to their secondary. The Cowboys have two steady starting corners but the middle of the secondary is weak, outside of sensibaugh.

Yeah, injuries killed the Giants season.  I am not impressed with Michael Jenkins in Dallas either.  And they have zero depth in the secondary.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 02:02:47 PM »
Yeah, injuries killed the Giants season.  I am not impressed with Michael Jenkins in Dallas either.  And they have zero depth in the secondary.

Like I said in the other thread....The Ravens should trade Dominique Foxworth to the Giants for a 4th or 5th rounder. Foxworth is making almost 7 million this season and isn't even starting for us this year. That would open up a ton of cap space for the Ravens.