Author Topic: Police Seize 49 Pairs Of Tennis Shoes  (Read 7937 times)

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
Re: Police Seize 49 Pairs Of Tennis Shoes
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2011, 07:56:54 PM »
Yes, he was supposed to be the starter at QB this year for LSU.

LSU will lose 3 games, maby 4.

I'm picking MSU to get em in Starkvegas.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2011, 09:02:39 PM »
I will get to this when i have more time, but you are wrong!
Ok. I have a friend of mine who played some pro basketball and played at Tulane. He started getting free shoes from Nike when he was in high school. He is now 46 and they are still sending him free shoes and when everyone sees him wear them to the games, they want them too, so they go buy them. I wish they would send me mine for free, but I am not a 6'6 brother.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2011, 09:48:48 PM »
Ok. I have a friend of mine who played some pro basketball and played at Tulane. He started getting free shoes from Nike when he was in high school. He is now 46 and they are still sending him free shoes and when everyone sees him wear them to the games, they want them too, so they go buy them. I wish they would send me mine for free, but I am not a 6'6 brother.

K, well, i went to Michigan and receiving anything from Nike, Adidas outside of cleats, basketball, baseball, lacrosse equipment is the universities and generally get auctioned off for Charities such as Motts - A Hospital for the world's sickest children located in AA. Now, Jordan Jefferson has said that he paid for these shoes.... ::) ::) Sure, i bet. Each and every year players get jersey's, Helmets, cleats, patches on uniforms that are auctioned off to make $$$$ for universities and they will always have a good excuse for the auctioning off of equipment such as.....we need new seats, expansion, new stadium, scholarship's and raises in tuition,..etc.

I am friends with some of the current and former players at Clemson, Michigan, USF, South Carolina,..etc. You cannot take NOTHING!! I repeat....You cannot take anything if you are on the team and look is what is happening at many universities across the nation.

Let's say for example:

A football player will receive: Shorts to practice in, gym bag, shirts, shoes, arm bands, helmet, pads, jersey,..etc. Now, with most universities you have the option to buy the "Helmet" you wore your last season and you do have the option to buy it, but, if you decline, it gets re-tested to see if it is any good and then goes to the next player coming in.

Now, when it comes to shoes, cleats, jersey's they break down, right? Well, most universities have great trainers that either try to re-pair the shoe or just "throw" them away and the player gets a new pair. Well, most universities will have the player sign the shoes, cleats,..etc and they are auctioned off for a good cause.

Look what happened at O$U...what were the players doing? what was Pryor doing? Pretty simple....he was taking pads, cleats, footballs (Big no-no) and signing them for $$$$, Tats, hookers,...etc. which does happen at alot of school's and there is only one way you can stop it and that is to up your compliance office.

I see that you mentioned that he is now 46, i could use Desmond Howard, Charles Woodson, Jon Janse, Brandon Graham as a example because they gets MICHIGAN stuff when they step on campus, watches practice's, speaks,..etc as does all former Wolverines and that will always happen, but no current player may accept extra benefits and that is what Jordan Jefferson is has done.
D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2011, 09:49:45 PM »
I remember when Ellesse was the big brand in the early 90's.

That and Lottos. And the all white K-Swiss with the "D Ring technology"

3 more faggoty labels that Blacks flew to like flies to shit.

It was fucking pathetic to watch.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2011, 06:50:29 AM »
Douglas Steele - What is up with the frosh TE leaving Mich? Also, how many pair of kicks do you own?
U

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2011, 07:13:51 AM »
Please speak on this. What is your thought of a 20-21 old college student who owns 49 pairs of tennis shoes? Is this normal? Inner-city thing? Race thing? Youth thing?

http://www.wdsu.com/r/28974912/detail.html

They get the clothes and sneakers for free from Nike or whoever sponsors the school.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2011, 07:57:37 AM »
Douglas Steele - What is up with the frosh TE leaving Mich? Also, how many pair of kicks do you own?

Chris Barnett was pissed that he was not the #1 TE.  ::) ::) Did not wanna RS, but that hurt because he was a great player coming with a Torn ACL and expected playing time right away. We have a Lil statement if you leave MICHIGAN...."Those who stay will be Champions" and he felt that he was entitled to playing time.  ::) ::) We have had three players leave this season and that hurts our APR, but i only want players that want to be there! I am a lil scared about Denard trying to stay in the pocket because dude is barely 6'00....so, i expect a ton of roll outs.

Brady Hoke - We are MICHIGAN!!

GO BLUE!!

Stay Maized out 24/7

About the shoes ? About 50 or more, but i have always bought mine or got them as a gift. 
D

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2011, 10:17:18 AM »
I don't think all the shoes they took were his. He had roomates and the police took all the tennis shoes in the apt.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2011, 10:45:42 AM »
You've never heard of sneakerphiles? Check out Sole magazine, you'll see tons of people of diff races, people who collect sneakers...and have a shitload more than 49 pairs. Many are of diff colorways and rare finds. Sneakerphile just released their catalog of all of the Nike Series shoes that have been released...

Shoe Collecting...It's serious business.
I read that Jay likes to buy various cool looking sneakers.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2011, 05:40:55 AM »
Chris Barnett was pissed that he was not the #1 TE.  ::) ::) Did not wanna RS, but that hurt because he was a great player coming with a Torn ACL and expected playing time right away. We have a Lil statement if you leave MICHIGAN...."Those who stay will be Champions" and he felt that he was entitled to playing time.  ::) ::) We have had three players leave this season and that hurts our APR, but i only want players that want to be there! I am a lil scared about Denard trying to stay in the pocket because dude is barely 6'00....so, i expect a ton of roll outs.

Brady Hoke - We are MICHIGAN!!

GO BLUE!!

Stay Maized out 24/7

About the shoes ? About 50 or more, but i have always bought mine or got them as a gift. 
The season is upon us. I enjoyed watching College Gameday yesterday morning. Just ready for some games!!

God's Sport baby!!
U

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2011, 07:33:04 AM »
I had a pair of hakeem olajuwon's spaldings (i think they were like $20), and after i cried all day, my parents traded them in for a pair of non-air huarache high tops.

i also had a pair of patrick ewing's la gears (the non light up version) in black and blue (i think they were for away games).

yeah, nike (air) didn't come into the fold til much later, like when i was 16.
Deep Tissue Massage

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2011, 04:48:01 PM »
update:

got a pair of adidas "samoas", by far the most comfortable shoes i've bought in the last 5 years, i shit you not.

Deep Tissue Massage

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2011, 05:09:37 PM »
BTW, whoever wins the SEC will win the national championship.  The top 3 schools in the country are from the SEC.

I had a pair of Shawn Kemp's, as well as the old Hakeem Olajuwon reebok-pump knockoffs(forgot the damn brand, was a cheap one though).

As far as collecting goes, I collect old, discontinued unopened sodas.   And yes, I have a 6 pack of Crystal Pepsi.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2011, 05:12:37 PM »
Shoes, backup shoes, and the old shoes with duct tape that are still perfectly good.  All you need.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2011, 05:58:03 PM »
BTW, whoever wins the SEC will win the national championship.  The top 3 schools in the country are from the SEC.

I had a pair of Shawn Kemp's, as well as the old Hakeem Olajuwon reebok-pump knockoffs(forgot the damn brand, was a cheap one though).

As far as collecting goes, I collect old, discontinued unopened sodas.   And yes, I have a 6 pack of Crystal Pepsi.
I have an unopened 1980 UGA National Championship Coca Cola
U